Mirthful Monday

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree38Likes
  • 5 Post By moxiemommie
  • 3 Post By Johnsgirlsx3
  • 3 Post By susie_q
  • 3 Post By Wish44
  • 2 Post By moxiemommie
  • 2 Post By Mel S
  • 2 Post By ~~MeeMee~~
  • 2 Post By Missymoos
  • 3 Post By TeamMom2008
  • 3 Post By Fall
  • 3 Post By Social Halfwit
  • 1 Post By Marissa's Mommy
  • 1 Post By Britt3
  • 1 Post By l8nbaby
  • 1 Post By dee.76
  • 1 Post By mrsdaiwa24
  • 1 Post By Justjessie
  • 1 Post By AllyTales

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So, I know we usually do "monday moans" but in light of everything thats taken place since last week, I think today we should express what we are joyous/merry about. Im not sure about you ladies, but lately Ive been embracing the pains I typically "moan" about.

So Im happy, and glad for these pregnancy pains. Joyous about how far my family and I have come this year (leaps and bounds from last january) And overall glad about how everyone has come together in a fellow mommys time of need, and want to say thanks to everyone, esp Jessica and Angela for helping to organize everything. Also a big thank you to everyone who has contributed, sent well wishes and prayers.

January 6th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Super Mommy
I am glad I have made it this far in my pregnancy. I am thrilled that my husband and family are so supported!
~~MeeMee~~, moxiemommie and Mel S like this.

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

January 6th, 2014, 07:50 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I laid in bed for a while and cried yesterday because I now know 3 women that have tried so hard to get and keep their pregnancies and they were unfairly taken away. I wasn't even trying and was unsure if I wanted to keep the baby early on. I'm unbelievable thankful now that I have (so far and from what I can tell) a healthy pregnancy and I now embrace the small aches and whines, but my heart still goes out to those that are in so much emotional pain.
moxiemommie, Missymoos and Mel S like this.

January 6th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Recent events have made me even more scared and more paranoid. I'm am so grateful we have been blessed with this pregnancy and cannot wait to meet Baby in June. I celebrate my growing belly and will happily take the hip pain, stretching, and everything that comes with this pregnancy.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

January 6th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_q View Post
I laid in bed for a while and cried yesterday because I now know 3 women that have tried so hard to get and keep their pregnancies and they were unfairly taken away. I wasn't even trying and was unsure if I wanted to keep the baby early on. I'm unbelievable thankful now that I have (so far and from what I can tell) a healthy pregnancy and I now embrace the small aches and whines, but my heart still goes out to those that are in so much emotional pain.
I completely agree with you. I know we have lost about 12 ladies so far, and I just feel horrible. I wasnt trying with this pregnancy or Ry/Luke and am so fortunate that Ive had two successful pregnancies and smooth labors. So far this pregnancy is going great also. I have a friend who had her baby at 26wks. He survived, and was in the NICU for two months, but it was very hard on her. He was only 2lbs and 13inches.
Missymoos and Mel S like this.

January 6th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Super Mommy
I am so thankful for this pregnancy.

The achy boobs, growing belly, and hormones all make my smile and remember how lucky I am.
l8nbaby and moxiemommie like this.
January 6th, 2014, 10:10 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like this thread of saying all that we are gratefull for!

And like everyone else....I wanted this pregnancy for so long that I'm very happily accepting all the aches, pain and changes in my body
moxiemommie and Mel S like this.

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
January 6th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I have fought a feeling of guilt pretty much since the day after I received my BFP - I can't help but wonder sometimes how my DH and I became so fortunate to conceive naturally after being told that it would never happen for us without medical assistance/intervention...

Having experienced a loss, albeit an early loss, my heart aches for the angel-baby mommies in our group as well as the other women who have experienced loss. I am grateful for their strength, courage and willingness to share their painful stories with us.

So, in line with the other ladies above, I am grateful and so extremely happy to be pregnant - heartburn and ligament pains included - I acknowledge and am very grateful for the relatively comfortable first trimester I experienced and for the wonderful second trimester I am having so far.

Lastly, I am so grateful to have the support of all my friends and family, and to have an outlet like JM to share our journey to conceive, and pregnancy experiences, with other women and hear about their experiences in return
moxiemommie and Mel S like this.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
January 6th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Super Mommy
I'm so happy that we have been blessed with another pregnancy after March.

The reactions of everyone around assure me that this child is already so welcomed.

I have said for 3 months, the sicker I feel, the better I feel about the whole thing. I am still sleeping crazy hours (like the entire second half of the Chargers game yesterday, apparently my husband was screaming during two touch downs and my son kept shushing him, and then my dad came over for the end of the game, so I woke up to find a house party and a Chargers win that I had literally slept through). And my son is super excited for his new role in our family.

Literally, no complaints.

January 6th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm grateful that so far for a twin pregnancy I've had no problems and am healthy and doing great. I'm also glad for a great appointment today as well as the kids went back to school after being home for two weeks.

January 6th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
This morning I woke up and my tummy was lopsided.. Duck was favoring my right side. I told DF to make the baby move because my lopsided tummy looked weird, so he put his face close to my tummy and said "This is your father, move!" and we watched for the bump to move but no luck. I told him Duck is in there going "You can't tell me what to do, old man" and then we made a joke about Duck taking up skateboarding while still in the womb.

I'm excited for more movement, and for baby to start hearing. The boys are excited to talk to their sibling and DF is excited to start playing music for my belly.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

January 6th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
I am very thankful that we had no trouble getting pregnant and that my medical conditions were diagnosed in my previous pregnancy so we were better prepared this time. I am thankful to be part of a such a wonderful group of caring supportive ladies would go to the moon and back if they could to help any one of us when needed.
Mel S likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
January 6th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm very thankful to have such an awesome DP who is doing all he can to provide for our family, prepare for our LO, and treat me even better than always. I'm thankful for our LO and that we are PG and got PG so fast and easily. I'm thankful my son went back to school today - but not because I didn't want to see him - but because he needs his school so much (it's a school for children with special needs) and it has been rough the last couple weeks without that structure and therapy for him. I'm thankful my son is excited about the pregnancy, and is happy to be a big-brother-to-be.
Mel S likes this.

January 7th, 2014, 02:40 AM
Veteran
I am grateful for a wonderful visit over the holidays with my family and that they got to see my little baby bump. I'm also grateful that all our flights went off without a hitch and that I came through them healthy (no blood clots) and that we were lucky to get off before the winter storms hit.
Mel S likes this.
January 7th, 2014, 02:55 AM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am very grateful for having a trouble free pregnancy so far... I am grateful for every bump, ache, pain, every second of exhaustion.. I am grateful for my 4 beautiful boys I already have.. They light me up every day.. and I adore every second I spend with them and count myself truly lucky to have the amazing family I have..
Mel S likes this.

January 7th, 2014, 06:30 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I'm thankful for so many things with this pregnancy. I'm thankful that we conceived during the first cycle of TTC. I'm thankful that so far, everything has been going smoothly and Baby Boy is healthy. While I would have loved and adored another daughter, I am thankful that this baby is a boy and giving my FIL his first (and what will be his only) male grandchild to carry on the family name. I'm thankful that I've had sympathetic and understanding students this school year who made it so much easier to get through my first trimester. I'm thankful to my friends who at times can be overly concerned (to the point of irritation!) but obviously care so much about me that they ask a million questions to make sure I'm alright. I'm thankful for the Sept 10 PR that has been with me for the last four years through thick and thin. And I'm thankful to be part of the June DDC and to get to know such a wonderful and supportive group of ladies.

And......I'm thankful that I can drink coffee again! (Okay, just a cup a day but it helps!)
Mel S likes this.
January 7th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I'm thankful to be part of such a generous and caring group...and not once have I seen ANYONE on this board judge anyone else. I'm thankful that everyone accepts everyone as they are =)

I'm thankful that this is a pretty uneventful pregnancy...not a ton of movement, when I'm not nauseous half the time I forget she's there...but that's a good thing! She's fine and I think she doesn't need me worrying and I've come to accept that.

Even though I was done after having ONE child, I'm thankful that I was able to have 4. (5 pregnancies) Because really, I kept thinking about more. (I know I'm done after this...I don't have that "awwww I wish I could be pregnant again" feeling) I think 4 will complete me.

And I'm thankful we had two more days off because of the cold. Because the kids are driving me nuts here but the stress of work is going to make me scream and two more days not to think about it was nice =)
Mel S likes this.
January 7th, 2014, 07:42 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm thankful for everyone here! This is my first DDC, of course.. and it's been such a wonderful experience. I've met so many lovely ladies, and I can't wait to get to know everyone even better as we go through this journey. And I can't wait to see all these little ones born.

I'm thankful for my husband, who has been AMAZING! So supportive, caring, loving and into this pregnancy.

I'm thankful for this little girl inside of me, and I still can't believe she's a GIRL! Still feels so weird to say that. I love feeling her move (still those butterflies inside of me) and hearing her heartbeat every day is just amazing to me.

I have so much to be thankful for right now
Mel S likes this.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search