fb group poll

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Are we ready for a fb group?
Yes, start a fb group 6 26.09%
No, lets wait to start a fb group 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By mrsdaiwa24
  • 1 Post By RhiettaP
  • 1 Post By Britt3
  • 1 Post By angelsailor288
  • 1 Post By Mel S
  • 2 Post By TeamMom2008
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
We had talked about this when we first joined and decided it would wait until the new year so we can all get to know each other and learn screen names. Here we are at the new Year and a few have mentioned wanting the fb group. I don't mind starting one but before I do I would like to see how many are interesting in having it, I am doing a poll to see if the majority would like one set up now or to wait longer. Once a fb group is set up we will set up some requirements to join the group, fb is a bit more open with real names, profile pics, pics of families and so on, many do not want to share that information with those who may not be so active or lurkers on the group. Usually to join the fb group you must have x amount of posts on jm and x amount of posts to the dcc as well. Also you don 't have to join right away, you can join anytime you feel comfortable. Feel free to also post your thoughts on the requirements.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
January 6th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not huge into the FB thing, and I'm guessing FB would kind of replace the boards, so I'm saying no. I feel like a lot of work has gone into our board, we finally have a theme, are setting up sub forums, etc.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

January 6th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, i know the jan 2010ddc is primarily all on fb and hardly use their board... I wanted to join since Ryan is a jan 2010 bby, but not too many members are on now.

January 6th, 2014, 07:43 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
The FB group is a great idea, but I think it might be a good idea to wait a while. The FB will quickly replace the board -- it happened with my daughter's PR. It's easier and convenient to use FB but it's also a lot harder to keep up with everything that's going on. With the JM board, you can be gone all day and get caught up a lot easier (this is coming from someone who can't access FB all day long at school and often finds myself drowning in FB threads and comments!).

I'd like to see us use the board and the secret forum right now. Plus, the secret forum is better for confidential information -- your hubby/SO might stumble on your FB by accident, but it's a lot harder for him to get into the secret Fun House!

Like I said, it's a good idea, but maybe we should wait a while.
AtomicMama and moxiemommie like this.
January 6th, 2014, 07:46 AM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When my previous DDC started a FB group...it pretty much KILLED the DDC because FB was so much easier to check in and post to on mobile phones.
moxiemommie likes this.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
January 6th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah if we did a fb thing, I feel like this DDC would be quiet. I like having a get-away from fb here.
moxiemommie likes this.

January 6th, 2014, 07:56 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the fb group. But I feel like we'd miss out on the board. Once we switched to the group the board totally died in my last pr
moxiemommie likes this.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

January 6th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Super Mommy
I prefer the DDC right now...but think transitioning to FB once the babies arrive...
njkatc likes this.
January 6th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Super Mommy
I think we should transition in July when people want to post photos of the babies and comments with more ease. I think we should let the babies arrive on the JM site, post birth stories here and keep everyone together until they would normally transition us to a playroom. That seems like a better transition to me.
AtomicMama and toasterbell like this.

January 6th, 2014, 09:14 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't vote because I don't do FB, but would like to do everything to ensure this board stays active!

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
January 6th, 2014, 09:16 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My previous DDC transitioned not that long after the babies were born and I think that was good timing.

January 6th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I kind of think that if we have a Facebook group, we will lose interest in JM here...truthfully too, I kind of like keeping it a little separate.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
January 6th, 2014, 10:03 AM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
I voted to wait on fb. Its a great thing once the babies are here, but for now I agree its best to remain on jm. With my Aug07 group we are dead on JM but super active on fb. But, we've also been together for almost 7 years.

January 6th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha I guess i'm the odd man out! I've had two DDC/PR transition from JM to fb and it's so much easier for me to keep track (and put names with faces).
January 6th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really like the idea but I think it'd be best to wait till we're a playroom and more are on fb with little ones.

January 6th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I agree with waiting until babies are born.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

January 6th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
It doesn't matter to me either way, fb is easier but I also come to JM and have been since 2010. I guess since fb is mobile that does make it a bit easier there. My past 2 ddc's made a group at the end of our pgs and the other around the end of the first trimester and neither of the jm ddc's suffered from it as not everyone joined right away. Those that wanted to remain on jm did and those that wanted to join the group and be a part of both groups did that. It seemed to work out well until after all the babies were born and the jm ddc turned into a pr, then the group became very slow.

Maybe at some point later on, a group can be created and those who want to join can, that way everyone can either choose to be in it or not. My last ddc's fb group started out pretty small until later in the pgs and after birth when the rest joined.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
January 6th, 2014, 11:34 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I think it'd be best to wait until late June or July when the babies are all here. We'll be busy and it'll be easier to see the pics and to check one site. If we do it now, it will kill the DDC board. The Sept 12 DDC/PR created our FB group in Oct and it was great timing. We were all overwhelmed and the board had pretty much died down, but FB allowed us to easily stay connected. It was great timing. We are all still very close and talk all the time, but none of us are on the JM PR board anymore.
AtomicMama likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 11th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Veteran
I like the idea of a fb group because it would be much easier to check in on and actually participate in. That being said, if a fb group is started, I would be one that never came here anymore and it is true that the board would die. I do think before or around when babies start coming would be a good time because I know for me once I have a newborn, getting on the computer is going to be hard, but hopping on the ipod while nursing to check fb will be much easier.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search