I think my intuition is broken... is yours?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama
  • 1 Post By Caitlin
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit
  • 1 Post By Wish44
  • 1 Post By bluewren
  • 1 Post By Fall
  • 1 Post By RhiettaP
  • 1 Post By AllyTales
  • 1 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 1 Post By 2bigboys
  • 1 Post By toasterbell
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5
  • 1 Post By Britt3
  • 1 Post By kaylakay
  • 1 Post By Missymoos
  • 1 Post By alliebeecher

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
For those of us who dont know genders, or for thosevthat know - did this ever happen before you found out? I have been pretty much insisting on this baby being a boy. Last week I could NOT even picture a girl... this week... I have wanted to buy little dresses... go yo tea rooms and have a little girl yondress up and take. Ive been eying those pink and purple cowgirl boots- because how can a little girl NOT want to ride horses (even though Luke totally loves it too) I did NOT think I would have gender disappoinment. Even around the time I concieved (sept 1) I thought oh wouldnt it be nice to have a little girl... but then thought oh she would be born this June and I would have yo buy a new car, so that would mean our april,2015 wedding plans would be outside the window (since we are paying for the wedding ourselves) and then I just told myself no, we can try a couple years after we get married 2017 (I have a thing with years because of the chinese zodiac and really wanted yr of the dog 2018 or a snake 2013-not possible or a horse 2014) well... my plans totally fell apart, but we are very happy they did! But all this boy girl back and forth is driving me insane! Now all I can think is pink and I dont even like pink! I still swear its a boy... this is totally killing me not knowing. What about you??? Do you findbout soon?

January 10th, 2014, 09:10 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I think it's a girl, but I want a boy I will be absolutely thrilled either way, of course. That said, I was so convinced that DS was a girl that even after a whole slew of ultrasounds said boy, I still expected him to pop out and be a girl He clearly is NOT. My intuition just stinks!
moxiemommie likes this.

January 10th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My intuition was right x3!
moxiemommie likes this.
January 10th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I am really hoping for a girl, but I am convincing myself that Duck is a boy. I am going to be very sad if I don't get to have a daughter, and my cat will suffer because she will then be my little girl and I will dress her up.

I do tend to think that it is a girl because this pregnancy has been so vastly different from the boys', but I also know that pregnancies can vary a lot and still end up with the same gender.
moxiemommie likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

January 10th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was pretty darn convinced we were having a girl. Every time I would think about life with a baby, I pictured a little girl. Well, we are having a boy! So, my intuition was way off! Couldn't be happier though!
moxiemommie likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

January 10th, 2014, 10:18 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have absolutely no intuition. I've tried to "connect" and get a vibe but I'm coming up blank.
moxiemommie likes this.

January 10th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea this time around!!! I've also heard it's hard for two mamas to pick up on what babies are because of there being two and mixed signals from both. I've had a couple of dreams that I'm having a boy/girl combo but then I think they are both boys. So I have no idea!! I'll find out on the 23rd what they are.
moxiemommie likes this.

January 10th, 2014, 10:55 AM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my last I just KNEW it was a girl....knew it so I even started to decorate the room in pink and girl stuff...let me tell you how shocked I was when they said it was another boy (I have 3 boys in a row). I will find out on the 16th what this one is...I really hope it's a girl!
moxiemommie likes this.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
January 10th, 2014, 11:36 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
My intuition was broke before we found out, so don't feel bad! I kept going back and forth. There were times I was SO positive it was a boy. And then SO positive it was a girl. Then there were times I had no clue.

And I understand wanting a certain sex, too. I wanted a healthy baby, 100%. And I would have been over the moon happy with a son. But a small part of me really wanted my girl.
moxiemommie likes this.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
January 10th, 2014, 11:59 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I thought DD was a boy so I'm obviously broken. I have no vibes this time other than having difficulty picturing a boy, which probably means it's a boy. Guess I'll find out in June!
moxiemommie likes this.

January 10th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Veteran
First I assumed was a boy no intuition. 2nd I assumed was a girl, but it was another boy. This time no way it could have been anything but a girl and I was right.
moxiemommie likes this.
January 10th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Veteran
I was right the last two times, and this time I can only refer to the Sprout as him, but I don't trust it a bit. I have to wait until the 24th to find out for sure, and I can't wait. This is the first time that I'm planning on finding out the gender in advance, so it should be awesome. :-)

Gypsy
moxiemommie likes this.
January 10th, 2014, 01:25 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
With my first three, I kinda wanted a girl, but in my heart knew boy. I was right. With Bailey and with this one, my intuition was very much a girl....I was right!!! It's easy to let what you desire cloud the intuition. It totally did with my boys. A couple of family members had me almost convinced that it was a girl with them, but I wasn't the least surprised they were boys, because deep down I already knew it.
moxiemommie likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 10th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
With my first I knew 100% right away that it was a boy.

With this one, I was sure at first that it was a boy- then I switched to girl.

Howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr- with my first I wanted a boy SO BADLY. With this pregnancy I wanted a boy at first, and then a girl..... so I think my intuition is just based on what I want. lol.

Now that I'm ok with a boy or a girl (but still hoping for a girl) I have NO idea what we are having. lol.
moxiemommie likes this.

January 11th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Veteran
With both dd and ds, I knew what they were right from the get go. I even bought gender specific clothes before our gender scans because I was so certain. With this one, at first I had girl vibes, then boy vibes, now I have no vibes. It will be interesting to see what it is since I really have no clue.

January 11th, 2014, 02:32 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I was so convinced I was having another girl that I only thought of girl names and called it a "she"...

Well... He is FOR SURE a little man! I was completely shocked when my doctor said I think it's a boy! Hahah.

I am so excited cause now I'll have one of each but my intuition was for sure wrong. Hehe
moxiemommie likes this.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
January 11th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I had no inklings, thoughts, feelings, or dreams whatsoever about the gender! DH kept calling GingerBean a boy, referring to "him" or "he" all the time...but the day before our Gender ultrasound DH turned to me before bed and said he had a feeling all day that it was a girl...and the our ultrasound on Friday told us that he was correct - we're having a little girl! He is slowly, but surely, getting used to the idea
moxiemommie likes this.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
January 11th, 2014, 03:15 PM
alliebeecher's Avatar Veteran
Oh, my intuition sucks I was 100% convinced that I was having a girl. I referred to the baby as "she", made Pinterest boards of girl clothes, etc. People asked me how I'd feel if baby turned out to be a boy, and I'd say something like "well she BETTER not be!" hehe.

I expected to have serious "gender disappointment" if I ended up having a boy. Quite the contrary actually. I remember hearing the Ob say "It's a boy!" and feeling total shock... for several minutes I couldn't even do anything I was so shocked. Then I just got SO excited to meet my baby! I've been over the moon ever since.
moxiemommie likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search