Anatomy Scan :)

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 9 Post By Missymoos
  • 1 Post By Missymoos

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
Well...today has been an interesting day!

We were supposed to get our 19 week anatomy scan done at a clinic in Toronto (the same one we had our 12 week scan at) but we got stuck in traffic on the way into the city - I called the clinic and they said they were fully booked so if we were going to be late we'd have to reschedule!

I already took the day off and DH turned down overtime so I wasn't having it - while we were sitting on the hwy I called 7 other ultrasound clinics closer to home and finally found one with an opening at 2pm - phew!

I definitely did not like this clinic as much as the one in the city - the equipment they used was noticeably not as modern as the other clinic and the pictures they gave me were awful - can't really scan them at all. So I am going to schedule an elective scan back at the city clinic because darn it, I need good high quality photos!!!

Anyhow - the technician barely said two words to DH and I the entire 40 minutes we were there, despite us trying to engage her in a little commentary about the scan - but finally near the end she asked us if we wanted to know gender. I had an idea already just from watching the scan, but she confirmed my guess with her own...mind you she went on with her big disclaimer about this only being a guess on her part and not guaranteed 100% etc., etc...

...BUT...

...you can add us to team...

... PINK!!!

Our GingerBean is a little girl

I am very excited, I started wanting a girl secretly about a month ago - but I knew DH really wanted a boy so I was trying to hope for his sake that it was a boy...he was actually visibly disappointed though and hasn't really talked much about it since the scan. I'm trying not to let his initial reaction bother me because I know he'll fall in love once she's born and he is soooo amazing with all of our friends' little girls, but it does sadden me a little bit since I feel like now the second half of our pregnancy may not be as exciting as the first half, so here's hoping he gets over his shock and initial fear/disappointment quickly enough to enjoy the rest of the pregnancy with me.

Good news is that at least we agree on a first name for a girl - Delainey (Lainey for short) - we're still debating the middle name but I'm not as worried about that as the first name being one I love.
njkatc, Britt3, jayepink and 6 others like this.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
January 10th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!!! Give your DH time. He will not love the baby any less. He's probably just in shock! I LOVE your name choice!

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

January 10th, 2014, 04:01 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Yay! Congrats on your little girl! DH will come around -- just give him some time and space.
January 10th, 2014, 04:25 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!! I'm sure DH will come around.

January 10th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Veteran
Mine is having a hard time too and we already have two of his mini-me's. yay team pink!
January 10th, 2014, 05:03 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Congrats!!!!!!!! So exciting! He'll come around. Even after us wanting a girl so badly for our 4th, DH was still in shock when we found out Bailey was, indeed, a girl. He was just so nervous. He knows boys, he was so nervous about a little girl. He said he couldn't explain it, but the responsibility just felt so much greater for a little girl as her Daddy. But, he came around and got excited quickly. Can I just tell you that he cried for the first time ever when he held her for the first time? He loves our boys like crazy, but there was just something special about that Daddy/Daughter bond. I bet your DH will be there shortly, and if not, get ready for the first time he holds her. Talk about wrapped!!! She will have him instantly enamored...
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 10th, 2014, 06:42 PM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
That's so awesome! He will definitely come around, just give him some time! He knew going into this that there was no guarantee he would get what he wants on the first try

January 10th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay!!! so I think its 9girls 11boys now! Congratulations on your little girl!!! Your hubby will be excited once the intial shock wears off

January 10th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!! She'll wrap him around her little finger the moment she's born!!!

January 10th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
Yes he will fall in love he just needs some time to digest the info. We needed more girls for our PR anyways

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
January 10th, 2014, 10:01 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Yay for pink!
Your dh will come around. He probably had everything 'planned out' in his head as having a boy. He will adjust

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

January 11th, 2014, 06:47 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome to team PINK! YAY! So excited for you!!!!!!

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
January 11th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
We had a little talk last night and he apologized for being a damper on my excitement...he said it wasn't that he was upset that we were having a girl but more him upset over the loss of not having a son. He said he loves our little girl already but he's already starting to stress over raising a little girl in "today's environment", he says boys are easy but girls terrify him, lol.

Guy logic I guess - anyhow, I reminded him that now that we've conceived once on our own with no medical assistance I don't see why we wouldn't be able to do so again and who knows! I am 34 and we do want more than one child so we'll probably start at it again pretty soon after GingerBean
Britt3 likes this.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)

Last edited by Missymoos; January 11th, 2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: typo
January 11th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Super Mommy
I'm so glad you were able to get your anatomy scan today. I cannot believe that your original clinic had an issue with you being a little late - traffic in and around Toronto is crazy, I can only imagine that you're not the only ones who would have been running late. Anyways, you got seen elsewhere, so that's good.

A little girl - how sweet; and you already have a name, that takes away some of the stress.

I agree that your DH will be wrapped around her little finger the day that she's born! And yes, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to conceive naturally after this one - you are even more fertile in the months after birth.

Congrats on a good appointment....good luck at getting higher quality photos, can't wait to see them.
January 11th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Super Mommy
Yahoo!!! sorry for the drama but congrats on the great soon and TEAM PINK!!

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

January 11th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Veteran
Yaye for team pink and for at least getting a scan- even if it wasn't that great. Your hubby will come around. My hubs really wanted a boy the first time around too, but he quickly warmed up to having a girl.

January 11th, 2014, 05:12 PM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad he's coming around. Congrats!! Beautiful name too

January 13th, 2014, 09:10 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Yay! Congrats on your baby girl I'm glad you got in somewhere, and I hope you can get an elective u/s soon!

I'm glad that you and DH were able to talk. Hopefully he'll start to get excited soon, and hopefully knowing that you're wanting to have another will help him feel like he hasn't completely lost the chance of a son.

January 13th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
YAY!!! Congrats!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search