What have you bought?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you made any purchases for baby yet
January 18th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just a little bath chair with turtles on it But we will be painting the room and bringing in furniture for the babys room soon! It should be done next month, and then we will do the color accents depending on gender excited! But not too excited yet or trying not to be until 25 weeks.

Oh is today deannas bday??? Happy birthday deanna!!!!!

January 18th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
We've bought some clothes, but I've been waiting for bigger baby purchases once tax return is in/we have a car/we decide whether to accept DF's family offer to throw us a baby shower. I'm also planning on storing stuff in the third bedroom, which is currently occupied by lots of junk and my dying rat, so I don't want to start moving things and upsetting her until after she's gone.

We desperately need to start stocking up on diapers, but I promised myself I wouldn't until after the CD 101 class.. which we're now not doing until mid-February... ugh!

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

January 18th, 2014, 04:17 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought the car seat and stroller a few months back because I came across a good deal. I bought a dress the day I found out the gender and today I got a huuuuuuuge bag of stuff at several different thrift stores for $32.

I figure I need to wrangle DH into helping me rearrange our bedroom tomorrow so we could fit a small dresser to hold Penelope's stuff.

January 18th, 2014, 04:59 PM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't bought anything, well except a pack of diapers here and there when I see a coupon and/or the store has them on sale. I think we are going to wait until tax returns and go on one huge baby shopping spree.

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
January 18th, 2014, 05:31 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I've bought a few diapers. I scrounge for diapers at the local baby boutique/consignment shop whenever I'm in there (which is ENTIRELY too often). I think I've picked up a few smaller fitteds and some pockets. I bought a WAHM Doctor Who diaper on a Hyenacart auction (spent WAY too much on that but OMG Timey Wimey diaper!!!!). I really need to stop with the diapers. I could diaper quadruplets. Speaking of diapers I need some more natural fiber inserts and some more pockets for daycare ..... OMG stop me!!

I've been looking at woven wraps. I *think* I'm set on a Girasol diamond weave but I'm just not ready to make the leap yet. I want to play with the Gira twill my friend lent me a bit more before I bite. I may also have a carrier problem ...

My Dad gave us some money for Christmas for a glider I've been shopping but I've not found the one I LOVE yet and I'm not feeling the nesting pressure to BUY NOW.

The JBF sale is coming to town this week. I'll probably pick up a bouncer, a tub, and a swing when I'm there. We sold those immediately after DD outgrew them. If I come back with diapers or carriers, please yell at me.

Other than that we're set.

January 18th, 2014, 05:32 PM
NavyWifey's Avatar Super Mommy
I got three newborn sized cloth work horse fitted cloth diapers. I need some more newborn prefolds.

I was the mom who got a lot of stuff gender neutral for their girl so it would all be reuseable no matter what I had for my second. All I really *want* is more crib sheets that aren't pink, and even that isn't time sensitive because we'll be co-sleeping for a long time. So I have quite a while to prepare his bedroom.

But I've got a wonderful car seat that fits all my requirements (not due to expire for another 4 years, mint history, great to install, etc.), a blue Ergo carrier, and a ton of cloth diapers from my now potty trained daughter.

Siggie by the lovely and talented GraysMama
January 18th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersMommy View Post
I've been looking at woven wraps. I *think* I'm set on a Girasol diamond weave but I'm just not ready to make the leap yet. I want to play with the Gira twill my friend lent me a bit more before I bite. I may also have a carrier problem ...
My friend has a few (!!!) Girasol wraps and they are awesome. She got herself a pretty full sized rainbow one and got me the mini rainbow.

Her other favorite is her Oscha wrap, the Pine Braid one I just linked here.

Both are awesome options for newborn up to toddler, and they're sturdy enough for little chunksters.

...oh, I'm sorry, did you want me to discourage you? Can't do it! The longer you have your wraps, which tend to be used daily, the longer you get value out of them.

January 18th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just two little plush elephants. DH nicknamed them little elephants and I couldn't resist when I saw them.

January 18th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyWifey View Post
My friend has a few (!!!) Girasol wraps and they are awesome. She got herself a pretty full sized rainbow one and got me the mini rainbow.

Her other favorite is her Oscha wrap, the Pine Braid one I just linked here.

Both are awesome options for newborn up to toddler, and they're sturdy enough for little chunksters.

...oh, I'm sorry, did you want me to discourage you? Can't do it! The longer you have your wraps, which tend to be used daily, the longer you get value out of them.
I hadn't really looked at the Oschas. I asked my wrapping fanatic friends for recommendations for a chunky Tucson baby and Oschas didn't really come up. I'll have to play with one from local lending library if one is available. I'm determined to be a ONE wrap mama. Even if that means selling one to get another later. I will NOT become like my friends with dozens of wraps. DH won't let me

January 18th, 2014, 07:07 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The infant seat, some newborn cloth diapers, a boppy. Waiting on the rest til I know gender

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

January 18th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersMommy View Post
I hadn't really looked at the Oschas. I asked my wrapping fanatic friends for recommendations for a chunky Tucson baby and Oschas didn't really come up. I'll have to play with one from local lending library if one is available. I'm determined to be a ONE wrap mama. Even if that means selling one to get another later. I will NOT become like my friends with dozens of wraps. DH won't let me
I am utterly spastic with my wraps and no good with them. I just can't make them work for me, and only use them when my friend is around to put me into it, haha. I lived in my Ergo with my daughter, and will use it for my son. My friend is a wrap addict and loves to try to convert me from my Ergo, and so I have the small rainbow I mentioned, a purple linen gauze wrap (great for summer!), a Seven sling, and a few others I've forgotten the names of. The only one I ever bought was a Moby wrap, and I gave it away to the first person who showed interest, lol.

January 18th, 2014, 08:50 PM
I thought about selling my Moby at the JBF sale but I can't even seem to part with that piece o' crap. I have problems!
NavyWifey likes this.

January 19th, 2014, 04:30 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
A baby book, some clothes and a few childrens books. That's all for now! I'm waiting until after my shower to get most things (besides the big ticket nursery items- which my amazing parents and sisters are chipping in for soon).

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
January 19th, 2014, 06:50 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Nothing -- until we move, I don't have room to store anything. I started a couple of bins worth of Betsy's old stuff that Baby can use but that's it.
January 19th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I still haven't bought anything, I think with my previous losses I am not wanting to jinx myself
January 19th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma!
Despite knowing the gender now, we haven't actually bought anything else since the last thread about baby stuff...except...my gf and I did pick out a baby-shower invite that we loved from Etsy and order them

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/8407...query=elephant

I changed the pink to a more peachy-pink colour and also ordered co-ordinating thank-you cards...so excited!

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
January 21st, 2014, 05:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Paint for the nursery LOL not sure if that counts, just purchased a changing table last night! That's about it
January 21st, 2014, 06:21 AM
amityx7's Avatar Miracle Baby Due 6/8/14
We've bought a few outfits here and there, and were given some clothes and a baby bathtub from my brother's fiancee's cousin. Oh yeah, and I bought two newborn headbands off of Etsy last night. Other than that, we really need to get our butts in gear, I'd say.

Gabrielle June 6/13/14

January 21st, 2014, 06:31 AM
Veteran
I bought an exersaucer, bouncy seat and mobile back around black Friday. I had a lot of Kohl's cash because my husband needed some new work clothes. I just bought the bedding and car seat/stroller and a few outfits. The stuff I just bought is all pink and I am so terrified that the baby will "grow a penis." This is our last baby so I figured I could get away with a girly car seat. We aren't opening anything yet so we can return it if need be.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search