What are your baby girls coming home in?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2014, 10:20 AM
Super Mommy
I want it to be cute and very girly but not over the top.
We live in tx and it will be hot on due day. Thinking a one piece girly pink outfit or a dress. Cotton so she is comfy. Hopeing to find something on Zulilly or at babies r us.
cortln and NewMommyErin like this.
February 2nd, 2014, 11:27 AM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
I was thinking something with a tutu

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
February 2nd, 2014, 01:42 PM
Veteran
I have bought a few baby things, but haven't found that special outfit yet. I did buy a cute pink one piece with no sleeves and pants yesterday so that if I can't find something cuter.

The cutest outfit I bought so far is navy with ice cream comes on it. I did 3-6 months so she can wear it longer. At this point she is measuring big so not buying a lot of 0-3, and not buying any newborn size. My last was 9lb. 13 oz so as long as she is measuring big I'm assuming she will be big.
February 2nd, 2014, 02:48 PM
Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure mine will pass newborn clothes and go straight to 3-6 mnths. I was a 10lb baby and so was husband. My nephews never wore newborn clothes.
February 2nd, 2014, 03:25 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilonbeta View Post
I was thinking something with a tutu
Zulily gas some cute tutus. But you have to buy when you first see it. That store is always changing styles.
February 2nd, 2014, 04:41 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got this fabric (DS helped pick it out!):

and plan on making it into dress using this pattern:

I'll probably pair it with a cardigan and either leggings or a diaper cover depending on the weather.

February 2nd, 2014, 05:38 PM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not sure as yet, but I will be choosing carefully.. funnily enough with my other boys I didn't put as much thought into their outfit coming home... as horrible as that is to admit... but I am going to have so much fun dressing our little girl.. I will go NUTS!!!.. hehe

February 2nd, 2014, 07:17 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee.76 View Post
I am not sure as yet, but I will be choosing carefully.. funnily enough with my other boys I didn't put as much thought into their outfit coming home... as horrible as that is to admit... but I am going to have so much fun dressing our little girl.. I will go NUTS!!!.. hehe
We just found out Friday it's a girl. I've bought 5 outfits, 2 Jammie's. I need to slow down.
Britt3, dee.76 and Missymoos like this.
February 2nd, 2014, 07:58 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
This was dd's (born last year) going home outfit.

This was her "other" going home outfit, we took pics of her in it because it was my first dd's going home outfit, she's 12 now and it was so important for her to see her little sister in this outfit. She waited a long time for a little sister.

Isabelle didn't actually wear either of these home because she ended up with Jaundice and had to wear the blanket and shades while being poked all the time, so once we were released we just wanted to go home, we dressed her in a cozy sleeper for the trip.

This time I will likely do the same tutu set but maybe in Lavender or Red and she will take pics in her oldest sister's outfit as well, we will bring a couple light sleepers just in case.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
February 2nd, 2014, 08:45 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I won't know if I'm bringing home a girl until the big day but either way Sprog will be rocking a onesie I'm knitting. I picked up some bamboo/cotton yarn in a festive Mardi Gras color palette and I found a pattern for a light and airy onesie. I'm excited about it. I'm also making booties, a hat, and a lovey to match. It'll be overkill in June but it'll be cute for pics
AtomicMama and bluewren like this.

February 3rd, 2014, 05:19 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I don't know the gender, but probably a sleeper either way. We have a fairly long drive home, and I just want baby to be comfy. I may even have DH pick (since he knows) and surprise me with it after baby is born. Or find something cream.
Spottts likes this.

February 3rd, 2014, 05:21 AM
NewMommyErin's Avatar Regular
I have a picture of her going home outfit as my avatar We bought it at babies r us, the day we found out little Rosemary is a girl! My DF and I had not made a single purchase for baby until that day.

We also are toying with the idea of an understated headband. It's hard NOT to go overboard!! I also want to buy her a tiny bracelet with her name engraved, but funds will have to allow
You'll find the perfect outfit!!
February 3rd, 2014, 09:29 AM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a hard time finding something because from experience, I don't put my newborns in onesies until the cord falls off. My 2nd DS had a onesie pull his cord off way too early because it was so tight.

We ended up choosing a classic lightweight dress- Feltman Brothers. It was important to my mom that I used something that was similar to what I came home in.
February 3rd, 2014, 10:16 AM
Super Mommy
I'm sure it will be a smile but adorable sun dress. May use the one I just bought on zulily if I don't find anything else.
February 3rd, 2014, 12:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't know if it's a boy or girl yet (finding out friday, hopefully), however, it will probably be something sports related lol Either STL Cardinals or Michael Jordan related. They have some cute girlie sports stuff on Etsy so that's where I will probably go if it's a girl.
February 8th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
WAH HAHAA I'm so excited to join this thread.

I have a tradition of going shopping after the ultrasound and buying the going home outfit. With Bodhi, it was a little shirt/pant set that I didn't get any pictures of. With Brig, it was a little bear snowsuit that had ears on the hood. It was a little big but so snuggly since it was snowy and cold out.

This time, it will be pretty warm out, and I really just wanted a cute onesie with matching baby legs. At first, I was going to go with a white onesie that said "Little Sister" in different colors, but I was really struggling to find the matching baby legs. I figured I could just go with plain white ones, BUT THEN I FOUND THESE:

So we're going to do those, with a plain blue onesie that matches the shade on there. I'm so excited!! It may include some booties or mittens, perhaps even a bow or headband.
epsilonbeta likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

February 8th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Super Mommy
At the rate my mom is shopping she just might pick out the going home outfit not knowing it, lol. She has bought 4 outfits and the crib.

We have bought 4 outfits , 2 pjs.

We have only know the sex since Feb 1.
February 10th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I haven't really thought about it yet...I don't really want anyone else around except DH and I for our coming home (same as the birth plan) so we probably won't worry too much about a coming-home outfit...now outfits for the various meet 'n greets...that's another story! There will be a bit of a baby-competition going on since two girlfriends (one my DH's neice!) are also having girls in late May/June

Mostly I want our GingerBean to be softly feminine without going over the top on pinks...I am leaning more towards peaches and creams. No Diva-Baby stuff for me either - my DH's other neices filled the closet for their sister's baby with zebra and leopard prints, lots of glitter and hot pink...bleh.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
March 5th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Super Mommy
We found a pink frilly out fit at babies r us. It's part of Heidi Klums new collection. I'm still gonna look on zulily for something less frilly for when she travels to dallas for the first time where family lives.

Coming home outfit has changed. Found one at macys that we like better. Not as frilly but still cute.

Last edited by Sarah_K; March 24th, 2014 at 03:28 PM.
March 6th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
Update - I posted this in the Babies Big Top thread, but I think this will be the going home outfit (since I bought it in newborn)

It just seemed very January Jones a la Besty Draper in Mad Men to me and I love the 50-60's look, ofcourse my style is slightly more Jean Harrison (Christina Hendricks) but it'll be a few years yet before GingerBean can pull that off

It may still be a little cool here so I'll probably pick up some little socks and maybe a short sleeved shrug for GingerBean to wear over top

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search