Birth plans...

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By angelsailor288
  • 1 Post By MarchMom2007
  • 1 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie
  • 1 Post By newmommysarah

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you started thinking about yours? Will you make one?
February 11th, 2014, 08:41 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just to get through it alive lol. Last labor was hell.
rachelc0 likes this.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

February 11th, 2014, 08:44 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Yup, definitely plan to have one but I haven't written any of it down yet. I am having a home birth with my partner, my soon to be 7 year old son, my midwife and 2 oft good friends who will act as my son's sitter and my doula. I plan to labor on my own for as long as possible before calling anyone and having a pool set up for when I need it. I want lots of quiet and maybe some candles and I really, REALLY don't want anyone "coaching" me. I wanted to throttle the people screaming "PUSH!!!" At me during. DS's birth.

We will be doing oral vitamin k, no eye goop, and lots of immediate skin to skin. Beyond that I haven't made anymore concrete decisions, but I feel like that is pretty good so far.
Missymoos likes this.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 11th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I've got to get started on mine.. I want to work with DF on it but he is always so busy.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

February 11th, 2014, 10:26 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I'll just copy and paste from my birth plan with DD and add some things about DD's role. I had three, actually. My BC plan, an emergency hospital transfer plan (basically just had baby care preferences), and a non-emergency hospital transfer plan.
MarchMom2007 likes this.

February 12th, 2014, 04:51 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Oh, I didn't think of a transfer plan. I will definitely work in that for emergency and non emergency transfers. Thanks for the tip!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 12th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will probably write one, or just explain it in depth to dr and nurses. Unfortunately I have to go to the hospital to give birth... but oh well, Im hoping this hospital will be much better. I want a natural birth. Im ready to put on my boxing gloves if I have to, they are NOT bossing me around to fit into their schedule... If I can avoid medical intervention, I will.
Missymoos likes this.

February 12th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
My plan is no plan really.

Ideally, I want just our midwive, DH and myself with the attending nurse/doctor if necessary. As natural as possibly but I am also realistic - if I labour for a long time and it's really painful, sometimes it's best to get pain relief so you can rest a bit before having to really start working (i.e. pushing), my midwife agrees - so we're flexible on the pain-relief aspect...no other medical intervention if I can avoid it though and nobody better be yelling at me or I'll give them a slap on the side of the head!

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
February 12th, 2014, 12:55 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
No. I don't think I will this time. I had one with DS, but I don't know that we ever used it. Everything is going to be pretty straightforward at the birth center, though. And if it's an emergency transfer situation, well, then as long as they are doing everything they can to save me and baby, I'll be happy

February 12th, 2014, 04:54 PM
amityx7's Avatar Miracle Baby Due 6/8/14
I just want to make this sure this time I am not pressured into inducing. Last time, my OB was like "Oh, you're 2 days overdue? Let's schedule you for you an induction tomorrow morning!", and being 18 at the time and not really educated about anything to do with labor and birth, I thought it would be a great idea, since, you know, I was tired of being pregnant. Not to say that I didn't have a good labor and delivery, because I did, but now that I know the risks of unnecessary induction, I'd prefer to wait until baby decides she's ready to come out. Other than that, I don't really have a "birth plan"... I will be having an epidural and I just hope for a quick & easy (yeah, right!) vaginal delivery.

Gabrielle June 6/13/14

February 14th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not really lol. I had one with both kids and didn't really need one after all.
My dh knows what we want but I just need to check up on hospital policy once we get settled in.

Like in our last hospital they had oral vit k, not shots. And you had to sign consent for that, for the Hep B shot, for circ, and for eye goop. I don't know if this new place will just automatically try to do all that or what, so I need to ask around and see what policy is for everything. I think they are a more natural hospital so I don't think skin-to-skin and rooming in will be an issue.

February 14th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Super Mommy
No one followed it last time, and I was really feeling stuck on a scheduled C path. I'm not even discussing this with my OB until she demands to know my plans (which may not be her plans).

February 14th, 2014, 02:51 PM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 4 angel babies
my plan is to not kill DH while in labor. which i've almost done twice now.

with Kale, i was pushing out a ten pound baby (i found out afterwards) but he didn't give me any words of encouragement. thank god MIL was there to help.

with Keegan, he spent most of my labor playing computer games lol. then when my epi wore off so i could push naturally, i was having contractions and he would push on my stomach. i was like WHAT THE F ARE YOU DOING?! he says checking to see if you're having a contraction. im moaning and panting, YES it's a contraction! thats what THAT machine is for! i almost threw him out the window for that one.
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
09/03/2014 - Chemical Pregnancy
February 14th, 2014, 04:18 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Birth plans are a joke - i was never asked for mine when i was in labour with Noah, It was so fast and furious in the end i just went with the flow. I didnt have a choice and couldnt speak with the pain anyway so when they came at me with the scissors for an episiotomy i literally couldnt speak to say i didnt want one. The pains were so intense at the end and you only get like 10-15 seconds between contractions that last 40-60 seconds at a time, those few seconds in between you have time to lay your head back and try to look around and then it hits you again - there is no time to talk over what your preferences are.

My advice is to go in with an open mind, dont set your heart on a natural labour as the pain may be too much for you to cope with, dont set your heart on an epidural as your labour may move too quickly (like mine) and you wont get one. Dont be afraid if surgery because there is always that chance your labour will go long and a section will be the safest option. Research everything and be prepared for everything. And remember a healthy baby is your goal - doesnt really matter how you get there, there is no trophy for going natural and there is no shame in a section.

Im hoping to be able to stay home as long as possible this time, i would like think im strong enough to go natural again but if i feel the need i will ask for the epi and i fecking better get one this time! If not then i know i can do it with the gas and air - that stuff is magic!
chrysalis1 likes this.

...and baby number 2
February 14th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Veteran
I don't write birth plans. I love my hospital and will stand up for what I want but they didn't pressure me to do anything during my last birth. I just go with the flow
February 14th, 2014, 06:44 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
I am planning a water birth at the free standing birth center here in town. I had my DS at a birth center and wrote up a plan and I got everything I wanted except the water birth! I labored 18 hours and when the midwife said 10cms I wanted him out and didnt want to wait on filling the tub so had him on the bed. And of course to have an intervention free, natural, no medication labor and delivery again with my sweet baby girl. Liams birth was the most amazing day of my life and I cant wait to experience it all over again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search