*weight gain*

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2014, 12:55 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just checking in how all us ladies are doing with our weight gain ... I gained 75-80 lbs with oth my prev pregnancies, and this one ive lost 5!!!!

Im sooo stoked...went for my prenatal apt and im now 21 weeks along and 5 lbs less than my pre preg weight !!!!!!!! I was overweight of course, and still considered overweight at 205 , but im soo happy that I haven't gained an extra pound yet , and have actually lost 5 ...

ive been walking 45 min daily and eating fresh fruits veg , fiber, protein, and a lot of smoothies lol.
I know the walking is going to help if I choose to have a natural birth ( vbac ) this time around during labor and birth. And also improves my vbac chances as nevan was 9lb 10 oz and I gained 75 lbs lol and he was too big to come out by the time I reached 10 cm dialated and resulted in an emerg cection. ... im hoping this lil boy will be smaller... if not , then I will have a scheduled cection... however im wavering on my decision everyday lol... I just wanted to see how you ladies are doing, and share with you my good news.
Missymoos, Mel S and NewMommyErin like this.

February 13th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I am up about 12 lbs so far at 24 weeks (today!), I was at the "high end of average" for my BMI so I hope I don't gain too much more in the third trimester - would like to stay within the 25-30lb total weight gain range...here's hoping!
HailandNevansmom likes this.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
February 13th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have gained 14 pounds at 22 weeks. I'm pretty down about it today. I know my body is doing what it needs to, but watching the scale go up is difficult. I'm really trying to lay off the sweets because other than that I've been eating healthy and working out. I'm depressed.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

February 13th, 2014, 02:15 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I am envious of all of you ladies. I have gained 30 so far, but have been holding steady for a few weeks. I gained a bunch in the beginning and haven't gained in a little while. I gained 80 with DS, so I am doing better this time around, but still more than I had hoped to gain at this point. I am really just hoping I don't gain much more, but if I do, I have lost it before and can lose it again. I feel much better at this point than I did with DS, which is my main marker to compare pregnancies.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 13th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
Gained 7 lbs as of my last appointment... next appointment is Monday so I will see what they say then. I gained about 80lbs with Bodhi, and like 40 with Briggy, so I'm glad that walking and eating better is keeping that under control. I don't mind gaining weight for babies, but that 80lbs gain was pretty crazy for me! I was a stick figure before then.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

February 13th, 2014, 02:39 PM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was so depressed at my last appt, I hadn't gained anything up until then , and then in a matter of 4 or 5 weeks I had gained like 11 pounds... EEEKKK!!!... I nearly died!!... The midwife did say because I have been so swollen in my ankles and everywhere really because its so hot here.. my bp is fine etc... Hoping to have a better weigh in next time..

February 13th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im not sure how much Ive accurately gained because EVERY TIME they weigh me Im holding something or have stuff in my pockets... I was losing weight b4 I got pregnant- working hard at it and was at 215, last time I was weighed they said I was 245! But I was holding two big (one heavy blankets) both kids leap pads, my keys, phone and tablet as well as holding Lukes hand. But realistically I have probably gained 15-20lbs. Im not super concerned because although Im eating pretty well (minus the hot cheetos ) I stopped running and I pack on the pounds when Im not running or calorie counting. Im just hoping at least 10lbs is placenta, uterus, extra blood plus baby... Im hoping to only gain 15lbs of fat, but That should fall off when I get back to my mile or two runs. Sadies gotten a little chubby too lol, so she'll be excited to go on runs again LOL

February 13th, 2014, 05:51 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I'm at 25 weeks and am up 25 pounds. I gained a bunch in my first trimester (no m/s and crazy appetite) and I've gained steadily since then. I don't know if I'll stick with my goal of only 40 pounds but we'll see. I can't help it -- I'm hungry. I fill myself up with as much fruit as I can but my body isn't fooled -- it wants something more than pears!

I have to lose the weight before I go back to school in mid-August -- my classic, tailored wardrobe is the motivation I have to get back into shape. I can't keep buying more clothes!
February 13th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Veteran
I'm down 29 pounds...yup, not a typo lol! I was a bit overweight and thanks to lovely food aversions and morning/all day sickness that still continues at 21 weeks, I've lost a ton of weight! I'm uber happy about it but I'm ready to like good again.

Going to hope that I hate sweets this much post-pregnancy!
February 13th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
My first and third pregnancies, I gained 18 pounds each.

With my second pregnancy, I gained 10.

This time I started gaining at 20 weeks, and I am now up 3 pounds, total. But I was overweight to start. I still have m/s and my cravings are usually stupid, like red peppers and carrots and apples. Of course I'm not going to gain weight eating a ton of apples. (No problems pooping, though.) Actually I have diarrhea all the time because I have IBS and I can't do anything about it now.

I'm hoping at this point (almost 24 weeks) that I don't go over 10. I can't eat big portions (and I usually do) so that helps.
February 13th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm up 7lbs so far at 24 weeks.... not too bad, my goal is to only get to 14lbs total (not that I really have a choice!)
February 13th, 2014, 07:07 PM
amityx7's Avatar Miracle Baby Due 6/8/14
I gained 60 lbs my 1st pregnancy... so I came into this one hoping and praying not to gain as much... and not to gorge myself. At almost 24 weeks, I'm up about 11 or 12 lbs, which I am pretty happy with.

Gabrielle June 6/13/14

February 14th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am 21 weeks today, as of last week (20 weeks) I had gained 20lbs. It doesn't surprise me, with my daughter I gained 17 weeks in my 1st trimester and a total of 40 weeks for the whole pregnancy. I lost it all in the first 5 weeks so I'm not too worried about it. I always have good intentions of eating good and all but when it comes down to it, I'm such a picky eater and even more so when I'm pregnant that I'll eat anything that sounds good so I just have to remember each time I eat something bad that I will have to work twice as hard to get the weight off when baby is here. Hopefully that won't be too hard though since it will be summer, nice weather, fresh fruit and veggies, It's all good! LOL
February 14th, 2014, 05:43 AM
Super Mommy
I am up about 15 pounds right now at 22W 2D...it all appears to be in my tummy and some in my breasts.

I would like to keep my overall weight gain to 35 pounds (up from the initial 25-30 I had said, but more realisitic).

I had maybe 2 weeks of a decent workout routine going - but then I lost my energy again.

I am going to continue to make an effort to ensure I eat well and get some form of activity in each day - but ultimately I just want to enjoy being pregnant.
February 14th, 2014, 02:02 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
everyone is doing awesome !!! =) for the ladies that don't wanna gain a whole lot ( im 205 and dr said the less I gain the better ) , smooothiesSSS... I love the one I made yesterday .. frozen blackberries, banana , yogurt, milk, juice, a tad of sugar. It was sooo good, and filled me up the whle afternoon.

Flax seed keeps you regular and helps with your weight, so I wanna get some ... to add to my yogurt and smoothies.

Also, I walk 50 min daily, sometimes I miss a day or so... and it works WONDERS... also for the labor and birthing. Makes you strong.

Im happy to hear everyones doing good. =)
MarchMom2007 likes this.

February 14th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've gained about 20 pounds at 23 weeks. I'm bleh about it, but I know it's my last pregnancy and I will get back to the gym afterward.
February 14th, 2014, 05:39 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
Im at an 8-10lb weight gain at 23w2d. I was up 20+lbs with my DS's pregnancy so im feeling good!
February 15th, 2014, 11:56 AM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
I'm up about 6 lbs at 24 weeks!

I'm happy to finally be on track with gaining because I lost loads of weight in the first trimester and I was scared that if that kept up I would be frail in the delivery room lol.
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]
February 18th, 2014, 07:31 PM
jen*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first two pregnancies, I gained the exact same by my delivery days - 43 lbs.

This time I'm up about 9 so far which is a lot lower than I was at 22 weeks with the other boys. I also had gained some muscle weight last summer, so I lost weight right away when I hit about 6 weeks, felt terrible all the time, and stopped working out.

The irony is that my first pregnancy I went to the gym a ton and continued exercising all the way until the end (and Jack was born 10 days after his due date), then with Archie I worked out semi-regularly. This time I have barely done a thing It's been such a frigid, snowy, rough winter that I can't do anything outside and with two small kids and no family to really help out, we don't have a gym membership anymore. I was going to a bootcamp class but it's way too intense to do while pregnant. I just couldn't modify the movements enough to keep my heart-rate/breathing from going crazy.

I hope that when spring eventually comes I can do some walking and get exercise in because I definitely will be running again and returning to bootcamp once I get clearance from my dr next summer.
February 19th, 2014, 05:58 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I've made up for my first trimester weight loss and then some. I'm up around 14 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. It's a few lbs more than my ideal but I'm just happy I can eat a varied diet again and I know there's only so much more time left. I gained the most between 20-26 weeks last time, too. I suspect it'll taper off and I'll end up gaining around what I did with DD (30). I'll drop 20 if that on Sprog's birthday and then he/she will suck the rest right outta me .
jen* likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search