Let's get rollin'!

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Super Mommy
In effort to get us back up to the top lets hear what you have already got for baby and what is your next must have!!

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

February 17th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
I have bought.......dah dah dah.......absolutely nothing.
I'm such a procrastinator. But I know my MIL has been going to garage sales every weekend and is on the lookout. I think that counts LOL.
Spottts likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
February 17th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
Gosh - lol, what haven't I got for baby now! You'll see that I have sort of taken over the Baby's Big Top thread, lol (sorry!) but I am definately on a role now!

We have:

- Nursery set (DH & I put together the crib yesterday!!!) including dresser/change table, crib, book shelf & toddler bed (separate from the crib)

- nursery bedding set based off of DH's circus blanket (which we are using as a wall-hanging as opposed to a blanket due to it's delicate condition)

- high chair

- Stroller & co-ordinating infant car seat

- Diaper bag

- co-sleeper

- video monitoring set

- bath tub set (3 sizes)

Plus one of our best friends is giving us a jumper, vibrating infant chair thingie, nursing pillow, a couple activity mats, the Baby Bullet, a ton of clothing - her daughter turns three and was born in mid-may, so the seasons/sizes match what GingerBean will be.

The only big-ticket item left on my registry is the crib mattress...as well as the breast-feeding items (which I hope my one aunt will give me a gift card for) - everything else is just surplus that we will be so grateful to have but we can survive without...at least to start
Mel S likes this.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)

Last edited by Missymoos; February 17th, 2014 at 09:43 AM. Reason: typo
February 17th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Super Mommy
Yes! That counts! Lol

I haven't bought anything big yet. I was waiting for my gender scan. Since that was a fail I am in kind of limbo!

I have bought a lot of clothes. Some gender neutral but a lot real cheap so if June Bug comes out the opposite gender I can recoup all of my money. Penny's has a good clearance sale on right now and I got a 2-pack is swaddle me's for $4.97. Plus a 3-piece outfit for the same price. Nothing big yet car were going to go shopping after we found out the gender so we will have to wait.

I do have a nappy caddy and a wipe warmer. Scored that for $3 used. Brand new it is $21 at Target. Also a Carseat canopy for this summer on clearance.

DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010

Last edited by Johnsgirlsx3; February 17th, 2014 at 09:53 AM.
February 17th, 2014, 09:58 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Purchased a blanket and a set of onesies.......and a house to put them in!

Otherwise, nada. We already have the PNP, the RNP, changing pad, and baby play gym. I'm in the process of finding where our old swing is, so we won't have to buy that. Still have to get the furniture, bedding, and clothes.
AtomicMama, Missymoos and Mel S like this.
February 17th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
Some clothes, prefolds, two covers, a Snappi, and a pail liner.

Our next big purchase needs to be more diapers, and a mini crib.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

February 17th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been going a little crazy:

We've Bought:
Nursery Furniture
Ordered Bedding
Glider for nursery
Bouncy Seat
Clothes (I can't stop myself)
Blankets
Burp Clothes
Stuff to hang on walls in nursery

Still Need to Buy:
Lamp for nursery
Wooden letter's of baby boy's name for nursery

Everything else we've registered for. What we don't get, we will buy (well, the necessities).
Mel S likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

February 17th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Super Mommy
We have a decent wardrobe started for the little man, a bouncer, some books, some pacifiers, an interactive toy, his crib bedding set, some receiving blankets and a teddy bear.

We have already painted the room and are buying a glider/ottoman, 4-in-1 crib and dresser/changing table combo from Amazon sometime this week.

We registered this weekend, so now I have a better idea of what else baby will need.

Next on our list is a mattress and I am going to look into a breast pump/storage containers (I feel weird putting that on my registry) - the rest of the stuff I will grab if I see on a great deal, but will likely wait until after a shower is thrown for us to buy. We have been very spoiled in that every time I turn around family has bought him something else...and so far, all cute.
Missymoos likes this.
February 17th, 2014, 12:53 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
I purchased some clothes yesterday but that's all that *I* have bought.

The grandmas and grandpas on the other hand:

Bath tub, baby monitor, clothes, nursery nemo decorations, nemo baby toys, chicago bears diaper bag, etc

My MIL has bought for her house:

Cradle, Rocking horse, Play set with slide, tool toy set, and who knows what else.

I kind of don't want to buy too much before the baby shower.
Mel S likes this.

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
February 17th, 2014, 02:06 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Specifically for this baby we have gotten a stroller, car seat, and newborn rocker. We have some big ticket items left over from DS (crib, co-sleeper, pack 'n play) and while I feel we are pretty good with what we have, I would not mind getting a swing (got rid of ours for various reasons) and possibly a high chair. With warmer weather on the way I'm thinking I have a good chance with finding both at yard sales soon enough.

There are a few smaller items I would like (bath hammock for example) and will be getting them as budget allows.

I already excitedly dug through the clothes from DS's first year pulled out what I would use again but he was a fall/winter baby a lot of his tiny stuff is totally not suitable for a summer baby. So I've been shopping. Mostly second hand but I have gotten a few new things. *ahem*

I've also been sewing.
Mel S likes this.

February 17th, 2014, 02:19 PM
amityx7's Avatar Miracle Baby Due 6/8/14
I have some clothes and a baby bathtub. That's it. Guess I better get on it soon!
Mel S likes this.

Gabrielle June 6/13/14

February 17th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Super Mommy
So for you that are buying baby bottles and pacifiers which ones will you buy? I am leaning towards Dr. Browns chubby bottles. Or do you think the new advent would work?

DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010

February 17th, 2014, 03:55 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsgirlsx3 View Post
So for you that are buying baby bottles and pacifiers which ones will you buy? I am leaning towards Dr. Browns chubby bottles. Or do you think the new advent would work?
I've decided towards the Playtex Drop-ins. Especially because I'll need to be storing breast milk the drop-ins are supposed to be very convenient for that. They are also supposed to help with the baby having less gas. I saw the Dr. Browns and Advent bottles both on the list I was looking at though for the top 10 baby bottles.

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
February 17th, 2014, 05:00 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm all set!! I just want a woven wrap. Girasol is coming out with a new diamond weave on weds and I might try to snag that.
Mel S likes this.

February 17th, 2014, 05:46 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
We have more than I had expected to at this point but still need a few things. We have a really nice stroller that I got for a steal locally, all of the newborn and most of the next size up cloth diapers and covers, a good start on clothing, a co-sleeper with two sheets, and a few toys.

We still need a car seat, extra base, glider rocker, new mattress for the co-sleeper, a few accessories for the stroller, and a fewer clothes. Other than that, we are nearly there!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 17th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersMommy View Post
I'm all set!! I just want a woven wrap. Girasol is coming out with a new diamond weave on weds and I might try to snag that.
What is that?

DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010

February 17th, 2014, 09:06 PM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had alot from our last 2 littlest boys... But I have bought some things that I didn't necessarily NEED but wanted... as in girl sheets and stuff for her crib... rather than yellow and green etc... This child wont be in gender neutral stuff.. I have waited to hit the pink section and yes I am going nuts... hehe...

She will have a blue car seat.. which we have used for both our littlest boys but that is mainly because I haven't found a pink girly one.. hehe....

I have bought HEAPs of clothes for her already... All we really need to get now is a lounge suite... We moved into our new house about 4 months ago and have a pretty uncomfortable lounge due to being desperate when we moved.. which was always only temporary, then I found out I was pregnant.. and I tend to struggle a bit with supply and breastfeeding, so I am determined to give it my ultimate attempt at breastfeeding for quite some time.. I managed to bf my eldest until he was 13 months but with my others, my supply tends to have issues and weight gain is a problem... So coupled with me taking a solid 12 months off work and , back to the lounge, having a comfortable place to feed and be able to spend a lot of time trying to feed and demand feed when she wants... Fingers crossed!!!

But thats about all we need I think... sorry rambled a bit.. hehe

Funnily enough her crib is already set up in our bedroom!!!..
Mel S likes this.

February 17th, 2014, 09:15 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
We bought all gender neutral gear when we had Liam,(Swing, Bouncer, and the nursery furniture/organizer). So really the only things left to buy are a sleep and play to keep Mila up from her brother and the cats, a double stroller, clothing, some bathing supplies, and the rest of her cloth diaper stash.
Mel S likes this.
February 18th, 2014, 11:31 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I have bought about nothing. I have some clothes from a co-op sitting in boxes waiting to be sorted (shh....). I have a carrier coming in from a co-op too. And I did snag a couple pre loved diapers.

I need:
1. 12 more newborn diapers.
2. Eventaully, I need a few more OS diapers, but that can wait if it has to.
3. A carseat.
4. Some bottles.
5. A pump (which I am buying off a friend)

That's all I can think of. Maybe some clothes. A play mat wouldn't be a terrible idea, but I may be able to borrow SILs, since her daughter just started crawling. We have 2 cribs. We have a swing and a bouncy seat. I'm borrowing a Moby. Unless I'm missing something, I think we are pretty set. Clothes. I have some from DS, some from DSD. I may grab some more at a consignment sale.
Mel S likes this.

February 18th, 2014, 11:49 AM
alliebeecher's Avatar Veteran
Ahh... sigh.. I really don't have much of anything though a fair amount has been promised to me.

I have probably all the newborn size outfits William will need, and a decent selection of 3 mo. outfits. That's what I've bought so far. Then my family gave me some more clothes and a few blankets and bibs.

My parents will be buying the crib soon, and my friend is giving me her 2 yo daughter's old swing, jumperoo, tummy time mat, and whatever gender-neutral clothes I want. My sister is giving me a toddler size jogging stroller as well.

I still need a lot of stuff, yikes :/
Mel S likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search