My Bladder

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if this is normal pregnancy peeing or if I have a UTI. I seriously pee at least once an hour. I have to go so bad, but sometimes for how bad I have to go, I feel like not much comes out. Sorry for the . Anyone else feel like the live in the bathroom?

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

February 18th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
That is actually how my UTI started - for a couple/few days I felt like I had to pee like a race horse, even after I just peed...and when I did pee, not very much came out. I thought maybe it was just pregnancy and normal, but after 2-3 days it started to hurt a little *down there*, I immediately went on the offensive and drank about 4-6 cups of cranberry cocktail a day for 2 days straight and managed to kick it without having to go to the doctor.

So maybe you should start guzzling cranberry juice - or take the cranberry pills *and* lots of water if you can't stomach the juice/cocktail - and see if that makes a difference?

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
February 18th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missymoos View Post
That is actually how my UTI started - for a couple/few days I felt like I had to pee like a race horse, even after I just peed...and when I did pee, not very much came out. I thought maybe it was just pregnancy and normal, but after 2-3 days it started to hurt a little *down there*, I immediately went on the offensive and drank about 4-6 cups of cranberry cocktail a day for 2 days straight and managed to kick it without having to go to the doctor.

So maybe you should start guzzling cranberry juice - or take the cranberry pills *and* lots of water if you can't stomach the juice/cocktail - and see if that makes a difference?
This is good to know. I will grab the pills today. They are safe to take when pregnant, right?

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

February 18th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Yuppers! They are just pure concentrated cranberry extract - take with lots of water to help flush out the plumbing and any annoying germies that are hiding out there.

Asparagus is supposed to be really good for the urinary tract as well...and avoid pops and other super sugary stuff while you're on the cranberry binge - sugars feed the bacteria

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
February 18th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Super Mommy
I feel like that but I also can feel a shift in my uterus. It feels bigger, no room food and the minute I stand up I feel pressure on my bladder. I figured I'd keep an eye on it because I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday. If it gets worse, I'll call up the OB.

February 19th, 2014, 07:01 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I go through periods, I think pending on where Jack is sitting, that I will feel like I need to pee so bad and barely nothing comes out. So I'll guzzle water and have regular peeing again.

Cranberry pills are definitely good for the start of a UTI. If your pee is cloudy or you have pain when peeing, call your dr because the cranberry only helps in the beginning. Once a UTI is full force you need antibiotics.

February 19th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Because I sit at a desk at work - I do feel GingerBean "settle" onto my bladder when I get up after sitting for more than a few minutes, lol. But it's a very different "have to go" feeling than when I had what appeared to be the beginnings of the UTI. My UTI earlier in the 2nd Tri. had just started to feel uncomfortable with a slightly burning sensation even when not peeing (but a little more so when peeing) after 2-3 days of the urgent need to pee sensation with little to no pee coming out when I went.

Making yourself pee A LOT, esp. with cranberry juice can flush out the bacteria if it hasn't set up shop too deeply yet.

Now I drink cranberry juice fairly regularly, just to help prevent another one

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search