Baby Shower mamas: What are you wearing?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
So it's been made official that DF's aunt is throwing us a shower, and now his paternal family has announced that they will throw us a shower as well. They don't want to attend each other's showers because they hate each other, whatever. Just supply the food and I'll be there!

I need to figure out what to wear! I have some decent dresses that could pass as maternity wear, but I would kind of like to treat myself to a nice new one.

What are you guys going to wear? A special dress, shirt and jeans, nothing at all?

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

February 20th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Super Mommy
I'm hoping to avoid any showers... However, most people really want to see the bump. I would just find something that really flatters you and that you feel comfortable in for long periods of time.

February 20th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Super Mommy
It depends on when a Shower is thrown for me - likely a cute summery dress...(I am hopeful winter will end soon).

We shall see.
February 20th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I am sooo torn about what to do...I have a number of cutesy outfits that I could wear, and despite the shower being in a rec centre, the room is being done up really cute by my friend so a cute new outfit would definately work...

...but, alas, money is tight and even though I tried on some maternity jeans at Thyme Maternity today (btw - they ARE expensive...but they fit and feel SO MUCH BETTER than some of the other brands I've tried - i.e. H&M, etc.), I am not sure I can justify spending ANY money on clothes I'm only going to wear for a few months now, esp. since there is no guarantee that I'll a) get pregnant again, or b) get pregnant around the same time again.

Ideally, I'd love a spring-inspired outfit - either some really cute maternity capris in white or a light khaki with a peach or green top, or a really cute dress that is comfy but still accents the bump...throw in some cute wedges with my toes done and new accessories (and my hair done of course) and le voila - pregnancy prettiness!

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
February 20th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My first shower is towards the end of March. Since I don't think winter is ever going to end, I bought a cute dress from Pea in the Pod that I can wear with tights. It shows off the belly and is three-quarter length sleeves. If the stars align and it's actually warm (I'm not holding my breath), I'll go without tights, which would be way more comfortable.

Our second shower is a much more low-key couples shower. I'll probably just do jeans and a cute top for that one.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

February 20th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My shower date is the day before Easter. I'll most likely wear whatever is comfortable at the time. Each of my other children I picked something that was cute nice and comfortable.

February 20th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
btw - I apologize for the ridiculous over-use of the word "cute" and all it's variations in my message above, bleh!

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
February 20th, 2014, 02:39 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I still am not sure if anyone is throwing me a shower, but if anyone does, I have a really cute top that I found at Target and I can pair it either with leggings or my maternity jeans if they still fit by then.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 20th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Veteran
I had to get a dress for court. (No I didn't commit a crime) I'll be wearing it for my two showers just to get some wear it of it. I work from home so most of my clothes lately are thirst and sweats.
February 20th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Super Mommy
I depends in when the shower is I will by something closer to the date but dressy.

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

February 21st, 2014, 07:00 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
We're thinking of having our shower in late april and making it a backyard cookout style. We have a fire pit back there too, so having it in the evening will be nice.

I'll probably do a spring dress and a cardigan. I received a bunch of maternity clothes from a few different people, but I may save a little here and there and get a new dress for the occasion, non motherhood maternity style :/

February 21st, 2014, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I doubt I will be having a shower since this baby is a girl and I have a daughter now who will only be 3 next month. Maybe just a "diaper party" get together. If I do, I'll just wear some leggings and a cute top with some cute boots. UNLESS it's in warm weather, then I'll have to buy something (i'll have to buy some warm weather clothes anyways since i have NONE, my pregnancy with my 1st daughter was over the winter).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search