Crafty mommies, what are you making for baby this week?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By Social Halfwit
  • 3 Post By Wish44
  • 2 Post By Britt3
  • 2 Post By Mel S
  • 1 Post By Missymoos
  • 3 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 2 Post By angelsailor288

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2014, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I for one dispise crafting. I will do it for the kids, but honestly its sooo much work, and everything I accomplish kind of... sucks to put it nicely! LOL. I love waht other people make though, hahaaha!!!!

March 3rd, 2014, 09:21 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
Spray paint should be arriving this week.. tomorrow or Wednesday, so I can paint up Ellie's bins for her clothes and diapers. We also decided to keep the black crib DF's friend gave us, so we need to paint the actual storage thing black to match it.

I want to sew some more for her, but I also want to make some shirts for the boys so either way, something will be sewn. I'm in the process of pestering DF for a twin needle and more thread, which will make sewing 500 times more fun.
moxiemommie and Mel S like this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 3rd, 2014, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I'm not too crafty, but the custom baby bedding we ordered should be here this week! I can't wait to see it! The nursery is coming together.
moxiemommie, Missymoos and Mel S like this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

March 3rd, 2014, 09:53 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I just finished our diaper bag yesterday - and this week I'm working on some patchwork/quilts for my LO and one for my son. Other than that I have a few things to paint for the room- but really I have to focus on packing and moving this month!!
moxiemommie and Mel S like this.

March 3rd, 2014, 11:10 AM
Super Mommy
I am going to start looking for some inspiration for the little dude's name art that I want to make for over his crib.

I am pretty crafty when I get an idea in my mind, but there isn't too much right now that I can think needs to be made. As we continue to receive more stuff for this little dude I am sure crafty storage ideas will come to me.
moxiemommie and Missymoos like this.
March 3rd, 2014, 02:44 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt3 View Post
I just finished our diaper bag yesterday - and this week I'm working on some patchwork/quilts for my LO and one for my son. Other than that I have a few things to paint for the room- but really I have to focus on packing and moving this month!!
I saw both the diaper bag AND the beginnings of the quilt on your Facebook - freakin' adorable both!

I need a sewing machine in a bad way...as it is though, I am determined to sew the puffy window valance for GingerBean's room this week, no ifs, ands or buts! I also sanded a bit more of the rocking chair over the weekend, it's not as difficult as I thought it would be but my back only lets me sit on the floor sanding for so long so I have to try and do smaller bits at a time...once done I'll decide whether I want to stain, or paint it
Britt3 likes this.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
March 3rd, 2014, 06:34 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I just finished up Sprog's coming home outfit! I used bamboo yarn to keep it nice and soft and cool. I did booties and a hat, too. I'm working on a little octopus lovey to match

Britt3, bluewren and Spottts like this.

March 4th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Super Mommy
I have made two onsies so far and will be making some infant gowns and hats to match. I will make more as soon as I know ford urge what June Bug is!!

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

March 4th, 2014, 08:14 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I planned on starting to cut the squares for the quilts I plan on making (one for baby girl and one for DS) but DS and I have been plague ridden since Friday so I've spent my spare time on the couch feeling miserable and ordering more fabric for Penelope's quilt. haha!I'm thinking at this point I'll have enough "scraps" that I'll be able to make a smaller lovey/stroller sized quilt as well.

March 4th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh I forgot - I also made tie-dye onesies for LO, and some underwear for my son. lol

March 4th, 2014, 05:10 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did a collage with his ultrasound pics on scrapbook paper and framed it

bluewren and MrsPalumbo like this.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search