Feeling more prepared...

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By MarchMom2007
  • 1 Post By MrsPalumbo
  • 1 Post By Wish44
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie
  • 1 Post By Missymoos
  • 1 Post By njkatc
  • 1 Post By MarchMom2007
  • 1 Post By Mel S

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Super Mommy
My computer at work is not working well - I can see the headings of posts, but cannot read the content...so if I don't reply to messages as often, that is why. I am hopeful they will fix whatever is wrong soon!

My DH and I went to our Hospital Prenatal Orientation session tonight - it was an hour long and went over what to expect from the moment you think you may be in labour until you are released from the hospital with your baby - it was super informative. I had been feeling overwhelmed with how much there is to learn in preparation for this little guy and what his routine may be like once he is born, but they put many of my fears to rest - the amount that they are there to help and how much they will teach you when baby arrives makes me feel a bit more prepared.

I am excited for June...yet nervous!

Have you taken any classes that you have found helpful/do you plan on taking any? After the info session tonight I think we are going to do some more research into birthing techniques and such and do an online prenatal course, but not pay for any courses.
March 7th, 2014, 04:38 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
No classes yet, but I really want to sign up for a hypnotize thing class ASAP. There is a Baby Expo tomorrow in our town that I am super excited to go to in order to find more classes and services that I want before baby comes, so hoping that helps. So happy that your class was great!

Edit: make that a hypnobirthing class. Oh my, autocorrect. Lol!
Mel S likes this.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.

Last edited by MarchMom2007; March 7th, 2014 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Autocorrect typo.
March 7th, 2014, 07:09 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
Lurking but it's not just your office computer! It's with Internet Explorer problem. A few of us have had to switch over to Fire Fox or Chrome to be able to see JM normally!
Mel S likes this.

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
March 7th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! So glad you are feeling more prepared for your little man. We start an 8 week course in 2 weeks at the hospital. It covers baby care, breastfeeding, a hospital tour, and labor. I actually didn't really want to do the whole 8 week course, but DH shocked me when he was pretty insistent on it. I love that he is so excited about baby!
Mel S likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

March 7th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad you had a good class and Im glad you feel more prepared! It can be extremely overwhelming with your first... I remember I was so nervous about getting the baby dressed and really careful when I changed his diaper, he was sooooo tiny I felt like I was going to break him, so it literally took me about 20- 30minutes just to change his diaper and clothes LOL When I was alone with him, I was just nervous about leaving him in his bassinet to sleep by himself while I took a shower... but after about 6-8 weeks running on a severe lack of sleep and only getting like 2 showers a week, I finally just put him down to sleep (he was already asleep lol) and took a shower. Best 10 minute shower ever hahaha!!! I never took pareting classes, but the only real thing that threw me off was nursing (which I was not able to do with my first, but did with my second- although we had issues) and then also how long the healing process took with my first, because I did tear a little- it sounds worse than it is, although it does sting. those were the things I was definitely unprepared for. This time Im attending the la leche league meetings and will see if my insurance will cover meeting with a lactation consultant every week/few days if we need it. I actually havea much better idea of what. Like if baby latches improperly detach and reattach baby right away, even if he looks very comfy and like hes getting milk. (I didnt know this with my second even though I talked ot sooo many lactation consultants... they nevermentioned that, he ended up just wrecking my boobs ) But I am very determined to do better with Zack! If I can do it for 6-8 months I will be proud! LOL
Mel S likes this.

March 7th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
DH and I are not really "class" people per se...we thought about doing some private classes with one of the Hypnobirthing coaches recommended by my MW centre, but I ended up just buying the book, lol.

My biggest concern will be making sure I can breastfeed as comfortably as possible - these girls are so ridiculous right now I better be able to get some proper use out of them, lol. Worse case senario though I would upgrade from a manual pump to an electric pump and we would bottle feed the breast milk.

Since I am going back to work in January, I do want to get in the habbit of pumping so we can continue to breastfeed GingerBean a little longer

My MW service also provides 6 home visits after birth so I can get breastfeeding help from her if necessary. Plus my insurance will cover more coaching if I end up needing it, which is reassuring.
Mel S likes this.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
March 7th, 2014, 10:50 AM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
I plan to take the 1 hour lamaze refresher....just have to schedule it. I'm more worried about all the other things I need to get done before he arrives, like juggling bedrooms and getting the crib back out of the attic and set up and just doing a ton of organizing that I've been putting off!
Mel S likes this.

March 8th, 2014, 02:46 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Ok so after thinking about this thread all day yesterday, I finally signed up for the rest of our classes. I signed DS up for a "Soon To Be Siblings" class and SO and I for "Newborn Care" and "Comfort Measures in Labor" classes. I am still waiting to hear back about whether we got into our hypnobirthing class and after that I think we will be set! It is all feeling so very real.
Mel S likes this.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
March 10th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Super Mommy
Oh, it is really becoming more and more real.

After the orientation my DH and I both left feeling like - wow, this is really happening, and we are quite excited about the whole process.

My fear at this point is not knowing when it is time to go to the hospital, I don't want to go in too early or wait too long - alas, they were very supportive at the orientation telling us not to worry about going in too early and to call if we have any questions or concerns if we should be heading their way. We will see how it goes in June.
Missymoos likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search