Compulsions?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone been feeling compulsive or like they are starting to "nest?"

I have been on a hormonal roller coaster. The other day I literally felt like I was going to have a break down because the house was messy. (Realistically yes it is messy, but its not horrible, although it is harder for me to clean, I can barely put on my shoes much less pick up toys and scrub baseboards) So Im trying hard to keep things nice. But NOW I just HAVE to start planning our wedding ceremony (Which is two YEARS away...) Im looking at vendors, I already figured out the wedding favors, Im trying to figure out how big the centerpeices should be and where to get them and where to get the fake flowers going in the centerpeices (centerpeices are going to be fake flowers since there will be turtles swimming in the bowl. I dont want them eating real plant stems, besides it is cheaper) Anyways Im just chalking this all up to raging hormones. I know, this makes no sense. It is good that Im planning now since I wont be able to plan as much until next year once the baby is here... Its almost funny though, because I am not worried about the babys room at all, even though there is still quite a few things to get and bring up. Brian started replacing lights, and painting the room, but has locked me out until its done. He is decorating and painting completely on his own as a surprise! Its very sweet! We still have to get a new SUV... But no my priorities are a wedding that is two years away- totally insane lol.
Mel S likes this.

March 13th, 2014, 09:04 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to get some furniture sliders this weekend so DH can more easily move the dressers around upstairs on his own. We are not doing an official nursery but we have already put an extra dresser into our bedroom for baby girl and I wished everything was a bit more "arranged" so it looks like the dresser is part of our room rather than just being squeezed in.I also have a never ending list of projects that I'd really love to be completed (organizing, sewing, gardening) before baby but being realistic I'm sure only 25-50% of it will get done. Especially since I'm rapidly approaching the uncomfortably pregnant stage and just getting housework done often kicks my butt.

March 13th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I wish I was feeling the compusion to start nesting...my house is a disaster! But everytime I have a day where I *could* do a lot of cleaning, I run out of steam about 15 minutes in and just want to nap instead!

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
March 13th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missymoos View Post
I wish I was feeling the compusion to start nesting...my house is a disaster! But everytime I have a day where I *could* do a lot of cleaning, I run out of steam about 15 minutes in and just want to nap instead!
I am in the same boat! I look around my house and think of things that should be getting done/that I would like to get done but have such limited energy.

I need to make a list and try to get one task completed in full each weekend I think...perhaps this weekend I will attempt to properly clean out our walk-in closet. One of my friends who had a baby last June gave me a TON of maternity clothes last weekend - which is amazing - but now the closet is a complete mess - btwn summer clothes, winter clothes, maternity and regular clothes...I simply need some organization in there.
March 13th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Super Mommy
Nope... not even a little bit. I think I feel like I can't plan for anything because I just don't know what to plan for exactly.

March 13th, 2014, 11:35 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I actually have time next week to get some nesting done! I'm holding off on setting up stuff like the crib and installing the car seat until closer to 34 weeks. I need a few weeks wiggle room between the time these things get done and a time when I could realistically be bringing a baby home. Otherwise I'll find out that my car seat doesn't fit as I'm heading out the door to the birth center.

March 13th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I need to finish painting the storage bins but it hasn't really been nice enough to do it. It's 54 degrees so far today... so maybe I'll try to finish today. Blehhh. My brother is supposed to be delivering us his old couch, a couple dressers, and the bins of baby clothes I had in his basement... I don't want to pester him about it because he's super busy and they are in the process of buying land and building a house, but darnit I want that sectional and those dressers!! Our room constantly looks like a clothing bomb went off because we don't have a dresser and I need to rearrange the bed so we can be all ready for little miss to cosleep with us.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 15th, 2014, 06:46 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Now that the move is over and we're basically settled into the house, I can start working on baby things. I had a moment of panic last night when I realized that Baby Boy is coming in 9 and a half WEEKS and like so many of you, my energy is just gone so I'm already into panic mode about how we're going to finish everything without me going crazy. I'm just trying to do a little bit at a time -- today, I went into the nursery (yay -- I finally have a room for this kiddo!) and went through some of Betsy's old baby gear to see what we could use and what was too feminine and needed to be sold/donated. This third trimester is going to FLY!
March 16th, 2014, 12:46 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are hoping to move house mid April so we are meant to be saving for that - i have a big long list of things i still need to buy for the baby and its killing me having to wait a few more weeks before i can get them. I know a few weeks wont make any difference and it makes more sense to buy them once we are in the new house rather than pack them up and bring them with. I know all our savings need to go towards this move and then we can focus on the baby but i feel like i literally have to sit on my hands to stop me shopping for the little bubble. Today i went into tesco to get baby wipes for my son and ended up buying a bag full of baby clothes that was on sale - most not even neutral - i got tops, leggings a dress and shorts - we dont even know the gender yet! It's a compulsion - i cant stop!

...and baby number 2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search