Scheduled Cesarean... I see I'm not alone!

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By TeamMom2008
  • 1 Post By PoppetsMom
  • 1 Post By dee.76
  • 1 Post By Popper

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2014, 11:38 AM
PoppetsMom's Avatar Veteran
I saw on another post there are a few other Mommies that are having a scheduled c/s. Have any of you set the date yet? My OB hasn't set a date yet, and I'm wondering if I should bring it up again at Friday's appointment. I know some of us are due right around the first and the weekend before is Memorial Day weekend... Is your doctor thinking about going before or after the holiday?

I'll be having my remaining tube tied after I have Poppet and I'm starting to get excited and nervous at the prospect. I'm starting over again and just suddenly feel overwhelmed with everything that still needs to be done to prepare for her. I feel like I constantly worry about how I'm going to recover after having the tubal done. Is the recovery going to be the same as when I had my last c/s or will it be more like when I had my right tube removed?

I feel like I'm just bouncing all over the place. I'm excited about the baby, worried about my recovery as an "older" Mom. I can't wait to meet my little girl, and I'm worried about how my 14 1/2 year old will respond to her. I can't be the only one that feels like this!
March 24th, 2014, 12:52 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The office/hospital I go to does the scheduling at your 30 week appointment. I did discuss at my last appointment what days they do it (Mon-Fri) and what week (starting at 39 weeks) so I have a pretty good idea of what range I'm looking at.

I also asked about specific day during the date range but I trying not to get my hopes up even though the midwife seemed optimistic that I'll have no problem scheduling for that day.

March 24th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Okay, Friday is my 30 Week Appointment.. I'll bring it up. My OB's office usually schedules them on Mondays and Wednesdays... With it being so close to Memorial Day I'm not sure if we're going to go before or after the holiday.Thanks!
March 24th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Super Mommy
My situation has changed. The pediatric cardiologist and my new OB are in agreement that the best thing for me and the baby is a VBAC with the understanding that anything can happen and ANY signs of distress on either of us and the OB won't hesitate to do another csection. His plan is to schedule an induction when my body shows signs of being ready. He wants the cardiac team in place so they are going to let me go long enough to chance anything.
bluewren and Missymoos like this.

March 24th, 2014, 07:24 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
We scheduled mine at around 27 weeks -- I wanted to make sure I got a "reservation" in the new hospital as opposed to the older one (I've heard the new hospital's maternity ward is like a hotel -- we'll see!). Mine is for 5/21 and I'll be having a tubal ligation as well.
March 25th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have mine scheduled yet because my OB doesn't have his hospital schedule made out that far. I plan on asking again at one of my next two appts. But I have some time since I'm not technically due until July 3rd. I will also be having my tubes tied I think.

March 25th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm having a scheduled c-section as well. It will hopefully be on June 20th, I'm very nervous about it! I have so many questions. With my daughter I had 4th degree tears and didn't heal right, I had to have reconstructive surgery 5 months later. This time around I am happy to be getting a c-section but at the same time, it is surgery and I'm very afraid of the recovery time and what to expect!!!
March 25th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortln View Post
I'm having a scheduled c-section as well. It will hopefully be on June 20th, I'm very nervous about it! I have so many questions. With my daughter I had 4th degree tears and didn't heal right, I had to have reconstructive surgery 5 months later. This time around I am happy to be getting a c-section but at the same time, it is surgery and I'm very afraid of the recovery time and what to expect!!!

I had a cesarean with my son 14 1/2 years ago.. and it IS intimidating.. My memory isn't quite so clear, but I've had the blessing of having people remember for me, so I've been asking questions, and probably annoying the crap out of people that were there. LOL What most people remember was that I pushed myself to recover far faster than my body could. After being discharged from the hospital, and practically living in my living room, kitchen and dining room turned nursery, for two weeks I was able to handle going up stairs and getting back to a more normal activity level. By four weeks I was a stair master, and at six weeks postpartum you'd never have known I had a c/s.

I also look back and when I had to go in to have a ruptured ectopic repaired. It didn't go according to plan. Usually they try to repair a rupture laproscopically. Unfortunately, that wasn't possible for me and they had to go in through my cesarean scar. When they opened me up they found a soft ball sized mass that had encompassed my right tube and ovary. They had to remove them. We later were very thankful to find that the mass was not cancerous. That recovery was awful on so many levels I don't care to count, however most of it was emotional rather than physical. My Mom made a comment about it that has stuck with me though... She said, "You basically had another cesarean. You're recovery is so rough because unlike when you had Tyler, you don't have a baby that you need to care for. You don't have the distraction from the discomfort you had when you had Tyler."

This will be the third time I'll be getting opened up, I'll be having a baby, and I'll be having a tubal ligation done on my remaining tube. I'm also 37 years old, not 23. I'm nervous about my recovery this time around. That said, feel free to ask me any questions. I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability from my own experiences!
cortln likes this.
March 27th, 2014, 04:25 AM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We havent got our c-section scheduled as yet, but we will have a date very soon.. It will be around the end of may, probably around the 25th-ish?... I am thinking... I don't think they will leave me too close to term, as this is my 5th c-section and I live 30-40 mins to the nearest hospital, and they are a little freaked out that I might go into labour.. Although I did tell them not to worry as my uterus must be awfully comfortable as my babies never want to exit the building... hehe
PoppetsMom likes this.

March 28th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Mine is scheduled on my edd, I am so so excited I actually get to see my edd while still pg! Well... that is if baby cooperates lol. This will be my 7th c-section, we usually talk about section dates pretty early on with my ob.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
March 28th, 2014, 08:01 PM
I'm scheduled for 5/30. It's been scheduled for a long time now! I'm also staring to get intimated with everything I have left to do. Room has been painted, I've got a lot of stuff to decorate the walls & we are going to get the rest of the furniture next weekend. I got through all the leftover baby stuff in my basement today, so some progress is being made!These last 9 weeks are just going to fly.
PoppetsMom likes this.
March 28th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Talked with the OB today. Discussed my tubal and what to expect. They aren't going to medicate me further to tie off my remaining tube, so a fear checked off my list! Also, going to go with a gentle cesarean, so I'll be able to have skin to skin while still in the OR provided there aren't any issues that pop up! Sent in the paperwork for my date, just waiting for a confirmation phone call.. If I get my set date it'll be May 28. Three days before my actual EDD, if Poppet decides to wait that long.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search