Nesting???

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Wish44

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Is anyone nesting yet or not? Mine comes in waves. I Nested twice this month and just cleaned out everyting I still have a ton more to do, but Ive felt better the passed few days (like energized and not in killer pain!!!) So Ive been cleaning, tidying. IIm running errands today and hopefully dome one will help me carry a few things up and down stairs On that note Ive been super crazy financially stressed. Im worried I wont be able to get anything for baby... I know in reality though that my family willhelp, but I HATE to ask. My mom has already mentioned it, but everything I want to get is online. (Carseat, swing and packnplay... ) I also have to clean my breast pump, get some bottles just in case AND replace the plastics on my pump. I also am dying for that boba wrap- but its not a necessity, and maybe grab a oack or swaddling blankets and burping clothes.

April 11th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep! The last couple of weeks I've been nesting like a crazy lady. Unfortunately, that brought me some serious contractions which have lead to modified bed rest. I'm ignoring those nesting urges and just reminding myself that everything will work out. Once I hit 37 weeks (fingers crossed we get there) I'll be back at it though!
moxiemommie and Mel S like this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

April 11th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Super Mommy
I'm surprised that I haven't been - I'm normally a neat/organization freak, but lately I just haven't had the energy to do too much. I have been giving myself small projects each week, but that's about it. All in all the house is in good shape thanks to DH's help though.
April 11th, 2014, 12:26 PM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
Not yet, but I REALLY need to! LMAO! There are things that I've been putting off that need to get done before these next 8 weeks or so are up!!!

April 11th, 2014, 12:30 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to guess yes with the disclaimer that I also tend to be really productive right before my brain goes into panic mode so I could just be on the verge of a total meltdown. I hope for it being nesting.

April 11th, 2014, 01:34 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
With 5.5 weeks to go, I'm in serious nesting mode. We had just gotten everything unpacked from the move when DH started painting the rooms -- first our kitchen and now Betsy's room. All of Betsy's stuff has been moved into the baby's room, so I can't even work in there (well, if I was allowed to work up there -- that's a different post!). And because everything is all messed up in the upstairs, I can't even start assessing supplies and stockpiling things like diapers and wipes. Ugh!
April 11th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
Mentally I am nesting - going over all the things that need to be done before GingerBean arrives as well as things that need to be done sooner (i.e. clean my house before the baby shower I'm hosting for DH's niece!). But physically I just don't have it in me. DH is helping and getting some stuff done but yeah - haven't hit panic mode yet but I'm close!

I'm also stressing about some financial things too - we need to redo our roof before it leaks and causes major damage, one of our cars is on the fritz...we have no idea when it' going to just die on us...throw in Mat Leave with reduced pay and yup - stress and more stress!

To top it off...DH got a nasty chest & head cold from one of his buddies, which he has now passed onto me. So I'm sick and laying down on my side or back makes the cough so much worse...but not laying back makes putting my chubby feet and ankles up next to impossible! Poor GingerBean must be stressing a little too with all the violent coughing fits I constant have

Just gotta keep telling myself - 7 more weeks...I can do this!

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
April 11th, 2014, 07:09 PM
amityx7's Avatar Miracle Baby Due 6/8/14
Mine must come in waves too, because sometimes I'll get a little burst of energy and decide to focus on something, but it's usually short-lived. I just don't think I've reached this stage yet but I know it's bound to be coming soon! I think the fact that we're moving into our new place May 1st has affected this quite a bit-- I think once we're there, it will hit me big time!

Gabrielle June 6/13/14

April 11th, 2014, 09:51 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh yes. I have Mila's closet all set up through 3 months. Next month with be cloth diaper prepping and putting the changing table back up in the kids room and the aftermath of my baby sprinkle!
April 12th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
Now that we have the car, I'm stressing over getting the car seat installed properly (and keeping it a secret from Brig's dad... he believes himself to be quite the car seat expert) and getting our hospital bag packed so it can be in the trunk waiting for the big day. Other than that, I am freaking out over diapers but the baby shower is still coming. Pleeeease let at least a few people get us diapers!!

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

April 12th, 2014, 08:36 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been nesting since December and I've run out of things to do. It's making these last weeks drag on

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search