*I think my lil boy is gunna be a big boy* advice?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PoppetsMom
  • 1 Post By MKnaomi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2014, 03:10 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im measuring bigger just like with Nevan, and he def feels to be about 4 lbs or so. With Nev, I had an emerg cection due to his size and not being able to fit through my pelvic bones. ( 9lb 10 oz ) I wqant to have this lil guy naturally, but something in my gut is saying its gunna be a cection.. and id rather it be planned than emerg this time. I have a doula and my dr and her both think I should try naturally even If he is estimated large. what do you ladies think about this?? Id much rather not go through what I did last delivery, and its known my body cannot naturally deliver a 10 lb baby, so why are my caregivers having this approach? maye im misunderstanding them? I rlly dnt know lol .. of course id way rather have a natural birth, but if its unrealistic, why even try ?

April 11th, 2014, 04:00 PM
PoppetsMom's Avatar Veteran
It sounds like your doula and doctor are trying to be supportive of attempting a VBAC, however if you're really concerned about having to have another cesarean, I'd definitely address the issue with them. I posted on the Cesarean Board some information on a method called a Gentle Cesarean that will give you as close to natural birth as you can get with a cesarean. It might be worth a look and discussing with them. I hope you can have a successful VBAC, but it's always nice to have a back up plan!
rachelc0 likes this.
April 11th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Super Mommy
Totally lurking from april, (waiting to have a baby is driving me crazy!) but it's possible that your DS may have had trouble fitting because of his positioning, if he was a little off center or facing just even a bit the wrong way that could have made that much difference. If you had a cervical lip caused by swelling or pushing too soon, that could have caused it. Also, my pushing times have been longer with my two because they both had thier hands up by their faces, that can have an effect. Finally, were you lying flat on your back in bed? That is well known to be the very worst position to birth a baby in as it gives them the least room to get under your pelvic bone. Squatting, hands and knees, even rolled on your side can widen your pelvis just that little bit enough for your baby to slide right through.this info is becoming more widely known, which may be why your caregivers are encouraging the trial of labour anyway. Personally, I think it's great that they are so supportive of VBAC. I would never want to be told that my body "could not" birth a certain size of baby before I'd even tried, because.. well.. before there were csections smaller women could and did do it, all the time! Maybe because they were never told they couldn't. Each labour and baby is SO very different, you just never know, it could be super easy this time! I'd encourage you to listen to their advice and try!
AtomicMama likes this.
April 11th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Veteran
I gave birth to a nine pound 13 oz baby. He was an easier delivery than my almost seven pounder. However, the next day I had a separation of the bone and cartilage in my public bone. I left the hospital with a walker and couldn't even get to the bathroom without help. I couldn't nurse because I was in too much pain in all the positions that you can nurse in. (Midwife put me in every position) google pubic synthesis separation. I have mostly but not fully recovered and of course being pregnant is making it act up again. Please read up on it. I can't tell you what to do but I do want you to be informed as this is something that isn't in the what to expect books and literature.
April 12th, 2014, 10:02 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Position of the baby and your laboring position matters SO much more than the size of the baby. We're you induced with your son? Did you have an epidural? The best thing you can do to avoid a c/s is to let yourself go into labor naturally and to move around during labor and push in a position that is appropriate for baby's position.

April 14th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
Like the other ladies have already said - everything depends on everything! lol.

First, sometimes they'll estimate the baby's weight and be COMPLETELY wrong. Seems to be the case most often.

Secondly, you can at least try, especially since your doctor is already encouraging this approach, and see how it goes. You may just suprise yourself.

Third - think positive, and you'll most likely have a positive outcome.

April 14th, 2014, 08:18 AM
trusting and believing
Quote:
Id much rather not go through what I did last delivery, and its known my body cannot naturally deliver a 10 lb baby

sounds like you're already feeling a certain way about it; go with your gut hon!

Mom to one son born December 2010 and expecting another little guy June 16, 2014!
April 16th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ask your doctor if they can do an ultrasound to see how big baby is and plan from there. Because I'm carrying twins I've had an ultrasound at least once a month and they know how big they both are...not small by any means. Baby a is head down and engaged already so I know that a natural birth will most likey happen for me it's a matter of will I go into labor or be induced. They are able with ultrasound to guess birth weight

April 17th, 2014, 08:35 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 4 angel babies
coming from somebody who has vaginally birthed a 10+lbs baby boy, it isn't impossible, but it doesn't feel very good (obvi). you need to do what you think your body can handle. some woman have trouble birthing 6lbs, some like me can push out half grown kids.

i'm going to tell you a little bit of what i endeared, not to scare you, but to help you weigh out your pro's and con's and make a better choice. ultimately, if you can VBAC like you want to, you'll be very happy.

i labored w/ Kale for 25.5hrs (but he was also my first baby, so the labor is always longer). i pushed him for 3hrs, where he got stuck briefly in my pelvis. the doc gave me an episiotomy (surgical cut of the pereneium) but it wasn't enough and i ripped more from that. i ended up with that he called a 4th degree tear. that was by far the worst part, because i had to use a cathader for about 12hrs after the birth (too swollen down there to go myself) and i couldn't sit right for a month.

all in all, i wanted a vaginal birth and i got it. would i do it over again? absolutely.
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
09/03/2014 - Chemical Pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search