Any Short Mommies? Commiserate with me!

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 1 Post By Spottts

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2014, 09:37 PM
PoppetsMom's Avatar Veteran
Standing at a mere 4 ft 10, this little girl has no where to grow. I ROLL out of bed, when I reach for things, my belly knocks them over.. not to mention my ginormous boobs, (H cup anyone?)! Getting into and out of cars and trucks... Yeah, get me a step stool, seriously! My feet dangle on the potty.. I am a Belly and Boobs with appendages attached....and have 6 more weeks of this to go.. She has NO where to go but in the front making my balance not so much there anymore. Being short and pregnant... HARD on the back is just the beginning.

My son, he spread himself out.. I was round all the way around (to the tune of 48 inches around!). This one, has decided she's going forward and out. I constantly feel like I'm going to topple over, that I have no business trying to even reach the lowest shelf in my cabinets for fear I'm going to drop everything on my head because I really can't stretch to reach higher, even with the aforementioned step stool.

I feel like if I was of average height that a multitude of these problems would go away! Tell me I'm not the only one that feels like another even 4 inches would make all the difference in how I feel? (And maybe being this little explains in part why laboring with my son was all back labor, and the braxton hicks I'm feeling now, also in my back is to be expected being a short little thing!)

April 12th, 2014, 08:49 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Well, I'm no 4'10" but at 5'4" I think I qualify OMG, the feet to the ribs! I can't wait for Sprog to drop. He/she is such a rolly Polly and is keeping me up all night with his/her gymnastics. People gawk at my belly. I just tell them baby has no where to go but out.
PoppetsMom likes this.

April 12th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 5'2.5" tall. At 27 weeks I had been asked a couple times if I was sure there was just one baby this time. There is another lady at work two weeks ahead of me. We've compared us side by side. We're about the same but she's at least 4 inches taller than me so my belly is just more noticeable.

I can feel baby girl at the very bottom (bikini line) and the very top of my uterus at the same time. I don't wear shoes with buckles anymore because it's too hard to reach the buckle, even swinging up my leg to my lap.
PoppetsMom likes this.
April 12th, 2014, 06:07 PM
PoppetsMom's Avatar Veteran
Shoes? I can't find my feet half the time. Thank goodness my sneaks are step ins otherwise I'd be the epitome of barefoot and pregnant! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search