Name stress

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By susie_q
  • 1 Post By Mel S
  • 1 Post By Wish44
  • 1 Post By Missymoos
  • 3 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 1 Post By Missymoos
  • 1 Post By njkatc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow and the twins still don't have names!!!! Every name I've liked or thought of DH has shot down. I'm freaking out that they could possibly have no name at birth!! I knew all my other kids names before they were born and once I saw them knew that I had picked the "right" name! Am I the only one left that hasn't named their lo? I even ask him every couple of days trying to name them.....

April 17th, 2014, 06:10 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
We had the name picked out right away for a girl but the boy took a little time. I suggested Sawyer which my bf loved but around 20 weeks I told him Sawyer wasn't his name, so it took some thinking until we decided on Jack.I don't think it's unusual to wait this long for names. My old boss had twin boys a couple months ago and they went their entire week hospital stay as nameless baby boy A and B before they settled on Jayden and Jaxon. It'll come to you!
njkatc and Fall like this.

April 17th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Super Mommy
I am sure you will come up with something - but it certainly is stressful.

DH and I have the name for a boy figured out and are quite happy with it - and we have been told we are having a boy, so we should be ok. If they were wrong and it's a girl though - we have NO clue...we keep saying we should come up with a name, just in case, alas, we have nothing...

Perhaps that is something we will work on this weekend...
Fall likes this.
April 17th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Try not to stress too much. I had a friend who brought her baby home from the hospital without a name. The hospital called a few days later and said, "We need a name for the birth certificate." She was totally put on the spot and just had to come up with something. She named the baby Kate, which fits her little girl perfectly. If you aren't able to come up with names before babies are born, maybe it will come to you once you see them.
Fall likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

April 17th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
DH and I sat down last weekend and wrote out lists of names we liked for GingerBean...I felt bad because my list was only about 6 names long...but his had about 25 on it so I was saying "no!" a lot, lol.

We've narrowed it down to a few that both of us like, but haven't committed to anything...for now she is still just our little GingerBean.
Mel S likes this.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
April 17th, 2014, 11:51 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
We don't have names either. We were close and then DH got it into his head that we HAVE to give this baby a first and middle name that start with the same letter. He's insane. He can't just make demands like that without actually offering a name suggestion. Every time I bring up names he asks if I've found a girl's name that starts with "F". I have a girl's name that I like a lot but I'm not sold on our top boy name. He like our top picks but is being really stubborn about this initial thing. I'm thinking I'll just come up with 2 names I like, wait until the birth, and then name the kid whatever I want because he won't be able to say no at that point
bluewren, Fall and Missymoos like this.

April 17th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersMommy View Post
... I'm thinking I'll just come up with 2 names I like, wait until the birth, and then name the kid whatever I want because he won't be able to say no at that point
Totally on the same page here with you! I figure I'll probably end up pulling rank and flat out stating "her name is ______", once it's on the birth certificate he can't argue
Fall likes this.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
April 17th, 2014, 12:48 PM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
Its so hard to choose a name! I couldn't imagine having to choose 2 at one time!!! You'll pick the perfect names for them, don't stress over it. Even if it doesn't happen until after they're born!
Fall likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search