Third Trimester Check In

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2014, 10:15 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
bossman's son's girlfriend's water just broke so we've got baby fever right now, which got me thinking that i need to catch up with some of you ladies! i'll start it!

Name:
How far along are you today?:
Baby's gender, name/s picked out:
Due Date/Scheduled Indcution/Scheduled C-Section:
Last item you bought or made for baby:
What's your current worst pregnancy symptom:
What's your SO/DH/etc feeling this days about baby?:
Are you planning a medicated or unmedicated birth?
At home, hospital, birthing facility?
Who is going to be in the room with you?
What are your absolute 'To-Do's before baby comes?
What are your 'nice-to-do's (that maybe don't have to be done before) that you want to have done:

Name: Rachel.
How far along are you today?: 32weeks, 2 days.
Baby's gender, name/s picked out: baby boy; Karson Curtis.
Due Date/Scheduled Indcution/Scheduled C-Section: due 6/10/14.
Last item you bought or made for baby: i bought white & blue muslin swaddles from target, but i have yarn just sitting waiting for me to crochet up a blanket and booties.
What's your current worst pregnancy symptom: besides the tatas? Karson has flipped downward, but is face out so his head is putting insane pressure on my spine.
What's your SO/DH/etc feeling this days about baby?: i had a lot of rectal pressure yesterday, and some back labor contractions the night before, so he's a little on edge thinking Karson is trying to make a break for it early.
Are you planning a medicated or unmedicated birth? medicated for sure. i have large babies and long labors.
At home, hospital, birthing facility? intending on laboring at home as long as i can, then trecking to the hospital.
Who is going to be in the room with you? just DH.
What are your absolute 'To-Do's before baby comes? i still have to wash the baby clothes, buy a diaper bag and pack it, pack me a hospital bag, pull out and clean up the bassinet, reorganize my yarn stash, buy a stroller. i'm sure a few other things in there too.
What are your 'nice-to-do's (that maybe don't have to be done before) that you want to have done: i'd really like to have the carpets shampooed, have to get crib bedding (not a rush because Karson will be in a bassinet for a few months), get some pre-cooked meals done, stock up on my coming-home essentials (witch hazel pads, etc).

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
April 17th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
Name: Shauna
How far along are you today?: 33 weeks exactly
Baby's gender, name/s picked out: Baby Girl... no name yet - it is a work in progress though!
Due Date/Scheduled Indcution/Scheduled C-Section: DD - June 5
Last item you bought or made for baby: for baby - peach-coloured sandals!, for mommy - poshmamma nursing shawl in blush
What's your current worst pregnancy symptom: back pain on left side (strained rib from coughing too much with baby weight pulling on ribcage)
What's your SO/DH/etc feeling these days about baby?: 100% excited and totally in love with his little girl
Are you planning a medicated or unmedicated birth? as unmedicated as possible...but only time will tell.
At home, hospital, birthing facility? Hospital - but only b/c there are no birthing centres near me in Ontario - two are currently being built, one in Toronto and one just outside of Ottawa I believe...but both are too far and not likely to be ready by my Due Date
Who is going to be in the room with you? Hopefully just DH
What are your absolute 'To-Do's before baby comes? Finish window treatments for nursery, Spring clean my house!
What are your 'nice-to-do's (that maybe don't have to be done before) that you want to have done: Sanding and staining rocking chair - upholstering will have to wait though.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
April 17th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Nicole
How far along are you today?: 31w 1d
Baby's gender, name/s picked out: Boy, James Michael
Due Date/Scheduled Indcution/Scheduled C-Section: EDD 6/18
Last item you bought or made for baby: clothes?
What's your current worst pregnancy symptom: Oh, the pressure down there. I'm uncomfortable between round ligament pain, contractions, and the constant pressure
What's your SO/DH/etc feeling this days about baby?: He's so excited! At night he sits next to me with his hand on my belly. If baby isn't moving, he nudges him until he wakes up. It's so sweet.
Are you planning a medicated or unmedicated birth? I'm open to an epidural. I've never done this before, so I'm not ruling anything out.
At home, hospital, birthing facility? Birth center attached to hospital
Who is going to be in the room with you? Just DH
What are your absolute 'To-Do's before baby comes? I try not to think about it since I won't be able to really tackle things until 36-37 weeks, but still lots to do! We do need to get the car seat installed though! I'm not sure my new car will arrive in time for baby's arrival, so it's going in DH's car, like it or not!
What are your 'nice-to-do's (that maybe don't have to be done before) that you want to have done: I'd like to get a few meals prepared and put in the freezer, but I'm not overly worried about it. DH has learned to fend for himself between my MS and bed rest, so we will make do. Plus, we will have plenty of people around to help us out and cook.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

April 17th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Courtney

How far along are you today?: 30 weeks tomorrow!!!

Baby's gender, name/s picked out: girl / Harlow Rayne

Due Date/Scheduled Indcution/Scheduled C-Section: C-section not scheduled yet, will be around June 20th.

Last item you bought or made for baby: coming home outfit

What's your current worst pregnancy symptom: Heartburn / Acid Reflux

What's your SO/DH/etc feeling this days about baby?: He is excited!

Are you planning a medicated or unmedicated birth? def medicated, i'm being sliced open! lol

At home, hospital, [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]birthing
[/COLOR] facility? Hospital[/COLOR]

Who is going to be in the room with you? Husband

What are your absolute 'To-Do's before baby comes? Finish the nursery!!!

What are your 'nice-to-do's (that maybe don't have to be done before) that you want to have done: Double stroller purchase

April 17th, 2014, 11:39 AM
PoppetsMom's Avatar Veteran
Name: Lily
How far along are you today?: 33+5

Baby's gender, name/s picked out: Girl, Lillian Jean

Due Date/Scheduled Indcution/Scheduled C-Section: DD 6/1 Scheduled Gentle Cesarean 5/28
Last item you bought or made for baby: Bought her going home Outfit

What's your current worst pregnancy symptom: Swelling in my feet/ankles

What's your SO/DH/etc feeling this days about baby?: Since I don't have an SO, my BFF is the Godfather, so..... He's super excited, he's been singing to her more and "sparring" with LJ when she gets really active.

Are you planning a medicated or unmedicated birth? With the Gentle C- definitely medicated

At home, hospital, birthing facility? Going to the hospital

Who is going to be in the room with you? My Mom for sure. My BFF is still undecided if he's up to going into the OR, if he chooses not to, My Dad will also be attending.

What are your absolute 'To-Do's before baby comes? Wow... Um.. Have my shower (a week from Saturday), get moved, get my hospital bag packed, set up my recovery area and a baby station.. Enjoy the rest of my pregnancy.

What are your 'nice-to-do's (that maybe don't have to be done before) that you want to have done: I haven't really thought about it.

Bonus Question; What was the last "pamper me" thing you did for yourself: Took some time and got my hair colored and had a spa day, something nice for me to enjoy before the long days and sleepless nights begin.. Planning one last nice brunch with family and a quiet bath before baby comes.

Last edited by PoppetsMom; April 17th, 2014 at 11:41 AM.
April 17th, 2014, 01:08 PM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
Name: Kelly
How far along are you today?: 33 Weeks
Baby's gender, name/s picked out: Boy - Aaron Mark
Due Date/Scheduled Indcution/Scheduled C-Section: DD 6/5
Last item you bought or made for baby: A blanket
What's your current worst [COLOR=blue !important]pregnancy[/COLOR] symptom: Swelling in my legs, ankles and feet
What's your SO/DH/etc feeling this days about baby?: He's VERY excited for another boy
Are you planning a medicated or unmedicated birth? Only time will tell
At home, hospital, birthing facility? Hospital
Who is going to be in the room with you? DH - and he'll be the only one at the hospital!
What are your absolute 'To-Do's before baby comes? Wash the bedding and clothes and get them put away and figure out a bassinet or rock n play sleeper for our bedroom
What are your 'nice-to-do's (that maybe don't have to be done before) that you want to have done: I have a ton of these, mostly organizing stuff around the rest of the house

April 17th, 2014, 01:24 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Roxanne
How far along are you today?: 32 Weeks
Baby's gender, name/s picked out: Girl / Penelope Dianne
Due Date/Scheduled Indcution/Scheduled C-Section: C-section: 6/13
Last item you bought or made for baby: I've been working on a mobile for her little corner in our room.
What's your current worst pregnancy symptom: Insomnia
What's your SO/DH/etc feeling this days about baby?: Stressed, I'm sure. lol
What are your absolute 'To-Do's before baby comes? Steam clean the area rugs. Install the carseat.
What are your 'nice-to-do's (that maybe don't have to be done before) that you want to have done: Everything else!

April 17th, 2014, 05:05 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Name: Amy
How far along are you today?: 34 weeks
Baby's gender, name/s picked out: Boy, still not telling!
Due Date/Scheduled Indcution/Scheduled C-Section: 5/21
Last item you bought or made for baby: Um, I can't remember specifically -- after coming home from the hospital and finding out that he might be arriving any time caused me to panic and buy a ton of stuff online. I keep getting packages every day filled with baby things -- it's like Christmas! I bought onesies, sleepers, a diaper pail, furniture, baby monitors, baby bed linens....you name it, I bought it at 3 am!
What's your current worst pregnancy symptom: Still having contractions.
What's your SO/DH/etc feeling this days about baby?: He doesn't talk about it a lot, but I know he's nervous about the baby coming early.
Are you planning a medicated or unmedicated birth? c-section
At home, hospital, birthing facility? hospital
Who is going to be in the room with you? just DH and the medical staff
What are your absolute 'To-Do's before baby comes? Organize and wash baby stuff....finish grading papers from before I went on bed rest....finish online grad school class
What are your 'nice-to-do's (that maybe don't have to be done before) that you want to have done: try to make nursery look like a nursery and not just a spare room.....if he gives me the full 5 weeks, baby will get a room that looks like a baby boy's room.

April 17th, 2014, 07:22 PM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Dee / Danielle
How far along are you today?: 33 weeks + 2 days

Baby's gender, name/s picked out: Girl!!! Still can't believe it!!... Elliannah Makayla

Due Date/Scheduled Indcution/Scheduled C-Section: C-section scheduled for 27th May!! ..

Last item you bought or made for baby: Hmm , My mother is an amazing knitter / crotcheter (sp?).. She has made a HEAP of blankets and clothes for her.. they are just adorable!! I keep meaning to post pics..

What's your current worst pregnancy symptom: Hmmm .. Probably all the pressure I am getting down there.. It feels like she is going to fall out!!!.. My babies tend to be on the bigger side and being baby number 5 , I probably don't have alot of muscles down there... Oooh and tmi, but I am finding I have to RACE to the bathroom these days, again, not much is holding anything down there anymore!!...

What's your SO/DH/etc feeling this days about baby?: He is getting excited.. He is super excited as its our first girl...

Are you planning a medicated or unmedicated birth? Definately medicated, I am having a c-section.. Will have a spinal and was told the other day they will probably have an epidural also ready to go since I am having my tubes done at the same time... just in case it takes a bit longer.. also being my 5th c-section, it may take longer.. (my last one took a bit longer and my spinal wore off... ouch!!!)....

At home, hospital, birthing facility? Hospital..

Who is going to be in the room with you? Dh

What are your absolute 'To-Do's before baby comes? Have to wash all her clothes... Dh will probably put in baby seat before he picks us up from hospital... Hmm think other than that we are all good

What are your 'nice-to-do's (that maybe don't have to be done before) that you want to have done: I would really love to buy a new lounge so I can feed her more comfortably than the uncomfortable lounge we have now... But having car problems and having to buy a new car last week.. that may not happen...

April 18th, 2014, 12:57 PM
amityx7's Avatar Miracle Baby Due 6/8/14
Name: Sarah
How far along are you today?: 32 weeks, 5 days!
Baby's gender, name/s picked out: Baby girl, Gabrielle June
Due Date/Scheduled Indcution/Scheduled C-Section: June 8th!
Last item you bought or made for baby: I think it was crib sheets! Not sure. It's been awhile.
What's your current worst pregnancy symptom: Insomnia & Heartburn
What's your SO/DH/etc feeling this days about baby?: He is very excited for Gabi to be here.
Are you planning a medicated or unmedicated birth? Epidural, all the way... wish I could go without but I don't think it would go over that well. Haha!
Who is going to be in the room with you? Just my boyfriend & his mom!
What are your absolute 'To-Do's before baby comes? Just get everything together and just right for her!
What are your 'nice-to-do's (that maybe don't have to be done before) that you want to have done: Save up money, get my hair done.

Gabrielle June 6/13/14

April 18th, 2014, 03:40 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
Name: Anna
How far along are you today?: 32 weeks
Baby's gender, name/s picked out: Boy, James IV
Due Date/Scheduled Indcution/Scheduled C-Section: June 15
Last item you bought or made for baby: IKEA Kallax storage cube shelves
What's your current worst pregnancy symptom: Pressure in the lower abdomen
What's your SO/DH/etc feeling this days about baby?: More excited now that he can feel him.
Are you planning a medicated or unmedicated birth? medicated!
Who is going to be in the room with you? DH & possibly both sets of parents
What are your absolute 'To-Do's before baby comes? Wash baby clothes & put together crib
What are your 'nice-to-do's (that maybe don't have to be done before) that you want to have done: Finish shopping

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
April 18th, 2014, 04:13 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Name: Erin
How far along are you today?: 32 weeks 3 days
Baby's gender, name/s picked out: Don't know. Names are a point of stress at the moment.
Due Date/Scheduled Indcution/Scheduled C-Section: EDD June 10th
Last item you bought or made for baby: Just bought some hemp inserts to replace my microfiber inserts for Sprog's pocket diapers.
What's your current worst pregnancy symptom: Feeling pretty good right now. Just gettin' large
What's your SO/DH/etc feeling this days about baby?: He's in denial about how soon this baby will be here. Otherwise, he's good.
Are you planning a medicated or unmedicated birth? Unmedicated
At home, hospital, birthing facility? Stand-alone birth center
Who is going to be in the room with you? DH, DD, my BFF, the photographer, the MW, and a nurse. Quite the menagerie if I may say so. BFF is a necessity to watch DD and I really want this birth well documented since its my last and I hardly have any good pics from DD's birth.
What are your absolute 'To-Do's before baby comes? I'm pretty much ready. Just need to attach the crib side-carred and even that could wait.
What are your 'nice-to-do's (that maybe don't have to be done before) that you want to have done: I cleaned out the freezer today so that I can start a stash of freezer meals. My plan is to make double batches of a few meals each week over the next few weeks so we won't have to worry about cooking for the first few weeks. I'd also like to reorganize DDs toys a bit and make room for some of her old infant toys. But since the baby won't be needing those for a few months I'm not too concerned.

Last edited by TiggersMommy; April 18th, 2014 at 04:15 PM.
April 18th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Spottts
How far along are you today?: 29 weeks
Baby's gender, name/s picked out: girl, we don't have a name yet
Due Date/Scheduled Indcution/Scheduled C-Section: due July 5 but all of my other babies have come 2-4weeks early
Last item you bought or made for baby: diapers
What's your current worst pregnancy symptom: pubic bone feels like it's separating at times
What's your SO/DH/etc feeling this days about baby?: He's super excited and looking forward to seeing her in person
Are you planning a medicated or unmedicated birth? Unmedicated, my others were also
Who is going to be in the room with you? DH
What are your absolute 'To-Do's before baby comes? Strange but a headboard for our bed. I know I'll feed her in bed and want something to lean against. Need to get the car seat and borrow a pack n play from SIL
What are your 'nice-to-do's (that maybe don't have to be done before) that you want to have done: get the other baby gear and stuff
April 20th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
Name: Ry
How far along are you today?: 31 weeks tomorrow.
Baby's gender, name/s picked out: Female, Elliott Tesla.
Due Date/Scheduled Indcution/Scheduled C-Section: Guess date is June 23rd
Last item you bought or made for baby: I bought a bag of thread and sewing notions that will no doubt be used on baby things.
What's your current worst pregnancy symptom: Fatigue.
What's your SO/DH/etc feeling this days about baby?: Very excited.
Are you planning a medicated or unmedicated birth? Unmedicated I hope!
At home, hospital, birthing facility? Hospital.
Who is going to be in the room with you? DF, maybe his sister, maybe my mom.
What are your absolute 'To-Do's before baby comes? Buy diapers, have car seat properly installed.
What are your 'nice-to-do's (that maybe don't have to be done before) that you want to have done: Finish most of her room, start making my own diapers.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search