Unprepared...

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree25Likes
  • 6 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 8 Post By mrsdaiwa24
  • 3 Post By moxiemommie
  • 1 Post By LShumate1010
  • 1 Post By rachelc0
  • 2 Post By AtomicMama
  • 2 Post By Missymoos
  • 2 Post By Halloween81

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2014, 04:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Anyone else 100% unprepared? I have to admit I am getting a little bit nervous. I have really bad braxton hicks brought on by, well doing anything. Hubby is less then helpful still when it comes to all things baby. I have a few outfits, and my breast pump but that is about it. I am hoping I get some nesting in soon I know I need it
April 23rd, 2014, 06:01 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
All baby really needs is something to eat, somewhere to sleep, and something to pee/poop in. So long as you've got at least that you're good

April 23rd, 2014, 06:37 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Online shopping is a pregnant lady's best friend. You can buy diapers, pacifiers, nipple cream, and everything else you can possibly need without ever getting off the couch. It's how I was able to get ready while being on bed rest.
April 23rd, 2014, 08:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel. This weekend Im going through all the baby stuff we brought from the "old" house. We still have yet to bring the crib. My room is a disaster, the landingis a huge mess (tools and "sectional table" and other crap)- all of which we are cleaning/clearing out this weekend. I have to take everything out of the broken dresser, which is leaving soon hopefully as its an eyesore, we are getting rid of the headboard/footboard of this old bed "set?" And its going to a new home, I have about 6 black garbage bags full of the kids toys which I need to get a couple toy bins for so they can actually play with them.No idea where to put the wagon, also in our room. . But the good news is my grandpa +my mom, really) got us a new carseat - I picked it out online as it goes with/snaps into our double stroller, and my mom is buying us a graco bassinet/playard- the ones with a "hood"- we also picked it out. So at LEAST he will have a place to sleep and we can actually drive him home in the vehicle we purchased so that we would have enough room for all three kids LOL. So Im grateful that things are falling into place. Hopefully we can get everything done before he come. Im almost CERTAIN it will be up to the week before I have him if I go over 40weeks-which is normal for me thus far.

Sorry Im doing this via phone and it glitched hence the second post. Anyways I completely understand!!! Just take it one day at a time. Oh and yes I have done most of my shopping online too LOL. Things are kind of tight for us right now, but I just keep telling myself that when the time comes we will have everything we need! Even if I have to solicit my dogs and horses for 25 cent kisses, and 1dollar "pony" rides LOL!!!
Jessica121706, Missymoos and Mel S like this.

April 23rd, 2014, 11:24 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes! I still need to decide on a diaper bag for 2 in cloth diapers! Waiting for my baby sprinkle to pass- its on May 4th- so I can buy the rest of the things I need for baby girl and just nest and rest until her arrival!
moxiemommie likes this.
April 24th, 2014, 07:05 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
when it comes to baby, being the third time around, i feel like i have a pretty good grasp on what i have to do versus what can wait until after he is born. i have his crib set up, but i haven't bought any bedding for it yet and am really not in a rush to because Karson will be sleeping in his bassinet for the first few months. i've also taken things and stretched them out by week, completed one or two tasts at a time.

what i NEED to do: wash clothes, buy & pack a diaper bag, pack a hospital bag, get & stay as up-to-date on laundry as possible (because i know i won't want to do it within the first week home), pull out and clean up bassinet, rocking sleeper, changing table, etc

what i will get around to eventually: buy & wash crib bedding, wash bottles and breast pump equiptment (i won't be using it for the first few weeks anyway) & pacifiers, pre-cook & freeze some meals, pick godparents.

try not to get too stressed over the little stuff, not everything has to be done and ready for babies arrival. i did that with my first one, had everything done by week 37, convinced he was coming early. i spent the next three weeks bored out of my mind just waiting for him.
moxiemommie likes this.

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
April 24th, 2014, 07:50 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm sorry, Jessica!! Try to focus on just what the baby needs for the first 2-4 weeks of life. Get the essentials. I know it's hard, especially when nesting kicks in, but try not to dream of the perfect, coordinating nursery. Just think of what you need to get through those first few weeks. After that, everything will come together, I promise!
Jessica121706 and moxiemommie like this.

April 24th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I think it would almost be better NOT to have a ton of stuff for baby right off the bat, lol. I am stressing trying to find homes for all the stuff we have, most of which I know we probably won't use for the first month or so at least!
moxiemommie and anjewellove like this.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
April 24th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
omg I'm totally there with you!! I feel like we don't have anything ready at all!

April 24th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Halloween81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am completely unprepared as well. I have a car seat now, bought it on Sunday, so at least I can take the baby home. I don't want to get too much before my baby shower but that's not until June 8th (due June 26). I just pray this babe doesn't decide to show up early.
moxiemommie and Missymoos like this.
Chemical pregnancy - January 9, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - April 21, 2010
Miscarriage at 7 weeks - October 22, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - May 14, 2011
Miscarriage at 17 weeks - December 7, 2011 (My sweet little Joshua had Achondrogenesis type 2)
Miscarriage at 5 weeks - June 5, 2013

All test results normal. Reason for RPL unknown.

Annabel born healthy at 35 weeks - May 22, 2014
April 24th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I couldnt agree more with all of you! As long as you have:
1) A way to transpot baby
2) A place for baby to sleep
3) Milk/feeding supplies- whether you are nursing or bottle feeding
4)Diapers, wipes, towels, and wash clothes
5) A few outfits, and swaddling blankets or regular blankets (probably wont need a ton anyways since its summer... pacifiers and maybe a place to put her down ( like a boppy on the floor or one of those little floor- bouncer/rocker thingys) Thats really all you will need.

Things like crib matteress's and bedding, toys, more clothes, bath supplies (like baby tubs or bath chairs), all of that other stuff can wait. Even the little plastic changers. As long as you have a towel or blanket, you are good to go.
And its so true about having too much. I got so many things, with Ryan that I literally did not even use. And for Luke, omg we got him all these cute clothes and guess what? He had hip displaysia... didnt find out until after he was born. I had him on a saturday and he was in a harness on monday. Couldnt wear pants, only a shirt and diaper, and the shirt was basically covered by the harness, it was only there so the harness straps wouldnt rub. The baby bath supplies... forget it. I could only give him a bath once a week at the drs office, and couldnt even change his shirt (although I did once because his diaper exploded up wards and hed gotten #2 all OVER his shirt and harness so i washed both and they went right back on him once they were clean. Brian and I had to double diaper him and keep his hips positioned a certain way... ) And I had to return all of his cute clothes! Although I did keep one outfit, and im using that one for Zack!

I meant transPORT not transpot- gosh it sounds like I was talking about re-potting the baby or something LOL

April 27th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You're not alone

We don't have a name, no nursery started, no clothes, diapers aren't prepped... I have no motivation right now with work and DD...
April 28th, 2014, 04:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not ready either. I have clothes, a carseat, and pack n play, but that's it really. All the other baby stuff DS2 is still using. I haven't even bought the first pack of diapers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search