Ready... or not?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes
  • 2 Post By JoannaEvelyn06
  • 2 Post By susie_q
  • 2 Post By Wish44
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie
  • 2 Post By mrsdaiwa24
  • 2 Post By bluewren
  • 2 Post By Mel S
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By Britt3
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama
  • 3 Post By Missymoos
  • 1 Post By MNMom2B
  • 1 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 1 Post By PoppetsMom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There are most days where I feel totally ready to have this baby, and then other days when I nearly panic at the thought of having a newborn again!!

However, he is coming out soon regardless of how I feel about it

I'm just hoping I can get back into the routine of having a baby quickly... without any PPD or baby blues.
moxiemommie and PoppetsMom like this.
May 11th, 2014, 10:22 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I hear ya. My doctor gave me some names of psychiatrists to call because she thinks I'll have PPD. Some days I'm so excited and ready to meet him but others the idea of having him and bringing him home overwhelms and scares me!

May 11th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd really like this baby to stay in there and keep cooking for about 3 more weeks. Plus, being in bed rest has made it difficult for me to really prepare. However, I'm not sure I'll ever really be ready, and I know I'll figure it out. So, yeah, I guess I'm ready whenever he is.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

May 11th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
Emotionally I am so ready. When it comes to having everything ready for her... no. My mom did buy us a swing, which she will bring down in June, and she mentioned the woman who sold it to her had lots of almost brand new baby things and she was going to pick up a few more things, so that helps.
PoppetsMom likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

May 11th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I still need a couple things, BUT it doesnt really matter. I have the most important things, other than diapers... so baby will have what needs. Im not quite ready as Im really hoping to have him sometime in June- but if he needs to be early then thats ok. As long as hes healthy.
PoppetsMom likes this.

May 12th, 2014, 05:38 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I guess we're as ready as we can be. All of the important things have been done -- clothes have been washed, PNP is set up, bags have been packed. DH did compliment me on how nice the nursery room looked (which was a nice gesture although it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to because I was so limited in what I could do). The crib is being delivered and set up sometime this week.

I've talked to Betsy about what's going to happen when Mommy goes into the hospital (to which she replied that she was NEVER EVER EVER going to have a baby because they give you a big boo-boo on your tummy). Child care arrangements have been made and DH has scheduled his "paternity leave" (it's 6 days).

I'm terrified of having another completely overwhelming experience like I did with Betsy. It was so hard the last time. I've tried to mentally prepare for everything and have convinced myself to lower my absurdly high expectations.

I just hope we're really ready!
Britt3 and PoppetsMom like this.
May 12th, 2014, 05:48 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At this point I'm personally done but of course I would like things to hold off at least until "full term". With preparations I'm at the point where while I don't have everything done, I feel like I have "enough" and can just finish the rest as we go along.
Missymoos and PoppetsMom like this.

May 12th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Super Mommy
As far as 'stuff' goes, I feel as though we're ready. Each time I go to the store I think of more items we could use, but don't really need - some days I forget that I can shop after he is born too, lol.

As far as 'mental preparation' goes - I am excited to meet him, but am so nervous about all of the unknown. DH and I both accept that when it comes to baby we are going to 'wing it' to a certain extent...I just hope the learning curve is manageable.

About a month until we meet this little man!
Missymoos and PoppetsMom like this.
May 12th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm feeling the same way, I'm completely ready to have the baby and not be pregnant anymore and everyday I'm excited to meet her BUT I am not looking forward to a newborn again! I think it's more of the anxiety of the c-section, I feel like I was robbed of having a normal vaginal deliver this time around because of the complications I had with my daughter's deliver, so I'm really upset about having to have surgery and trying to recover and rest and having a newborn. My husband will help out a lot but he will have to go back to work asap (he doesn't get paid if he doesn't work) so it'll just be me and the little one all day everyday.
PoppetsMom likes this.
May 12th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm pretty ready now. Mentally I still haven't thought about the birth much... but I do want to watch more videos, prepare some things, and get in the mind set of it all. The room is ready, except for putting away the blankets, diapers, and hanging the art on the walls. But those are little things and don't have to be prepared just right before she's born, lol, even though I want them to be!

I still have a ton of things to buy for the birth as well, and we pick up the birthing tub on June 8th. So, by June 8th I better have everything ready!!! Preferrably before then, but we shall see.

I have talked with my son's dad about him keeping our son for a week or so, with visits here and there of course. He's cool with it, but I know his dad... and well, he'll probably drop the ball.. so that has me stressed. I'd like to have a backup plan, at least for the first few days of recovery, etc - but I don't have many options when my family lives 500 miles away. Hopefully someone in my DP's family can help and step up if this happens.
PoppetsMom likes this.

May 12th, 2014, 08:40 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm not ready. I want to be moved completely. I'm nervous about DH being at the birth. I'm scared to give birth again And I'm scared to go from a full time working mom to a (temporarily) SAHM to 3 overnight. EEK!
PoppetsMom likes this.

May 12th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I think we're ready as far as stuff goes - the only thing I will probably grab before hand is the Medela Calma bottle(s), just in case GingerBean has any problems latching, etc.

Mentally, I think I am ready - at least as ready as I can be!

My birth plan is that I don't have a birth plan...I don't want to be fixated on a plan of action because I have a tendency to get way more disappointed (than necessary probably) if things don't go the way I want them to. So I'd rather just go with the flow of things and see where it takes us

Nursery wise - we need to hang the window treatments, artwork and floating shelves, and clear all the non-baby stuff off of the change table, lol. But other than that - I don't think we could be any more ready than we are now! Both DH and I are just so ready to meet her...every time she gets really active, DH gets mushy now
Britt3, mrsdaiwa24 and PoppetsMom like this.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
May 13th, 2014, 10:25 AM
I think we are as ready as we will be. The house and nursery are as ready as I think I need to get them,...it's just me that isn't mentally prepared for what is to come. I have NO idea what I'm in for, but me and DH have decided to wing it as much as we can and hopefully will get through it.

I have 2 weeks left and have NO progress...the baby is still high in my rib cage, but is head down (thankfully) and seems pretty content. Now we just wait I guess.
PoppetsMom likes this.
May 13th, 2014, 11:56 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm SO ready. I just need Sprog to stay put for 7 more days and then he/she can come whenever. DH is sort of in denial. DD keeps asking when we're going to go to the birth center to push the baby out. I think she's as ready as she's ever going to be.
PoppetsMom likes this.

May 14th, 2014, 03:01 AM
PoppetsMom's Avatar Veteran
Well, my recovery space is FINALLY finished, I've begun the count down (14days), the bags are mostly packed (just have my bestie's jammies to get out of the wash and put in the hospital bag and load them into the car)... Cesarean Birth plan is written up, packed for the L&D Staff, and also on file at the OB's office... Car Seat is being installed this week

Yesterday I went out and bought my Baby Memory Book (complete with HEDGEHOGS, yeah I found a book with them.. I think I might have a problem ) and so many headbands for Poppet that I think I might have subscriptions rather than issues...

Mentally I'm sad, excited, scared, but more over I am READY. She could come at anytime now. I'm hoping she decides to stick around until our appointment... I still have a bet to win!
Mel S likes this.
May 14th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Not ready. This is a really bad time for us.

I was planning on (LOL never make plans) having daycare for the kids/being well rested/all going smoothly...and in a matter of days I don't have daycare, everything is going haywire, I'm basically a single parent, and if I can sneak in a few hours a night in between everything else I do then I am lucky. And I can only now do myself about 10% of what I can normally do. So I need to figure out where to cut back.

Baby is about my last priority right now and that's gotta change.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search