Joining the...

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Wish44
  • 1 Post By bluewren

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Veteran
Bed rest club

I had posted week or so about thinking I was leaking amniotic fluid. I ended up going into labor and delivery Friday night to get checked assuming I would be fine and end up going home. Well, my amniotic fluid test came back negative but I started having some major contractions. After a shot of terbutaline and some IV fluids they slowed down but didn't stop. They sent me home but contractions continued and my dr, called in oral terbutaline to try for the weekend. At this point I was a 1 and not effaced and baby was high.

Long story short, contractions and cramping have continued so I went back to the dr yesterday for my checkup. Turns out I'm now a 2 and almost completely effaced, losing my plug, and baby's head is engaged. This would be lovely if I wasn't 33 weeks....

So it's no more work for me and trying to keep my legs crossed and this little guy in me as long as I can. My dr. Isn't thinking I'll make it much longer than a week or so...

Now I'm in a panic because there's so much to do and with a due date of July 2nd, I thought I had a few more weeks!!!! Ahhhhhhh!
May 15th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry to see this. Unfortunately, the bed rest club isn't a very fun one. I'm hoping that my doctor will release me from 24/7 bed rest at my 36 week check-up on Tuesday, but we shall see.

However, bed rest has helped me SOOOOO much! I seriously thought that after landing myself on bed rest at 30ish weeks I was going to have this baby any day, and here I am past 35 weeks! I feel better, contractions have slowed down (some days I don't even have any), and I'm much more confident in things. I hope it does the same for you!
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

May 15th, 2014, 05:10 PM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you are on bedrest, which I know can be annoying.. but probably best for you and your little one...

Enjoy the rest before all those sleepless nights...

May 15th, 2014, 06:16 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
(((Hugs))) I went on bed rest at 32 weeks -- the doctor was absolutely convinced that I wouldn't make it out of April before having the baby. But bed rest really, really helped and we're going to make it to the scheduled May 21st arrival date after all. Get comfy on the couch, start binge watching some shows on Netflix, and let everything else go -- it's super hard, but it's totally worth it if it buys your little baby a few more weeks.

And remember, if the little one is born now at 33 or 34 weeks, it will be alright -- baby is of a decent size and they'll give you some steroid injections for the lungs. There could be a short stay in NICU, but it's not like he's going to be born at 26 weeks -- he wouldn't be in for very long.

Good luck! You can do this!
May 15th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Super Mommy
Did you get the steroid shots for baby's lungs?

May 15th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Veteran
Thanks ladies! I'm hoping it'll help for sure! As a teacher, it sure threw me off because I had no plan for leaving before the school year ended! Luckily, I have some amazing coworkers!

I haven't had the steroid shots yet. They're going to see how much I have progressed on Wednesday and decide what to do. Luckily, though I'm still having a ton of contractions, they're still irregular so hopefully they'll stay that way for a few weeks!
May 15th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Super Mommy
I had the shots... One in each shoulder. Just to share, I am right handed and the left side went in way easier. It stung after it was in for about 1 min and then my arm was achy for a couple of days. My right side is my dominant side so the muscle was tougher, she had to push harder and it stung worse. But there was almost no ache the next day.

May 15th, 2014, 09:06 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by yenken05 View Post
Thanks ladies! I'm hoping it'll help for sure! As a teacher, it sure threw me off because I had no plan for leaving before the school year ended! Luckily, I have some amazing coworkers!

I haven't had the steroid shots yet. They're going to see how much I have progressed on Wednesday and decide what to do. Luckily, though I'm still having a ton of contractions, they're still irregular so hopefully they'll stay that way for a few weeks!
I am so not surprised you're a teacher and being put on bed rest. This seems to be happening a lot! The doctor has been considering it for me ever since I had to have a shot of terbutaline for contractions. We are still at the wait and see but with the ridiculous heat wave we're getting my swelling and blood pressure are ridiculous.

I hope the bed rest helps and your little one can bake longer without you getting too bored!

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
May 15th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Omg!!!! I hope you can make it to at least 34 weeks!!! At least you went in, they caught it and you are doing the best you can to get baby to stay put a bit longer! Hopefully the bed rest will help and maybe you will even get lucky and jeep him in a few more weeks! So sorry this is happening but sending good thought/prayers to you and your LO! Just one day at a tine! Hang in there!

May 16th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry things aren't going as expected - but, as the other ladies who are on bed rest have attested, it appears that it really makes a difference.

Try to find a new series on Netflix and binge watch it - that will help the days go a bit faster.

Rely on family and friends to help with the stuff you need to get done still for the little one - I am sure they will be glad to help out.

I am happy to hear you work with such great people who are willing to cover for you.

Fingers crossed you can keep this little one in for a few more weeks!
May 16th, 2014, 07:19 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad that they caught it! I hope time flies for you.
Mel S likes this.

May 16th, 2014, 07:23 AM
trusting and believing
I'm feeling hopeful for you! I bet bedrest will get you at least two more weeks, and that's an "at least" maybe even more! One of my co-workers (a teacher) went full-term with twins after being put on bedrest!

Mom to one son born December 2010 and expecting another little guy June 16, 2014!
May 16th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Veteran
Thanks ladies! We've made it through almost 2 days of bed rest so counting each day a blessing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search