Labouring Tubs...

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By Wish44
  • 1 Post By bluewren
  • 1 Post By Mel S
  • 1 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 1 Post By LUSHaye
  • 1 Post By Britt3
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie
  • 1 Post By angelsailor288
  • 2 Post By Wish44
  • 2 Post By susie_q
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit
  • 1 Post By Think4Yourself
  • 1 Post By Britt3
  • 1 Post By LShumate1010

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Super Mommy
Ok - this may be a silly question, but...

What do you wear at the hospital in the labouring tub or shower?

I won't be delivering in this tub, as we don't have that option at my hospital - but would like to try it or the shower during labour.
May 16th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have wondered the same thing. I think the tub may really help me relax. I asked during our tour and they said that you can just wear the gown if you want and change afterwards. Otherwise, people wear a long t-shirt or just a sports bra. I'll probably just wear the gown since then they will clean it and take care of it for me. Heck, by the point, I'll probably go in naked and not care who is around. I'll just want relief and this baby out!
Mel S likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

May 16th, 2014, 09:02 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I had my hospital tour with DS they said pretty much what Nicole said - gown, sports bra, long t-shirt, whatever made me feel comfortable.
Mel S likes this.

May 16th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Super Mommy
So the top half covered and bottom half easily accessible is seems, lol.

That makes me feel better - I've heard dignity goes out the door during labour, but I still couldn't picture myself completely naked in there surrounded by nurses and such...or at least I can't picture myself relaxing that way, lol.

I like the sports bra idea.
Britt3 likes this.
May 16th, 2014, 09:35 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
With DD, I didn't wear anything in the tub. It was just DH and the MW and I didn't give a crap. This time I have a friend coming and it's possible my a Dad will be there so I bought a sports bra for the occasion. I got an XL so it's not tight. Just enough to cover me.
Mel S likes this.

May 16th, 2014, 09:49 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lurking from May...I'm planning a water birth and I'm allowed to wear (or not wear) whatever makes me feel comfortable. But I'm planning on wearing a sports bra and side-tie bikini bottoms for easy on/easy off when it's time for pushing or if I decide to get out of the tub and don't want to walk around in wet bottoms.
Mel S likes this.
May 16th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
With my first, I thought for sure I'd want to be dressed the whole time.......... pffffft that went right out the window!! Even with my dad in the room sometimes! lol. I wore a tank top for a little bit, but was quickly full bloan naked in the tub. lol.

This time I will plan a sports bra, but I already hate wearing clothes lately, so I'm sure I'll be naked again. lol
Mel S likes this.

May 16th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Your birthday suit. You can wear a gown or nursing bra, but honestly you will be so focused on birthing baby that you wont even care at a certain point lol. I would just go naked. You will have to push the placenta out and Im sure you will want to do that in the tub, it can take 10-15min, so you may want to "latch" the baby on, before they take baby to cleanand weigh them. (If they let you, kind of varies)
Mel S likes this.

May 16th, 2014, 02:01 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wore a bathing suit top in the tub last time, will probably do the same this time. Before I got in the tub, I walked around in just my husbands tshirt.
Mel S likes this.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

May 16th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsailor288 View Post
I wore a bathing suit top in the tub last time, will probably do the same this time. Before I got in the tub, I walked around in just my husbands tshirt.
I now wear my DH's t-shirts to bed because I'm too cheap to buy maternity pajamas. They used to be big on me. Now I'm starting to stretch them a big....
Britt3 and Mel S like this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

May 16th, 2014, 04:38 PM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I always thought it was weird to see women birthing naked and always said "i want to be covered and not be all exposed." That's until I started getting super uncomfortable and hot. Heck, BH make me take my shirt off and make sure nothing is touching my tummy so I totally get it now.I agree with the above, whatever makes you feel comfortable, you can prepare with the tank top but don't be surprised if you end up naked.
Britt3 and Mel S like this.

May 16th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I'm planning on bringing a couple sleep bras and will wear those if I can tolerate it. I'm also considering getting a short jersey knit skirt or a swimsuit coverup skirt to wear, something light and with easy access to the business zone. I want to be able to walk around the labor area without putting too much else on.
Mel S likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

May 16th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wore a sports bra in the tub
Mel S likes this.

May 19th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_q View Post
I always thought it was weird to see women birthing naked and always said "i want to be covered and not be all exposed." That's until I started getting super uncomfortable and hot. Heck, BH make me take my shirt off and make sure nothing is touching my tummy so I totally get it now.I agree with the above, whatever makes you feel comfortable, you can prepare with the tank top but don't be surprised if you end up naked.

Before having my son I thought the same thing. I said I wouldn't be naked at all - until I'm ready to push, then I'd just be naked from the waist down... I thought there was NO way I'd want everyone there to see me naked at ALL.... but that did NOT happen. lol. I didn't care at all who saw me naked all day. lol
Mel S likes this.

May 19th, 2014, 04:09 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a sports bra on until I just got hot and uncomfortable and then was just fully nude. All modesty goes out the window in labor and it's your last thought! This time I have packed one again but probably won't wear it.
Mel S likes this.
May 20th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Super Mommy
Thank you so much ladies for the advice!

My plan this upcoming weekend is to pack my bag, right now I am making lists of what to buy...this helps a ton!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search