Poppet Watch

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By PoppetsMom
  • 1 Post By njkatc
  • 1 Post By Mel S

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2014, 07:59 PM
PoppetsMom's Avatar Veteran
It's been an interesting week. Wednesday's appointment didn't go exactly as planned. My blood pressure was a bit high so I was sent home and told to stay off my feet and come back Thursday morning. Spent the night at Mom's and followed the doctors orders. Went back Thursday morning to have it rechecked. ..... and it was even higher. I was sent to the hospital for observation and labs.

After getting settled in, my BP normalized itself. I was sent home and had some homework to do..... a 24 hour urine catch to check for proteins to help rule out preeclampsia.
Tried to drop off my homework Friday .... and scared the lab technician by having a few contractions in the waiting room and getting into the lab for my blood draw. She sent me upstairs for about an hour to monitor everything. The contractions slowly spaced themselves out to almost nonexistent. Gotta love Braxton Hicks ... I'm home and still on what amounts to modified bed rest. When I was discharged Thursday I was told by the doc that if I have any of the typical labor symptoms (water breaking, regular contractions, etc) as well as headaches, sharp pain at the top of my abdomen, or the loss of my plug to come back to the hospital and we'll be delivering.
Here we are Saturday night, every time I get out of bed I'm having contractions, but they subside shortly after laying back down. TMI warning: vaginal discharge is getting thicker but not my plug yet... although I think it may be going here very soon... We're officially on Poppet Watch. Come Sunday Morning I'll be 38 weeks.... She may decide to make her appearance a little earlier than our scheduled date on May 28th.....

At least staying in bed I have my feet and ankles back.

*****UPDATE*******
Today's appointment was my last. It went surprisingly better than last week. I am still on modified bed rest to keep my blood pressure in line. Today's check showed that my cervix is still high, no dilation or effacement. The doctor believes given everything, Poppet will actually make it to our scheduled appointment, which puts us delivering 4 days before our due date. Not too shabby. My Dad is still taking bets that I won't make it through the weekend. Only time will tell.
njkatc and Mel S like this.

Last edited by PoppetsMom; May 21st, 2014 at 08:17 PM. Reason: UPDATE
May 17th, 2014, 08:18 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Good luck!
May 17th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Veteran
Prayers for you! Gotta love when these little ones have a plan of their own
May 17th, 2014, 10:09 PM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
Good luck with everything!

May 18th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Veteran
So exciting!! Good luck!

Ellie and wife.
Mums to DS - 7 and expecting their second due Jan 7th 2015

It's A Boy!!
May 18th, 2014, 09:51 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
Can't wait to see poppet!

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
May 19th, 2014, 05:30 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!

May 19th, 2014, 09:21 AM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
Good luck!!!
PoppetsMom likes this.

May 20th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Super Mommy
Good luck with everything - I can't wait to meet her!
PoppetsMom likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search