We're a Pretty Patient Group

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By jayepink
  • 1 Post By Britt3
  • 1 Post By 2bigboys
  • 1 Post By JoannaEvelyn06
  • 1 Post By Wish44
  • 2 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit
  • 1 Post By Mel S
  • 1 Post By rachelc0
  • 1 Post By Think4Yourself
  • 1 Post By Missymoos

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2014, 11:52 AM
trusting and believing
I'm on another board where folks are all rushy rushy to have their babies, and actually trying to "manipulate" things to do so without doctor's supervision. Besides walking and sex (yeah right for me), I wouldn't attempt anything without my doctor's approval.

So good job ladies. The babies will be here soon enough!
rachelc0 and PoppetsMom like this.

Mom to one son born December 2010 and expecting another little guy June 16, 2014!
May 19th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Veteran
We tried sex just to get some bh going. I want to dilate a little before my induction on the 2nd. I was induced at 4 cm and had an easy birth with baby 2 but nothing is happening this time. Also walking and doing karate (very very low impact stuff) but that is more for the gd than to jump start labor. I feel really crampy today so I wish we would have waited, but I hope that means I won't go into my induction at less than 1 cm.
May 19th, 2014, 12:36 PM
trusting and believing
Keep walking! I really think that got me going with my first. I walked the halls a lot at my school on a Friday and by Monday my water broke. If it hadn't, I would've been induced on that Wednesday. And congrats on getting some action with your hubby. My hubby is scared he'll dent the baby's head.

Mom to one son born December 2010 and expecting another little guy June 16, 2014!
May 19th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm patient now, but only because I'm not full term. lol. Once I'm full term/37 weeks - I will be in the clear for my home birth. I'll give it some time, but I'll probably walk extra and have a little more sex and spicey foods than normal. lol
cortln likes this.

May 19th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Veteran
My hubby wan't thrilled, but I finally convinced him. Can we say awkward? And that is after being together 19 years and this is baby 3 so we are way past awkward in the bedroom. Today he just said I have def. dropped so maybe it did some good.
PoppetsMom likes this.
May 19th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am running out of patience! I start my 39th week on Thursday and with my midwife's supervision, am trying natural induction methods. I'm ready!!!!!!!
PoppetsMom likes this.
May 19th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm keeping my legs up, literally. I would really like to make it until 38 weeks, but definitely until 37 weeks. DH is out of town later this week, so baby cannot come! It's also our anniversary this coming weekend, and I'd really like to spend the 3 day weekend just the two of us since I know that time is limited. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for the little guy to get here, but I just want him to be fully developed and healthy!
PoppetsMom likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

May 19th, 2014, 07:11 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Up until today, I was doing everything I could to keep this baby in! I'm clear for my birth center birth in T minus 6 hours!! I'm a firm believer that baby will come when baby is ready and there isn't anything I can do about it. None of the natural methods do anything unless your body is ready anyway. That being said, I'm hoping to hop on DH as soon as FIL evacuates the house. Gotta get him while I still can! Sprog will be the certain death of our sex life for awhile. I'm going to ramp up my activity level now that I'm 37 weeks. Anything I can do to better Sprog's position and give him/her some time spent working on my cervix. Today that meant 2 hours at the pool with DD and now some chilaxin' on my ball
Think4Yourself and PoppetsMom like this.

May 19th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I'm only being patient because it's not June 1st yet.. that's when I've been given the thumbs up for the natural labor helpers like tea and EPO. Can't wait to see all the babies we've been waiting for!!!
PoppetsMom likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

May 20th, 2014, 06:58 AM
Super Mommy
We do have a patient group!

I am going to remain patient up until 40 weeks...but I may try some natrual ways to encourage labour to start around 39 weeks.
PoppetsMom likes this.
May 20th, 2014, 08:57 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 4 angel babies
we've just started condom-less sex again (i'm sorry but i don't make the mess, i didn't want to clean it up lmao) but i know the seman can sometimes help move things along.

otherwise walking and that's really all i'm willing to try...right now anyway.

DH is super restless and tired of waiting so he's got me up and moving all the time. after finding out today i haven't dialted at all, he says that this weekend we should be doing more house work and cleaning etc. yes it really should be done but it's his excuse to keep me moving and on my feet all day.

the doc promised if i make it to 39 weeks and at least 4cm, we will talk about inducing. so i'll just see if i can go into labor on my own (which is the plan)
PoppetsMom likes this.
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
09/03/2014 - Chemical Pregnancy
May 24th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was so proud of myself for being so patient. lol everything has been fairly easy, not too many complaints. . weeks have been flying by... then BOOM. Baby dropped down 2 days ago, I'm waddling officially.. and I am ready. Still have another few weeks to go though! The last few weeks drag by every time!
PoppetsMom likes this.

May 27th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I was convinced GingerBean was going to come early...but now that I am done work and not stressing about that I think she'll just come in her own time now. I think I'm ok with that now - esp. with the work being done - I didn't think work was causing that much stress but there is an almost 10 point difference in my blood pressure now that I'm done and while I am awkward and huge, the discomfort is a lot less than when I was commuting and sitting at a desk all day.

Now I am sort of hoping that she waits until her due date b/c it is on my dad's Bday and it would be something really sweet for him to share with his little granddaughter
Mel S likes this.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
May 27th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Super Mommy
I am overall still enjoying this pregnancy and am happy little dude is doing well - I can't help but feel that I will be pregnant until 42 weeks though, lol.

I am done work at the end of this week. Ideally he will stay put until next Friday so I have a week home to relax and organize, but any time after that he can decide to make his appearance.
May 28th, 2014, 08:40 AM
amityx7's Avatar Miracle Baby Due 6/8/14
I'm trying my best to be patient, but I'm starting to get antsy-- I'll be 39 weeks on Sunday and I really just want her to be here. My last day at work was Monday, so time seems to be going waaaayyyy slower now. Lol!

Gabrielle June 6/13/14

May 28th, 2014, 01:56 PM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
We are a patient group! I ended up going into labor and delivering my baby while 38 weeks, which is what my OB predicted (she didnt expect me to make it to my 39 week appt). Lucky guess! I was skeptical of her guesstimate because she said that based on cervical dilation/effacement. So I was totally prepared mentally to go to 42 weeks, esp since my mother delivered 2 out of 3 of her kids past their due date -- me being 1 of them of course.
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search