I look like the michelin man.....

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Regular
Is anyone else swelling like crazy?!?! Omg none of my shoes fit... not even the biggest flip flops I own. I managed to squeeze into a pair this morning, and they are soooo tight it's ridiculous. Does anyone have suggestions for comfy shoes that aren't extremely ugly? My feet are in so much pain, I can't stay on my feet for longer than like 10 minutes at a time. I need something open toe because it's hot as heck here right now.

Thanks for your help!!!
May 29th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Veteran
Well, my first suggestion would be to get your b/p checked ASAP, because a little swelling is okay, but not fitting in flip flops isn't :-P. But, if that's not it, put on a pair of socks and make the trek to walmart or target for some cheapo larger flip flops to get you through. I think that ugly is probably a forgone conclusion, but it should only be a few more weeks. I'm sorry you're so miserable. I know it's gotta hurt :-(.

-Gypsy
June 3rd, 2014, 12:12 PM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 4 angel babies
i hear ya. i've actually had to go out and buy a few pairs of new shoes because i couldn't fit into anything. concerned about the sudden and extreme swelling, i discussed it with my doctor. who said it would be a concern except my b/p was fantastic and had been throughout my entire pregnancy.

drinking lots of water can help. as well as putting your feet up above your heart as much as possible. i work at a desk so every hour or to i like to put my feet up for about 5-10min, then right after, i take a little stroll around the office. they say to get up and walk at least every hour to prevent the blood from pooling in your feet. my problem is i sit all day.

the best way to help relieve some of the pain is a nice hot bath. idk why but they work almost instantly it seems
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
09/03/2014 - Chemical Pregnancy
June 3rd, 2014, 03:45 PM
Regular
Doctor says the same thing about my blood pressure.. she says it's been great so there is no concern. Which I guess is good news for me and baby. Not so much for my feet... lol they are still getting bigger by the day, but I managed to find a wider pair of flip flops that aren't AS painful. I sit at a desk all day too, and have tried putting my feet up on a stool under my desk.. but it doesn't really seem to help. I am go grateful for my desk job, bc there is no way possible I could stand on my feet and work! Epsom salt baths are part of my daily routine!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search