We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
mixed feelings about it. i really wanted to just have my body go into labor naturally this time, but today during my appt, the doctor had expressed concern about the size of the baby (as in getting TOO BIG) and said it may be beneficial to induce THIS WEEK.
i'm not worried about inducing. did it with Keegan and everything went smoothly. just wasn't really in my plan, but then nothing in this pregnancy really has been. so induction is set for Thursday, June 5th. doc wants to start pitocin right away at 7a.
we've decided we aren't going to tell many people of the induction date until the day of. just parents and grandparents are being told beforehand because i know darn well the second SIL hears i have an induction date set, she is either going to A)demand the doc (we have the same doc) schedule hers or B) try every method under the sun to go into labor before thursday.
well. turns out every pregnant woman in the area has gone into labor over the last few days, so L&D canceled my induction. said there is no way it can be done today or tomorrow because there is just no room. they actually told me if i were to go into labor in the next day or so, i most likely wouldn't have a labor room, i would be delivering in a triage room.
the soonest they can reschedule an induction is next wednesday. which is frustrating because no body seems to remember that the whole reason we scheduled this induction was because baby is getting too big. i can't imagine how big he may get if i have to wait another six days.
The baby's growth has slowed dramatically at this stage; he's probably not gaining more than 6-8 ounces or so in a week at this point. I say you'll be fine... and this way, you are giving your body the opportunity for it to happen naturally! There is no way the doctor can even accurately tell how big baby is at this point... I really believe a lot of them use the "too big" factor as a scare tactic to get you to induce. Your baby is not too big... I'm sure he's just right and hopefully you end up with the birth experience that you initially hoped for.