How are the husbands/dads doing?

Forum: **NEW** June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree42Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2013, 11:22 AM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
How are the husbands and dads doing?

My husband was home for 3 weeks of my last pregnancy, deployed the rest of the time. He is being very attentive. The other night he came home said hi to our son Tucker, our dog, my stomach, then me...in that order LOL. We also have a security-type camera system in our son's bedroom, it gives you the option of online viewing so he can see the baby even when he isn't home. He has already started pricing add-on camera options for Baby B 2.0. I fall in love with him every day watching him with our son, I look forward to seeing him with a newborn again.

October 15th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My hubby thankfully gets to come home every night and has weekends off, unless offered overtime on saturdays, which he always takes. But hes excited. He rubs my back, and belly, yesterday he brought home a bag of chocolate and gave me first dibs before he took it to work for the other employees lol. he rubs my belly always. If Im in the kitchen cooking he will grab me and pull me in for a slow dance where he whispers the tune "were gonna have a baby were gonna have a baby" LOL he plans to take a week off after we have the baby. Hes already starting to plan funding for everything we need. Hes working his butt off lol. He also "feeds" into my cravings, and lets me pick out what I want lol.

Last edited by moxiemommie; October 15th, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
October 15th, 2013, 11:40 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I think he thinks he's pregnant too He's very excited, but every time I mention not feeling well or being tired, he starts in about how rough his day was and how exhausted he is or how he isn't feeling great either. I think he thinks I'm just being whiney about it all.
Justjessie and ~~MeeMee~~ like this.

October 15th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH is very reserved right now. He loves babies and we were so happy to get pregnant so quickly but we were devasted by the m/c. So he just keeps saying he isn't getting his hopes up :/ he wants to wait to see the dr. In a few months if everything goes as planned he will be over the moon. He always is.
moxiemommie likes this.

October 15th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicMama View Post
I think he thinks he's pregnant too He's very excited, but every time I mention not feeling well or being tired, he starts in about how rough his day was and how exhausted he is or how he isn't feeling great either. I think he thinks I'm just being whiney about it all.
I just told my husband on the phone that I'm exhausted. He said he was, too. Seriously buddy? I have something sucking the life out of me. What's your excuse?

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

October 15th, 2013, 12:31 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
My DH is getting on my nerves. He's already complaining about how much this pregnancy is dragging on him. That's right, HIM. I'm going to have to sit him down and explain to him how this works.

October 15th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
My DH is doing great. The other day he attempted to rub my belly. I had to stop him because at this point, its just left over Ava fat. lol. He keeps insisting its a girl. To me, its a boy. I can't wait until the anatomy scan so that this gender argument can be put to rest!
Britt3, ~~MeeMee~~ and moxiemommie like this.
October 15th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetria View Post
My DH is doing great. The other day he attempted to rub my belly. I had to stop him because at this point, its just left over Ava fat. lol. He keeps insisting its a girl. To me, its a boy. I can't wait until the anatomy scan so that this gender argument can be put to rest!
yes I cant wait until the gender scan, he keeps saying maybe its a girl, maybe its a girl, and I dont want him to get his hopes up. Its not my fault he keeps throwing Y's!!!! LOL (its just my fault that I keep catching the y's lol)
Britt3, mrsdaiwa24 and Demetria like this.

October 15th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiemommie View Post
Its not my fault he keeps throwing Y's!!!! LOL (its just my fault that I keep catching the y's lol)

Aaaah that is too funny!!! I think that he is hoping its a boy so that we can try again for a boy. Notttttt gonna happen, he works during the day, 4 is enough, I can't handle 5 kids alone during the work hours.
moxiemommie likes this.
October 15th, 2013, 01:03 PM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
My husband has been AMAZING. He's really involved (as much as he can be. He works a lot- 12 hour shifts) but he's so excited. He constantly asks how I feel, how I'm doing. He even reads up online at "weekly developments" to see what's going on with the baby.

I admit, sometimes he's so involved and excited that he can get..... overprotective? I enjoyed it the first few weeks, but sometimes I have to remind him that I'm pregnant, not hopeless. I can carry groceries in the house, really. They're not THAT heavy.

But overall, I'm super lucky that he's involved in it.
moxiemommie likes this.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 15th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I'm so glad I'm not the only woman here whose husband is having a rough go of it. It's so hard to deposit sperm and then do nothing for 9 months.

If I say I'm nauseated, he is MORE nauseated.

If I say my boobs are sore, something on him hurts, too.

If I say I'm tired, he's MORE tired. (Because we both work full time but I get home long before him and continue to cook/clean/run after 3 kids and a puppy by myself for 3 hours before he gets there.)

It annoys me to no end, because yes, normal people can have exhaustion and nausea..but if I weren't pregnant I'd suck it up and work through it because I could. They don't know when you are pregnant, you can't suck it up. Its there to stay and it's BAD!!!

He lets me rest a lot but I never hear the end of how hard this is on him. And when I'm awake, I'm picking up after everyone. When he is awake, he plays Madden and watches TV. So it's a real hard life.

Also he stays up until 2:30 am watching TV and playing MAdden so when the puppy is up at 7 on weekends I have to get up with her, because he is too tired because he went to bed 6 hours after me. (And she is MY pup...but I would love to sleep for a long long time right now.)

Ah thanks for letting me get that off my chest!!!
Demetria likes this.
October 15th, 2013, 02:34 PM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justjessie View Post
I'm so glad I'm not the only woman here whose husband is having a rough go of it. It's so hard to deposit sperm and then do nothing for 9 months.

If I say I'm tired, he's MORE tired. (Because we both work full time but I get home long before him and continue to cook/clean/run after 3 kids and a puppy by myself for 3 hours before he gets there.)

It annoys me to no end, because yes, normal people can have exhaustion and nausea..but if I weren't pregnant I'd suck it up and work through it because I could. They don't know when you are pregnant, you can't suck it up. Its there to stay and it's BAD!!!

He lets me rest a lot but I never hear the end of how hard this is on him. And when I'm awake, I'm picking up after everyone. When he is awake, he plays Madden and watches TV. So it's a real hard life.

Also he stays up until 2:30 am watching TV and playing MAdden so when the puppy is up at 7 on weekends I have to get up with her, because he is too tired because he went to bed 6 hours after me. (And she is MY pup...but I would love to sleep for a long long time right now.)

Aw dang Angela, I'm so sorry! That sucks so bad. Was he like that with your previous pregnancies, too? *big hugs*
moxiemommie likes this.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 15th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:

Yeah that would be very difficult to deal with. Im so sorry he's like that.

October 15th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
My DP has been amazing! He's been so helpful with everything. He cooks all the time, has been doing the dishes more often, did ALL the laundry yesterday before I even got home from work (he works nights and sleeps while I work). He lets me pick what we have for dinners, and he has surprised me with candy a time or two. lol. He has kissed my belly once, and I catch him trying to non-chalantly rub it sometimes too. It's sweet to watch him get extra sweet and outgoing about it all, because he's normally very reserved with these things.

Oh and- yesterday he let me cook dinner and made it a purpose to stay out of the kitchen. He knew how lazy I was feeling lately since I've barely cooked dinners and I nap all the time! lol. He started to stir dinner while it was cooking and he said, "oops! I'm sorry!" and ran out. lol.

October 15th, 2013, 04:32 PM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
Add my husband to the "thinks baby is a girl" club. I called Tucker Baby B (B for our last name) throughout his pregnancy, now my husband is calling this baby Baby SHE. LOL
moxiemommie likes this.

October 15th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Regular
Even thiugh im still in shock too, I havent been able to get much out of him. I know he is being very supportive i just dont know if he is scared or what. I guess time will tell? I know hes goingnto be an amazing father. we just have to relax and let the news of our baby sink in a little more. :-)
October 15th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so glad to hear how great your other half's are treating you all - we are a lucky bunch.

My husband has been great - he is very excited for all of the appointments and to welcome the little one in June. Currently he is trying to come up with the perfect nickname for the little one, and I know from there he will come up with little songs for it too, lol.

Oh - he's also excited to have a 'Designated Driver' - I remind him that his 'Designated Driver' goes to bed at 10 though, lol. .lol.
mrsdaiwa24 and ~~MeeMee~~ like this.
October 15th, 2013, 05:24 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
My husband is very old-school when it comes to this stuff. He's not a very active participant in the whole childbearing/raising process. But then, every now and then, he surprises me with stuff -- like all of a sudden, he wants to go with to Betsy's parent-teacher conference tomorrow. So I don't really know. He was very hands-off during Betsy's early years but told me over the summer that he regretted that. We'll see if he is really intent on being more active this time around.
moxiemommie likes this.
October 15th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
My first two kids aren't his...he wasn't like this with Jessica though, or the one before that (we lost that one). He actually just went to bed...I HAD to stay up late to eat and now my kids won't stop showing me videos of cats =)
moxiemommie likes this.
October 16th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Quote:

Mine use to come home from work and fall asleep on the floor. Yes I stay at home, but I also spend a lot of time sewing, and cleaning, cooking, taking care of the kids, etc. my work does not end at 4 or 5 pm. Sooooo now that we have moved closer to his job, every time he gets home, I retreat to the bedroom, get in bed and turn on the tv. Sometimes I even leave him a little something to clean and the kids are his (especially the 4yr old and the toddler since the 9yr old pretty much does his own thing) until its their bedtime!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search