Aaaarrrrrrgh I feel like I'm sounding like a broken record

Forum: **NEW** June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes
  • 2 Post By Wish44
  • 2 Post By BuckeyeGal23
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama
  • 4 Post By RunningMommyTo5
  • 3 Post By susie_q
  • 2 Post By RunningMommyTo5
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie
  • 2 Post By mrs_zipre
  • 2 Post By LivyLove
  • 2 Post By AtomicMama
  • 2 Post By AllyTales

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2013, 06:26 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I swear to all that is good in this world.

This is how the convo went with my bf last night (I'm working in Philly for work over Halloween which is about an hour and a half drive from where I live):

bf: so (our mutual friend) thinks we should just get a group of us together after you're done working and go to the haunted trail in philly. We can drink before going out.
me: okay, I should be done around 5 so y'all can come up and pre-party and I can be DD depending on how many people want to come.
bf: are you going to be drinking?
me: pending that I'm still pregnant then, no
bf: oh.

So is he just taking the denial route? Sometimes he mentions it and is sweet and kind, other times this. We had a talk when I got home about it, I told him although a lot can happen in the upcoming weeks, I cannot terminate, that I hope he has an active role in my life and in this baby's life but if I have to do it alone, I will. So we'll have to see how things go from here. He was super quiet afterwards and didn't mention it again the rest of the evening, we just watched a movie and that was it. So annoyed right now though.

October 16th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry! Be strong! Praying for you!
moxiemommie and susie_q like this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

October 16th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is extemely frusterating. I think he does not want to deal with reality. And you could be right, he may not be ready to be a Dad. Or he could be like most Dads and just needs to take some time for it to sink in. To some, its not a reality until the baby is there. If your relationship is strong in other aspects, even if you dont always agree, but make a point of getting through the hard times, I think you will be fine. Babies, while its exciting and you love them to peices, do add stress. It wont always be easy, but as long as you love each other and are truely committed, you really can get through anything. I understand wanting an answer though. Its hard to know how to plan anything if they absolutely refuse to talk about it, but at this point I wouldnt push him, just give him a month or so before possibly bringing up the conversation again and see where he stands.

I wish you the very best Lots of prayers and good wishes

October 16th, 2013, 07:09 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Hugs! That would be hard. How long have you been togehter? I know a pregnancy can be hard for anyone to adjust to, especially if you weren't expecting it! I hope he can come to terms with it and doesn't leave you alone. But good for you standing up for yourself and your baby!

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011
October 16th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal23 View Post
Hugs! That would be hard. How long have you been togehter? I know a pregnancy can be hard for anyone to adjust to, especially if you weren't expecting it! I hope he can come to terms with it and doesn't leave you alone. But good for you standing up for yourself and your baby!
Only six months. So, suuuper surprise baby. I tried telling him last night that although I don't want a baby right now, I can't terminate, and that's a really weird place to be mentally.

October 16th, 2013, 07:43 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
October 16th, 2013, 07:48 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Oh goodness! I think you worded your side perfectly. I hope after he has some time to let it sink in, he will get on board If not, I know you will be AMAZING on your own!

I understand the mentality of, I don't want this right now, but I can't terminate, I can't change this. It's hard and confusing, and even more so when you have a partner who doesn't seem to understand that.
susie_q likes this.

October 16th, 2013, 08:12 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm so sorry. However, I applaud you for being strong and firm in your stance. You were very clear in what your intentions are and there is absolutely no ambiguity there. Kudos to you for saying that! I understand what you are saying. We were not prepared for a 5th. I don't believe in abortion as I believe babies are a true gift from God and if God creates the life, then He will also provide the means to take care of the child (even if it's not through the birth parents). So, in the end, it's praying daily for God to help me fully embrace this pregnancy and blessing.

It will work out. I will keep you in my prayers! I can't imagine not having my DH fully on board, so I know that must add another element of hurt for you. Praying he comes around, but even if he doesn't, God has equipped you to care this precious miracle! Be encouraged that no, it won't be easy, but God chose you to be this child's mother and He has a special purpose for BOTH of you in this circumstance!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 16th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Thank you for letting me vent ladies and being so sweet. This on top of hormones has made the past few weeks kinda rough but y'all have been an amazing support system so far and I'm very grateful for that.

Hopefully this will all pass soon so all my posts aren't the same

October 16th, 2013, 08:37 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_q View Post
Thank you for letting me vent ladies and being so sweet. This on top of hormones has made the past few weeks kinda rough but y'all have been an amazing support system so far and I'm very grateful for that.

Hopefully this will all pass soon so all my posts aren't the same
This is what I love about DDCs. This is what we're here for. Never apologize for needing support!!! We are always here for you! Share and vent anytime you need to.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 16th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that is quite a surprise after only 6 months. With our first, I fell pregnant VERY quickly too. It wasnt ideal, but we could not terminate and really believe it was a blessing. I still believe that. We started seeing each other a month prior in march, started dating 4/18/09 found out we were pregnant 5/13/09. (I wasnt suppose to be able to get pregnant, long story) Hopefully he will settle into the role and get more comfortable with the reality of being a Dad. He may still be somewhat in shock, since it was so unexpected.
susie_q likes this.

October 16th, 2013, 08:43 AM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
I certainly hope he comes around to the idea of this pregnancy.

October 16th, 2013, 08:51 AM
LivyLove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you are extremely brave for not terminating. Hopefully he comes around. It's a shock but thats no reason not to be supportive.

Hugs!
TTC #3 since Oct 2012
*Thinking of my angel babies 10/13 & 1/14*
October 16th, 2013, 08:54 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
No matter what happens, you can always vent here It's what we're here for!

October 16th, 2013, 09:16 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicMama View Post
No matter what happens, you can always vent here It's what we're here for!
This! I'm so sorry things are a bit rocky. I imagine with just 6 months together, he's probably still shocked. And his head may not be in it like yours is. Hopefully with some time, he will come around though.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search