Still nursing?

Forum: **NEW** June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MommaHarvey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2013, 09:54 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Who is still nursing? What are your hopes/plans/goals/prior experiences?

DD still nurses briefly about twice a day. I'm ready for her to be done but she's not. M/s is making it hard. I'm able to tell her I'm not feeling well but she still keeps asking. Weanin probably won't be hard at this point but it seems like effort. I don't want her to resent the new baby over nursing but I have little interest in tandem nursing and dealing with boob jealousy. Not sure what I'm going to do ...

October 20th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm still nursing my 23 month old at least 3-4 times a day plus through out the night. We have an appt with her ped next month I'm going to ask for advice
October 20th, 2013, 11:39 AM
You ladies are so lucky. I wish I was still nursing...or was able to even make it past 8 months with Molly. I had to work and have always had supply issues (with both children.) Since this is my last, I will let nothing (now that im a stay at home mom) get in the way of full time nursing for as long as the baby wants. I think tandem nursing would be hard on the body so I can see why you would want to avoid that. Just wait for her to decide though, chances are she will wean easily as the pregnancy progresses.
October 20th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Still nursing my 11mo and slowly weaning from pumping at work. I definitely need to make it at least one more month to reach my goal of EBF for a year. DS is also eatings solidas , but he is a total boob man too. I plan on letting him self wean. So there is a chance I will be tandem nursing at some point.
FoxyMolly3 likes this.

October 20th, 2013, 03:55 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I exclusively breastfed Noah until he was 3 months old then i got hand foot and mouth - i was pretty much out of action for 2 weeks, Alan gave me Noah when he was hungry then left me to sleep it off, unfortunately the hfm left me with really sore cracked skin (nips) so nursing Noah hurt like a ***** - thats when Alan gave him a bottle for the first time, and then i got mastitis - so Noah got another bottle and before i knew it my supply had gone way down. I was able give him his first and last feeds of the day until he reached 6 months then i stopped - it just wasnt working out for just 2 feeds a day.
I am hoping to be able to exclusively bf this new baby until he/she gets to 6 months but i know how fecking tough/exhausting it is so if i can only bf for a few months then its better than not even trying at all.

...and baby number 2
October 20th, 2013, 04:06 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Still nursing my two year old. Not sure how Im going to wean him yet, but my nipples are getting sore

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

October 20th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I guess, technically, I'm still nursing my 2yo. She nurses about 2-3 times a month is all at this point.

October 21st, 2013, 07:58 PM
Veteran
im still nursing my 11 month old sadly i go back to work soon so if can i may just switch it to morning and night time feedingss

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 21st, 2013, 09:09 PM
Still nursing my momma's boy. He will be 1 on Saturday! I can't wean my poor baby..he loves nursing. I plan to go as long as I can. I hope all goes well and I can continue to nurse.
Wish all the nursing mommies well
October 22nd, 2013, 04:59 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I wish I were still nursing my sweet girl I had to wean to get my cycle back on track during TTC. The month that she was completely weaned was the month I got my BFP, she still talks about nursing but doesn't actually attempt too.
October 27th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still nursing here as well. 1 year on 11/20.. no plans to stop but I really would rather not nurse both after baby is here but who knows

October 27th, 2013, 03:06 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just weaned Nicholas a couple nights ago. It went WAY better than I expected. He was angry for sure, but not upset. And he seems to be over it. My boobs were hurting way too much to continue. He would nurse nonstop all night

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search