Manicures/Pedicures?

Forum: **NEW** June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By epsilonbeta
  • 2 Post By mrsdaiwa24
  • 1 Post By Marissa's Mommy
  • 1 Post By MarchMom2007

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
For those that partake...will you stay away from these for the 1st tri or for the remainder of your pregnancy, if at all?

My biggest concern is the fungus factor, while my nail bar is very clean, and you can't even smell the fumes....I always have anxiety over getting some sort of funky toe nail fungus!

I will be doing my own at home until after I deliver although I may splurge towards the end of pregnancy and get a pedicure before I go in to have the babe!
October 27th, 2013, 10:49 AM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
As long as the place is clean I don't have a problem getting mani/pedis still. They're rare for me, but as long as the place is clean I'm not too worried.
Demetria likes this.

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
October 27th, 2013, 02:20 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I won't be getting a pedicure any time soon, but that's not because I'm in my first tri -- it's officially closed toe shoe time so I won't waste the money on getting my toes painted. If it was spring time I would.

I'm not a manicure person, so that one doesn't apply. I'd do some research before getting those no-chip manicures though -- make sure the chemicals are safe before you get one.
Demetria and TLS 620 like this.
October 27th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
I probably will continue to get manicures and then pedis again when spring is here again. The only thing I would probably refrain from is the pedicure massage in 3rd trimester.
Demetria likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
October 27th, 2013, 03:49 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I have only ever had one mani/pedi in my life, but I really loved it. I think I will likely spring for at least a pedi once this little one is close to my due date.
Demetria likes this.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search