Worried and anxious

Forum: **NEW** June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Regular
I'm having a pretty good amt of pain in my back and abdomen. I'm afraid something is going wrong. My bloodwork (hcg #'s) haven't been climbing like they are supposed to. Doctor said last week to just try to relax and hope for the best. I don't have an appointment/ultrasound until 11/6. I'm not sure how to relax at this point. I've had spotting throughout the pregnancy, but no bleeding at this time. Any advice?
October 29th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I would say if you are having pain to go to the ER, or call you ob and let them know you are having pain. See if you can get an ultrasound to rule out ectopic just to be on the safe side. Hope it turns out just fine hun!

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
October 29th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree to call your ob and explain about the pain, see if they can get you in!

October 29th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Regular
I have bothered them so much lately. I'm just afraid of annoying them. I know that shouldn't matter. My first ultrasound was last wed 11/23. The doctor expected me to show around 8 or 9 weeks bc of my hcg levels. However, when I had the u/s it dated me at 5w5d. They were surprised to have me be this early. I haven't had periods in about 9 months, so it's hard to date it by period. I opened my patient portal, and the doc wrote in my chart threatened miscarriage. I don't know what to think at this point.
October 29th, 2013, 11:20 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'd call again and explain how you are feeling. They may not want to have you in for an u/s until next week (which is when yours is scheduled anyway) because there still may not be a lot to show at this point. However, if you are having increased pain, I would definitely see if it's possible.

October 29th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I would go to the ER. I know it sounds extreme and there are people that abuse the ER system but if you are in pain and having spotting you need some answers that your doctor apparently can't or aren't willing to provide. I went to the ER for my brown spotting issue which is constant and still going on, they gave me an ultrasound and the answers that I needed. And when I called my OB about it the nurse insisted that I go! As a matter of fact she called me back the next day to make sure I had went.
moxiemommie likes this.
October 29th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Regular
Thanks ladies. <3 I called doc. They are going to call me back. I am hoping soon.
October 29th, 2013, 04:55 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
(((Hugs)))

Any update? Thinking of you!
October 29th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Regular
Doctor had me describe the pains. Their office couldn't see me today, but strongly felt its not related to miscarriage. I'm not sure how they can determine this over the phone? Seriously, sometimes I feel as though I'm going crazy lately. They think maybe its kidney related. I opted not to go to the ER. I'm going to try to get into my fam doctor tomorrow to have a urinalysis done.
thanks so much for talking me through this and caring! You ladies are so sweet!
Demetria likes this.
October 29th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Keep us posted, I hope everything is ok and its just a case of it being all in your mind, worried about the pregnancy!! And that all is well with the baby also!
October 29th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Regular
Thank you again!!
October 29th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Veteran
Good luck. I spotted like crazy with my now 9 year old.
October 29th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Super Mommy
I hope all ends up being OK. It can be a stressful time - but try to stay positive and calm as much as possible - as hard as that can be, it's good for you and baby.
TLS 620 likes this.
October 30th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Regular
Thank you. I'm trying to stay relaxed. It is hard. Its going to be a longgggg week until my ultrasound
October 30th, 2013, 03:33 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Just wanted to add, I spotted a bunch, and had some horrible cramping with my now 6 year old son. I was absolutely convinced that I was loosing the baby. I was positive I could feel my cervix opening and I thought for sure this was it early on, but he is alive and well now. Crossing my fingers for you that all is well.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
October 30th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Regular
March Mom...thank you soooo much!! I feel that exact same way!! I know the doctor just wants me to relax. I absolutely cannot though. I have tried everything. With every visit to the bathroom and every pain, I get more and more afraid. I pray my story turns out just like yours!! <3 I'm hoping after the u/s on the 6th to relax because everything is OK! However, I'm terrified to go! I don't want bad news either. I cherish every pregnancy symptom...praying they mean I still have a healthy little baby growing inside of me!
October 30th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Keep us posted, I hope you can get in today! I cant believe I missed the updates! Praying for a healthy little one!

October 30th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Regular
Thanks ��
October 30th, 2013, 08:15 AM
AmyGail's Avatar Super Mommy
I am in the same boat with you and it sucks. I am waiting on hcg results and it is about to drive me insane. I am hoping for the best for you and a healthy pregnancy.
October 30th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyGail View Post
I am in the same boat with you and it sucks. I am waiting on hcg results and it is about to drive me insane. I am hoping for the best for you and a healthy pregnancy.
Doesn't it seem as though everything is taking FOREVER?? It's just waiting, waiting, waiting. I feel as though I've lost all sense of patience. My hcg results weren't good. I'm praying all is well with you, and you get some results ASAP!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search