OT kinda: job possibliity

Forum: **NEW** June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By epsilonbeta

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I work for a mulit specialty clinic in my town. Right now I run the reception desk for our Chemo/Oncology dept. The public hospital across the street is opening a cancer center in November or
December, and the talk is that they will absorb my dept into their facility. They have done this in the past with other parts of clinics in our area, and when they do they take the Dr's and Nurses with them, but not the reception staff. I know that if that happens I can be moved to another dept, but there is never a guarantee that I would still have a job. So I'm being proactive and have applied for a transfer to a position in the Audiology dept. I was actually approached by the supervisor of this dept and asked to apply so I think my chances are pretty good. Especially since I spilled the baby beans before I even knew she was about to tell me about the job. I meet with the Audiologist on Friday to see if he thinks that we would work well together since I would work directly for him. It seems like a really neat job where I would be dealing with insurance, payment posting, setting up term payments for things like hearing aids, helping with hearing test, making ear molds, and eventually learning some minor repair stuff for hearing devices. I really have my fingers crossed that I get along well with the Dr on Friday and that I am offered the job. I am also hoping that my boss agrees to the transfer. I kinda feel like I will be abandoning ship with my dept family though.

The on topic part of this is this. When I was told about the job the supervisor really stressed that if I wanted the job I needed to be willing to stick it out for the long haul. She was very concerned about if I would be coming back to work after maternity leave. I assured her that I was coming back because that is the plan for now. However if DH gets a job with good insurance sometime in the near future I wouldn't need to work because I would just be working for daycare costs. So I really may end up staying at home at some point. I really hope I didn't do wrong by telling her what I did since I don't really have any certainty as to what the future holds.

October 31st, 2013, 06:22 AM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
What you said is just fine especially because pregnancy is NOT supposed to be taken into consideration for hiring. My mum worked HR for years and years and asking or talking about possible pregnancy was a BIG no no. You have to do what's right by your family in all of this.
AtomicMama likes this.

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
October 31st, 2013, 07:42 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
First, that sounds like a wonderful opportunity!! My BFF is an audiologist and loves it And it sounds like you wouldn't have to worry about the stress of moving or hoping for a transfer. I really hope you get it!!

As far as telling them you are coming back, I don't think you did anything wrong at all. Right now, that is absolutely your plan. Like you said, you can't forsee the circumstances, you don't know when things will change.

October 31st, 2013, 09:00 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies, you did noting wrong, and want to wish you GL you get the new job!

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search