Morning sickness or food poisoning

Forum: **NEW** June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rabbitranch
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2013, 07:07 AM
Veteran
Last night we went out for Japanese and I ate my soup salad and just a few bites of my actual meal. When we got home I felt like my stomach muscles were sore. Kinda like right after I throw up. This went on for an hour then I finally threw up. I felt like my dinner was hanging out in my throat all night. Today I have kept to crackers and sprite because I don't know if it is food poisoning or the start if morning sickness. If that was the start of morning sickness it hit hard and fast. We all basically had the same thing and I'm the only one that got sick, but my morning sickness has always started with lots of nausea not like this.
What do you think?

Mommy of two Boys
Expecting Baby Boy #3!!

Angel in Heaven 7/2013
October 31st, 2013, 07:29 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
We all had food poisoning on Christmas Eve last year and there was no mistaking it. Extreme vomiting, severe cramps, whole body aches. It was horrible. Hopefully that's not what you have! Maybe your body was just sensitive to something, I know right now I get sick if I eat anything with potatoes or cinnamon.
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
October 31st, 2013, 08:35 AM
Veteran
Now I am stressed out because I had a small amount of brown spotting today. I hope it was just because I was straining hard to throw up last night. Now I am a wreck until tomorrow morning when I go to the dr. I wish I could stay off my feet the rest of the day but dh is working a 24 hour shift and I have to take the kids trick or treating.

Mommy of two Boys
Expecting Baby Boy #3!!

Angel in Heaven 7/2013
October 31st, 2013, 10:33 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm sorry about the throwing up and the spotting. There is absolutely no mistaking food poisoning. You will be violently ill, for lack of a better way to describe it. It has an incubation period, too, so it's unlikely that it would be anything you ate that day unless you were just sensitive to it. Typically, you'd need to look at what you ate 2-3 days before if it were in fact food poisoning, and then anyone else who ate the same thing would be ill also.

Is it possible that it could be a virus? There are several going around in our area right now.

I hope you feel better soon. It does sound like the spotting could be related to the straining to throw up given the timing. However, if you're running a fever and continue to throw up, you should definitely give your dr a call today to make them aware. I pray that you have no more issues with this!
moxiemommie likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 31st, 2013, 11:04 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Wow, that sounds brutal, how are you feeling now? I have had food poisoning and yes like the other ladies said, there is no mistaking that feeling! How is your brown spotting? I guess I don't really need to tell you that brown is better than red since its old and nothing new, but I hope you are feeling much better now. Hugs!
October 31st, 2013, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are so sick and that you spotted a bit. I agree that you are probably sensitive to something. Im the same way. It depends, but right now almost anything with tomato sauce, like pasta, or sausage, instantly over the bowl. You could be sensitive to the miso, thats typically in both salad dressing and of course miso soup. I hope you get to feeling better. I wouldnt worry too much about the brown spotting if its in very small amounts and doesnt continue for an exteneded period of time. Hopefully its stopped. I know its easier said than done, I recently had a crazy spotting episode that scared me so I understand the worry. Thankfully you have a dr apt and hopefully that will ease your mind! *hugs*

October 31st, 2013, 07:15 PM
Veteran
I had violent food poisoning from a Japanese restaurant which appeared before I even got home. Not pretty! So my vote is food poisoning. I had tons of brown spotting with my first and several times with my second. They never found the reason. I assumed it was normal for me until this time when I have had none. Both the spotting babies are in bed and sugared out right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search