What are you mommas able to keep down?

Forum: **NEW** June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By newmommysarah
  • 1 Post By Mommy2JH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2013, 03:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The first week I had an appetite and was eating anything and everything then nausea kicked in and all I can stomach is ginger ale, and an occasional cracker...

I had it all planned to be doing healthy nutrient sense smoothies and eating healthy, now all I can do is drink some Vernors and eat a couple crackers. My first pregnancy was no where near this nauseating... I am debating on trying juicing or maybe just stick with some herbal tea to get vitamins and minerals...

What are you mommas eating?
November 2nd, 2013, 04:17 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Toast, bananas, apples, fresh green beans, soups, frozen fruits

Not much else. I'm focusing on getting through this having done my best to keep down what I can. I have to eat something about every hour or I get into a funk where I can't keep anything down. I munch on pieces of bread during the night or else I spend the night dry heaving.

November 2nd, 2013, 05:50 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I can eat rice a roni, hot dogs, vegetables and fruits, and chicken noodle soup with no meat. Crackers are fine and I drink vitamin water and regular water when I can. I don't mind a cup of coffee some days, either.

My choices are few =(
November 3rd, 2013, 07:28 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Fruit and saltines

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

November 3rd, 2013, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It varies day to day, but I cannot eat canned tomatoes, tomato sauce/pasta sauce, yuck. Lately I have been sticking to bread, and toast. I ate some hawaiian bbq yesterday, and I kept it down. The only thing Ive really noticed is heartburn is setting in. I was thinking I might get away with minimal hb, but I had terrible heart burn with both boys so its to be expected lol.

November 3rd, 2013, 08:45 AM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
It depends on the day and the meal. I CANNOT handle the smell of chickeny chicken. If that makes sense....

This morning I was able to keep down eggs and toast with honey. Dry toast is usually good. So is lemonade.

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
November 3rd, 2013, 03:23 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Bread and meat products are going down pretty easily right now. Cheerios sounded good this evening, so I had a big old bowl of them, and then started gagging. I just can't quite figure out what I need. Sweets are definitely off the menu though. Anything sweet makes my mouth taste horrible.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 3rd, 2013, 03:26 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMom2007 View Post
Bread and meat products are going down pretty easily right now. Cheerios sounded good this evening, so I had a big old bowl of them, and then started gagging. I just can't quite figure out what I need. Sweets are definitely off the menu though. Anything sweet makes my mouth taste horrible.
Could it be the milk with the cheerios? I had a big bowl of fiber one cereal last week and that set me off, then I drank a glass of milk and that set me off. I'm starting to become wary of milk.

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
November 3rd, 2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilonbeta View Post
Could it be the milk with the cheerios? I had a big bowl of fiber one cereal last week and that set me off, then I drank a glass of milk and that set me off. I'm starting to become wary of milk.
Ooooh, I didn't think of that! I have been craving milk like crazy, but it was quite a bit of milk with the cereal. I drank all of the milk that was left in the bowl too. I will have to do some experimenting with that.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 3rd, 2013, 03:53 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far i have only found 3 things that work -
Toast with butter
Mini icecreams - plain vanilla flavour
Mc Donalds double cheese burgers

I have to eat every 1-2 hours but it has to be something small or im sick Im trying not to eat junk but i just cant keep fruit or veggies down, most of the time im living on bread and ice water
moxiemommie likes this.

...and baby number 2
November 3rd, 2013, 05:29 PM
I also have realized I need to eat much smaller meals than normal but more frequently. I am bringing a ton of snacks to stash in my desk at work tomorrow. Now if only I could figure out what sounds appetizing hours in advance. Sigh...

November 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM
Summerthyme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
bagels with cream cheese are my go to right now, tortilla chips (plain), cinnamon toast (with little or no sugar), cheese raviolis with a little olive oil and salt...anything really plain. Sweet things are not agreeing with me at all. I have drank a cup of coffee everyday for years and I never thought that I could go a day without...well, with this pregnancy I cannot stomach it! I had to stop drinking it a little over a week ago.
November 3rd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Veteran
I cannot stand drinking water right now!! I usually love a glass of ice water with lemon but even the thought of drinking water makes me gag. How weird is that?
epsilonbeta likes this.

Mommy of two Boys
Expecting Baby Boy #3!!

Angel in Heaven 7/2013
November 3rd, 2013, 10:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm to the point of only being able to eat one meal a day and the test of what I consume is ginger ale....

This is for the birds...
November 4th, 2013, 06:19 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Not much

I do okay with a bagel and cream cheese in the morning, which would be okay except that I'm supposed to be off gluten.

Other than that, I'm been throwing up about everything. Coffee is the worst (but yet, I keep drinking it?), I can't stomach it at all, especially black, which is how I like it best. I've been craving apple cider, but it just makes my mouth hurt and my stomach churn, so I have to stop drinking that. And candy/sugar is rough on my stomach, too. So is meat. Soup makes me gag, for some reason.

Basically, I haven't found much that works okay. Fresh veggies seem to be okay, but I can't put anything on them. And not tomatoes, carrots, or celery. Pretty much just broccoli and cauliflower are fine on my stomach. I did have a salad the other day that was good, too. I might have to start focusing more on salads with oil/citrus dressings.

November 4th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep, I also had grand plans of eating healthy throughout my pregnancy (along with working out). Ha! I'm in survival mode, whatever I can stomach, I eat. My list is short:

-bagels
-crackers
-grapes
-waffles
-McDonalds french fries

Yep, aside from grapes that list is terrible. I tried eating a banana with my breakfast. I couldn't do it. Yuck!

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

November 4th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
toast with peanut butter. grilled cheese (and now a major craving). and chili spaghetti (cincinnati chili). As of right now, that's been about it lately. :-/ Not the healthiest, but better than puking all day!!

November 4th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Regular
My list is short on what I can eat... my stomach hates food at the moment. But i havent thrown up just have had that im gunna puke feeling but never do. I guess im pretty fortunate with that.

Expecting my first baby in June 2014!! Excited to meet my little girl Rorie Mae!!
November 4th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Since I started take the medicine to stop the vomiting and nausea I've been able to eat and keep it done. Which has been soo nice.

November 4th, 2013, 01:24 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I haven't thrown up, just some nausea, but there are lots of foods that are a turnoff or make me feel really yucky. Right now Raisin Bran Crunch is my best best friend and I like pasta if the sauce with it is something mild. String cheese is okay, too.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search