OT - lasagna recipe

Forum: **NEW** June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By rabbitranch
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2013, 06:26 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I'm not a huge cook (I can bake all day long but cooking? not so much!) but I tried this recipe today for lasagna and it was amazing! I assembled it in the morning and stuck it in the fridge and then it baked up great come dinner time. It doesn't have ricotta so even picky eaters will probably like it. Just wanted to share!

The Best Lasagna. Ever. | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond

Oh, I don't like sausage so I left that out, but nobody felt like it was missing anything. It was just yumminess!

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
November 9th, 2013, 03:36 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
That looks great! I have never used cottage cheese in my lasagne, but might try it. I know my SO and my DS would both shudder at the thought, but it does say you can't even tell it is there, so I might give it a whirl.

We have such a hard time coming up with dinners during the week, and I have been thinking of having 3-4 things in the freezer that I can just grab and stick in the oven, I might try to make one of these and freeze it. I just need to buy some pans that can go straight from the freezer to the oven.

Thanks for sharing!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 9th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, Im totally adding to this, its way more up your alley heidi, but NOT mine. Im a terrible baker. Okay, not terrible, I like to use the term "pie crust challenged." When I follow recipes, things come out great, UNLESS its pie crust. Im fairly good at cookies, I can make a cake, but cant ice it to save my life with out it coming out looking like the kids made it. Made df a bday cake once and he laughed... at the cake that took me forever... ugg! But Im going to make this for thanksgiving! Im pretty good with fillings and graham cracker crust is a no-brainer. Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe : Paula Deen : Recipes : Food Network
MarchMom2007 likes this.

November 9th, 2013, 04:14 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Oh my, I just might have to make that for Thanksgiving too. I am a sucker for cheesecake and have never had a pumpkin cheesecake. My son loves it too, and also loves pumpkin pie. He can't have gluten, so graham cracker crusts made with gluten free cookies are super simple to make, so he could easily have this for dessert. Super yum!!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 9th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Oh I LOVE The pioneer woman! She is amazing. I must try this but I love Ricotta so I will throw that in as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search