Finally!!!!

Forum: **NEW** June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mrsdaiwa24
  • 1 Post By mrsdaiwa24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2013, 04:38 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
After a stupid week of dealing with insurance, I FINALLY got the Maternity21 test approved and had the blood draw today. It's supposed to take 7 -- 10 business days, but with Thanksgiving this week, it's like this week won't even count. I won't get my results until mid-December.

In a funny twist, I could have gone NEXT FRIDAY to go get a gender scan at a private u/s place and found out the gender sooner than I will with the test. Oh, just too funny.......
Mel S likes this.
November 25th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Yay! What a pain you had to go through to get everything approved! Too bad you have to wait so long for the results. Are you going to go to the private ultrasound place or just wait it out for the test to come back?
November 25th, 2013, 05:13 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Wow!!! What a headache!!! Glad you finally got the approval, but boo for the turnaround time being delayed because of the holidays. I also think you should go for an elective U/S!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

November 25th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I actually think they work weekends. I heard most results are given on Mondays.

If you had blood drawn today then they will get it tomorrow, Wed will be day 2. I bet they work Friday. I bet if you called back next Friday they might even have it done. And totally by that Monday.

But you're right (you're a week ahead of me) you could get a scan the same time.

With the M21 though you have total peace of mind that the baby is ok...and your NT scan was awesome so you are probably just sitting on gender now!

And the further along you are, the easier it is to tell gender.
November 25th, 2013, 06:22 PM
I don't think I'm going to get the gender scan -- it's $60. I can wait until the results come in. Besides, we did the 3D scan with Betsy at 27ish weeks and I'd rather wait until then so we can get a good look at his/her face. With Betsy's 3D scan, we could totally see her chubby little cheeks! Her little nose was the same too.

Angela, I hope you're right about the lab actually working this week. I've had bad experiences with this medical group and holidays, so my expectations are super low. The lab tech was awesome though and said I could call her as often as I wanted to -- she could even call the lab company and inquire for me. I forget that while my last working day is tomorrow, everyone else works Wednesday and many work Friday as well.
Demetria likes this.

Last edited by mrsdaiwa24; November 25th, 2013 at 06:24 PM.
November 26th, 2013, 06:39 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I was going to say, 7 business days would be next Friday, if they don't work the day after Thanksgiving. I would bet that you have the results by Monday the 9th, for sure! I'm sorry it took so long, but I'm so excited for the results to be back

November 26th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Woohoo! Can't wait for the gender result. I hope you have it next Monday!

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

November 26th, 2013, 07:00 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
Good lord they've put you through hoops! I can't wait for the results for this though, I can't believe we have women finding out the sex now!

November 26th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
At the least though the genetic test is more accurate than an ultrasound scan...if baby doesn't co-operate then you could end up paying for the scan and still not know the gender!

Boo to the delays and whatnot, but yay for the results when they come! Keep us posted
November 26th, 2013, 10:22 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you are finally approved to have the test!

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
November 26th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
AT LEAST it was finally approved, but Im with you, if they have really slacked off that much, my expectations wouldntbe too high... but hopefully they will have the results sooner than later! Im sorry the medical group isnt so good... its a pain to deal with bad drs...

November 26th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Yep, my expectations right now are ridiculously low. Better to expect them to take forever and a day than to be disappointed!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search