Rash what to do

Forum: **NEW** June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are still on our get away. Currently at an RV park I took a shower in the RV parks showers since it's been a few days we didn't have hook UPS till now. Anyways since then I've been covered in a rash all over my body that itches and burns like hell! We are going to drop the kids off at my sisters but I don't know if I should go to the ER after that or not....

November 25th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Veteran
Yikes! Did it show up all at once? You CAN take benadryl safely. I would definitely see if that helps. Anybody else get anything? I wonder if it was something in the water.
November 25th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kind of started in one area and spread like wild fire. I'll try that

November 25th, 2013, 06:05 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Yikes! Can you call your provider to get her recommendation? So sorry you are suffering!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 25th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
Since you are camping did you maybe buy a sample size body wash you haven't used before and are possibly allergic? Hopefully it isn't from a bug or plant you rubbed up against. If it doesn't go away you probably should get it checked out. At the least to get a topical creme for relief.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
November 25th, 2013, 06:27 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Ouch! Try the benedryl and if that doesn't bring you some relief, call your doc. What a lousy way to start your vacation!
November 25th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I called my OB office. The on call doctor thinks I'm having a severe reaction to something. Finally made it back to town and hot some Benadryl waiting for it to take effect if it doesn't then I'll be going to the local hospital.

November 25th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no, that sounds horrible!! I hope the benedryl clears it up for you!!

November 26th, 2013, 04:02 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ack! I hope the Benadryl did the trick and you are doing better this morning.

November 26th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Super Mommy
How is the rash now? Hope it has gone away.

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

November 26th, 2013, 05:21 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
How is the rash now? My first thought was poison ivy or oak, it pops up quick and burns and itches like crazy!!! If it's better, then maybe wait on the ER but definitely get to your dr and let them check it out.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

November 26th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to call my doctor back. The Benadryl takes the itch away and knocks me out. Starts getting rid of the hives. Once it wears off I'm itchy like hell and the hives are back like they're pissed off. I'm miserable!!! I should be sleeping but the Benadryl has worn off again....

November 26th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Veteran
Well, that means that it's definitely an allergic reaction to SOMETHING... too bad you don't know what it is! About the only other thing I think they can do is give you a cortisone shot, but I'm not sure if they'd want to do that with you pregnant. Have you had the chance to get another shower? Like the other poster said, did you use a new shampoo or fabric softener or something that would have caused a skin reaction? Other than that, my guess is that maybe you ate something that your body decided to be allergic to. That could definitely cause a re-occurring full-body rash. I sure hope it's NOT poison ivy, but I wouldn't think that benadryl would be that useful if it was. Feel better soon!
November 26th, 2013, 06:48 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Yikes!! I'd go in and get checked out, for sure. I'm glad the Benadryl gives you a little relief, but I'm like you, it knocks me out forever. Maybe if you go in there will be a pregnancy safe cream you can use?

November 26th, 2013, 07:40 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
The last time I got that camping it was from my bug spray. Apparently I developed a severe reaction to deet.

Allergic reactions scare me, so I might head over to a patient first clinic or a hospital or something. Esp since the benedryl isn't doing the job.

November 26th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I agree with SusieQ - esp. when you are preggers it's better to be safe than sorry!
November 26th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm headed to the hospital. They would have me come into the office if I was home but said go to the hospital and get checked out. I finally got dh awake and told I need to go to the hospital. So he's unhooking us and getting ready to go in.
susie_q likes this.

November 26th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
oh no!! I hope they can get you some relief soon and that's it's nothing to worry about!! Keep us posted!!!

November 26th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no!!! Thats awful Im so sorry. Definitely an allergic reaction... I hope you get some relief and am glad you are going to the drs. You may want to try oatmeal baths, if you have an opportunity to get to a bath tub. You can also boil it and put some on your hives. Sounds weird I know, but my friends horse used to get horrible hives. I know you arent a horse, but that always seemed to provide relief for her. She would be covered in hives from nose to hooves.

November 26th, 2013, 11:16 AM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
I hope you get some answers and some relief!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search