True Story

Forum: **NEW** June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 10 Post By TeamMom2008

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Super Mommy
My mom wanted to go with me to the ultrasound today. She's giddy over seeing someone so small so early. Her one and only ultrasound during 2 pregnancies was with me at 5 months because she went into labor. And they had no printouts to take home.

We met at the office, but she's hobbling with a cane these days so I sent her up the elevator and I whipped up the stairs to check in with 2 minutes to spare til my appointment. As she walked away I shouted, 2nd floor West wing. I think she needs her hearing checked.

She gets in the elevator and presses 4 but gets off on 3. Then she gets back in and goes up to 4. Then she gets back in and goes back down to 2. Meanwhile, my dad starts texting that he needs to talk to my mom (who I have now lost in the complex somewhere) and so I tell the desk I'll be right back and basically foot the stairs up and down every floor on both the East and West wings.

I go back to my doc, my dad is buzzing my phone and I have to pee like crazy. And there she is in the waiting room with her phone not registering a signal (which explains why she didn't answer my calls as I hiked the stairs trying to track her down).

So major cardio later and a hour long wait for the doc, and I got to see one inch of wiggly cuteness. He/She was kicking and bouncing around upside down in there with a HB of around 170. I'm starting to get really excited. I think it's going to be a sticky one for us.

November 26th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HAHA! My mom would totally do that. Glad you had a great appointment!
November 26th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a great apt, despite the craziness!!! I pray your bean has extra stick!!!! Lots of wishes for a happy healthy 9mos!

November 26th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Cute story!! So cute that your mom was so excited!
November 26th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
Aww - that's so nice that you went with your mom...I had to go by myself because we hadn't told my parents yet! Love the min-drama story, lol.

Hoping your little Junebean is the stickiest bean ever
November 26th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Super Mommy
We hadn't planned on telling anyone, including our parents. But I work with my dad, so when I started bleeding a few weeks ago I had to be up front about why I was staying home and I needed my mom to drive my son to school. I told my sister, just in case she and her DH decided to announce any news of their own. I don't want my 2nd to compete with her 1st in any way.

DH couldn't get off work for these appointments and he was actually afraid to send me in alone after our m/c in March so he's happy that my mom is going along. And since my mom won't have the opportunity to do this my sister (we are in AZ and she's in NJ) I figured my mom might as well be able to walk my sister through this on a phone one day.

November 26th, 2013, 03:26 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
That is too funny, but at least you got a great workout in!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 26th, 2013, 04:46 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
LOL -- what a workout! Yay for a healthy sticky bean!!!!!!
November 26th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Super Mommy
Yay, I'm so glad you had a good u/s today.

Stories like the one you just shared make these amazing moments all the more memorable, I am sure you will be laughing about this for years to come.
November 26th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Great story! It's amazing how far ultrasounds have come! I have seen my mothers ultrasound with me and her ob told her I was a boy Looking at the pic I am not sure how he decided that, I can't even tell that's a human! Looks like a fluffy sheep to me.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search