Weight gain check in

Forum: **NEW** June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2014, 07:16 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
32 pounds at 30 weeks (with no weight gain from 28 to 30 weeks!). It's a little bit more than I had wanted to gain, but my appetite is slowing down now and so there's nothing more I can do except just keep trying to eat as healthy as I can. Hopefully, I'll be able to lose most of it before the school year picks up again in mid-August.
March 25th, 2014, 11:44 AM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
I'm not sure where I'm at, will find out on Thursday at my next appointment, but I'm pretty sure that I'm right up there with you, Amy. I hardly gained anything early though I think I was under 10 pounds by 20 weeks and think I've been packing it on lately.

March 25th, 2014, 11:51 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
My midwife said 25lbs at 29 weeks but I know her math was wrong and it was actually 30lbs at 29 weeks. She also got on me about it again and I swear, if one more dr comments on it I'm gonna lose it. I don't need to be reminded every time I go in that I'm gaining too much weight. As someone that lost 100lbs before and has suffered body image issues, I know what to do once the baby is here so stop making every appt go something like "you know you've reached the amount we want you to gain for the entire pregnancy already, you need to watch this."End hormonal rant lol.

March 25th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my 28 week appointment today and was up 21 pounds. My doctor said my weight "looked great," so I'm not going to worry about it. I figure I'll probably gain 30 or so total since my appetite is just starting to finally slow down a bit.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

March 25th, 2014, 02:26 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm up around 17 from pre-pregnancy weight at 29 weeks. My weight was really shooting up during the second half of my second trimester. I'm glad its tapered off. I'm about 4 lbs below what I weighed at the end of DD's pregnancy so I'm fairly certain I'll exceed that. I've budgeted 5 lbs over that weight to keep myself from stressing too much. So, if I gain another 9 I'll be happy. That seems doable to me. I've got about 9-11 weeks to go and I'll probably put on another lb a week for the next 8 or so weeks before the weight gain stops or actually goes down. That's what happened last time anyway. Try not to stress too much ladies. You'll leave so much of that weight at the hospital/birth center/on the floor at home . If you BF, the lbs will melt away. Eat healthfully, be active, and most of the rest will be gone before you know it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search