your hospital bag must-have

Forum: **NEW** June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2014, 07:38 AM
rachelc0's Avatar TTC a Rainbow
we have a whole variety of moms here; new moms and veterans. when i was having kale (my first) i googled what i should have in my hospital bag and lists upon lists showed up. everything seemed good i must have ended up packing TWO bags! but in reality, didn't hardly use anything in it.

to help out our new mommies to be, if you had a baby before, what was a few things you KNOW you will have in your bag this time around? besides the typical camera, cell charger, take home outfit, etc.

most hospitals are pretty well stocked but if i had to pick a few things:
-chapstick. OMG chapstick!
-hair ties & headbands
-toothbrush & paste
-socks/slippers

March 18th, 2014, 08:35 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
- flipflops (or some other easy to dry sandal)
- toothbrush/paste
- reusable grocery bag for bringing home gifts and whatnot
- cotton sports bras

^ Last time my boobs hurt like crazy without some sort of light support. I didn't think to bring extra sports bras other than the one I wore in and one to go home. With having a longer than planned stay due to a cs, I ended up having to send out visitors to fetch me some at the store. lol

March 18th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only other things I packed not already on the list were my phone, camera, charger and baby book.

I was formula feeding so they kept the babies all night until the morning after the pedi checked them out. Filling out the stuff in the baby book amused me while waiting on the babies to be brought back to me. It's not necessary but I'll bring the baby book again this time.

Last edited by Spottts; March 18th, 2014 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Spacing
March 18th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Slippers, something easily slipped on and off without bending over for me.Chapstick is another good one! This time around I'm going to pack a comfy outfit to wear so I don't have to wear the ugly gown. I packed one last time as well but I had complications that prevented me from being able to move around much so I had to wear the ugly gown.Tooth brush/toothe paste, camera/charger, cell/charger, deodorant, lotion with a hint of tan in it for my face!A change of clothes for my husband to change into if I happen to go into labor while him and I are both at work.
March 18th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I won't be preparing a hospital bag - because of my plans.. but I will definitely make sure to have nearby- chapstick, emergen-c, camera, adult diapers (yep.. lol), and the spray to use after giving birth- OY! Also, a nice pajama set or two!!

March 18th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I'm going to buy a jersey skirt from H&M to labor in.. probably just that and a nursing/sleep bra until she's born. After I will need my pillow and my comfort blanket (yes... I have a Linus blanket and I can't even stay one night in the hospital without it.) and swim trunks for DF to get in the tub with me. Laptop, phone charger, chapstick... probably add more when I actually start getting everything for my hospital bag together.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 18th, 2014, 05:02 PM
PoppetsMom's Avatar Veteran
I'll be bringing a few items since I know I'm having a c/s.. like a pillow to put against my abdomen to help with sitting up, chapstick is definitely a must, a couple of sleeping bras, because my goodness, a J cup isn't something I can send someone to the store for, seriously. Since I know I'll be there at least 3 days, my kindle, charger, baby book. I'm going to let the hospital supply me with the throw away underwear, and I'll not have much choice but to put up with the ugly gown. I'm not going to feel up to a lot of changing. I've picked up a couple of A-line sun dresses. I also am packing a post natal support belt and my bella band. Whether I use them or not will be something I decide if I'm comfortable enough with when I leave. Of course going home outfits, camera, phone, charger. Also I'm putting together a phone list on index cards so we have important numbers handy rather than trying to find them in my phone, and a couple of shopping bags for goodies that arrive and are sent home with me along the way..... I still feel like I'm forgetting something and I'll be putting my hospital bag together in a few weeks.
March 19th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
What are you ladies using as your hospital bag?
The OB office uses gives a canvas tote bag out with the medication guidelines/food guidelines at your first appointment so that's the bag I'll be using. Everything will fit in it.
March 19th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
^^I hadn't thought of that. I'm probably going to use my massive purse, and the "Keep it Green" diaper bag I intend to get myself as a gift, if no one gets it for the baby shower. For DF's stuff, he has a backpack he carries everywhere so he'll probably have everything ready to go and then just put it in there.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 19th, 2014, 01:09 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
If all goes to plan, I'll only be at the birth center for a few hours and over night at the most. If not, I'll send DH home for more supplies. I WAY over packed last time. I need to rustle up something comfy to labor in. I just wore a robe for the first part last time and then was naked for the rest. I'm going to have more spectators this time so I might want a little something ... or not ... but I want to have the option. I have a sleeping mask that came in handy last time when I needed a little rest and wanted to stay in my zone. I'll bring the tablet for DD to watch a movie if she becomes overwhelmed. DH's bathing suit so he can jump into the tub. Cloth diapers for Sprog. Some food for us. My breast pump in case I need to encourage my contractions for some reason. Other than that, my birth center has pretty much everything I need.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search