New to this

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I talked to my DH and now we're planning on starting to CD our 4 year old. I don't know where to start exactly. I've done some research and have found that I would prefer AIOs(most likely)as sadly he's outgrown all of our prefolds I currently have. He is 38lbs and 3'4" so not very chunky but definitely larger than the actual large size allowance of most diapers. Can you ladies point me in the right direction? Thank you all.

*If you're wondering why my 4 year old is still in dipes he's autistic and while yes we plan on starting to potty train this summer we know it'll take much longer.*

March 17th, 2011, 11:04 AM
cp83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would check out BG 4.0 elementals.

You might also like pockets, so you can customize your asborbancy. With pockets I would suggest large FuzziBunz they have a great fit and with the pocket you can stuff them with whatever you'd like. I would suggest a hemp or bamboo insert paired with a microfiber.

March 17th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
you could try Motherease Toddlerease fitteds, they are meant to fit 35+ so they should be a great fit for your DS, you would need a cover though, mothease makes some that would work, but they dont really have the prettiest colours/patterns a large thirsties might work, they are superposed to fit to about 40lbs

Piddle Poodles makes a toddler sized fitted (up to 45lbs) as well as a toddler size all in one, they are a bit pricey though, so im not sure what you are looking to spend, but i have heard amazing things about them.

March 17th, 2011, 12:53 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Another option you may want to try, if you're crafty They carry those training undies at Walmart, they have some cute prints - you could sew in some additional layers of absorbancy, or even add just one layer and create a pocket, then you could stuff them with the prefolds. Then it's more underwear-looking, if that helps any You'd still need a cover though.

We may be in the same boat - I have no idea when Kaiden will toilet train. for the most part he seems aware of what he's doing and WANTS his diaper changed, but there are days where he could sit in it and couldn't care less! In any case, I'm prepared to CD for a long time yet.

Last edited by greenchild; March 17th, 2011 at 12:55 PM.
March 17th, 2011, 01:34 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would maybe try a large Fuzzi Bunz, they would probably fit his size.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
March 17th, 2011, 02:29 PM
meghan.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with everyone who has suggested the Fuzzibunz Perfect Size in Large. That's what we use on my daughter (37in and 34lbs) and she's still got plenty of time left in them. Tons of room to grow.
March 17th, 2011, 02:38 PM
fluffycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Another vote for the Fuzzi Bunz or the Mother-ease Sandy's toddler size. I have a 5 year old bedwetter and we have used both of those things on him and they fit great.
March 17th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you all very much. I'm going to go check out the fuzzi bunz on amazon.

March 17th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
sounds like you've been given a lot of great suggestions! You'll have to let us know how you get on!

Tags
advice , cloth , large , preschooler

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search