Anyone tried the BG Freetime?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Super Mommy
I'm looking at getting these for my LO on the way and was wondering what people thought about them? I'm really tired of stuffing pockets for years now!
July 12th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Veteran
I've got one (Albert in hook/loop) and I like it fairly well. We place a hemp doubler under the two freetime flaps for extra absorbancy because Susie is a heavy wetter. It fits fairly small, smaller than BG 4.0. We've got the freetime totally unsnapped and the 4.0 still snapped one level. But that makes it great for Susie, who's always been small and was 32.5 inches and 22 lbs 8 oz just a month ago. I'd suggest buying a few and then getting more if you like them.

July 12th, 2012, 09:50 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
i havnt tried freetimes but i love elementals!

July 12th, 2012, 11:05 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
not a fan. It was really bulky when the soakers are arranged for a boy.

July 12th, 2012, 01:27 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
I have two and like them fairly well for a quick diaper change. I find the flaps tend to shift sometimes when baby girl is really active. They dry really quickly though!

July 12th, 2012, 05:29 PM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
I have one- an Albert snap but I do find the rise to be shorter than the 4.0s. I like it though, easy diaper change for when I dont feel like stuffing and finding inserts.

\
July 13th, 2012, 05:36 AM
bethysfirst1's Avatar Loving Kate
I love mine on my 3 month old daughter. They are also a great dipe for DH to use since we got them in aplix. They fit her pretty trim, no leaks, dry faster than BGE dipes, and no stuffing. IMO a great dipe! I have 6 of them, mostly from diaperswappers

Thank you .:ShortCake:. for my siggy!
July 14th, 2012, 08:40 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like elementals better. Freetimes seem to fit samller than all the other BG and i just domt seem to have good luck with microfiber so im done buying MF. They just seem to stink all the time amd i dont have that problem with the BGEs.

July 16th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I just bought one but have not tried it yet.
July 17th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
in general i've heard good things about them, but i think it's like anything CD related - you need to try it for yourself

July 17th, 2012, 07:16 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I absolutely LOVE ours. DS is big (over 36 inches, almost 35 pounds), and it still fits him great, with room to grow. I haven't had any issues with bulkiness, but maybe I would if he were smaller? He's a heavy wetter, and I don't even have to add absorbency.
1fabulousfem likes this.

July 7th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Super Mommy
Hello....sorry to bring up an old thread, but I've been searching for some answers.
I haven't posted here before, and I need some help!

I have a 27 month old who has been in cloth since birth (prefolds and covers until 7 months or so, then a mixture of sunbabies, bg 4.0's, and some used fuzzibuns). We took a break a few months ago because of major leaking and stuffing issues. He never really had rash issues even with the stay dry liners on the 4.0's. I am preggo again and he is resisting potty training so I just invested in some Freetimes because I LOVED my 4.0's and they never leaked or gave him a rash, and the sposies were totally getting to me for lots of reasons.

I've used the freetimes for a few days now and he seems to be getting a rash everytime. I thought I prepped them enough and have tried various ways to lay the 'wings' but he is red every time. Any suggestions?

For those of you who love them: How did you prep?
Do you have issues with the wings bunching when wet and exposing baby to microfleece?
Any Suggestions??????????

[url=http://lilypie.com][/url
July 8th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My SIL let me use hers when we were visiting a few weeks ago (her DS just potty trained), and I LOVED them. I kept 2, and I reach for them ALL THE TIME when I'm changing. They were a little bit stinky when I got them, but I used bleach and my regular detergent (All Free & Clear), which helped a lot. I haven't had the bunching issues with the wings, but I did notice that happening a lot with the Flip inserts when I was using them.

Do you sew? You could sew a layer of fabric over the MF layer to keep it from contacting the skin, even if it bunches.
July 8th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Super Mommy
Do you sew? You could sew a layer of fabric over the MF layer to keep it from contacting the skin, even if it bunches.[/QUOTE]

THanks for your response! This is what I was thinking too.

July 20th, 2013, 10:22 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
I just bought 6 of them and 3 of the 4.0 bumGenius to start. Please tell me I won't have an issue!

July 21st, 2013, 07:23 PM
Super Mommy
Actually our issue has kind of resolved. No more redness or rash. I also bought some CJ's butter which I hadn't tried before and I think that helps too! I'm liking them more and more. Good Luck!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search