Quick intro and and a diaper sprayer question

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 1 Post By Corrupt

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2012, 09:48 AM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
Hi ladies. I'm Cris. I have a 2 year old boy and a baby on the way sometime this month. We use cloth at home - homemade pockets and fleece covers for the new baby, over prefolds.
So, I've been contemplating a diaper sprayer lately but I was wondering, are they worth it? Do you find you get dirty water flying all over the place? I have this vision of poop water all over me, the toilet, walls, floor...
Any input is greatly apreciated
August 2nd, 2012, 10:54 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
We bought a sprayer from Home Depot meant for sink installation. It works really well and can be cheaper than the name brand diaper sprayers. Ours wound up costing about as much as a diaper sprayer because the installation onto our older toilet plumbing (circa 1979) required a little retro-fitting. I think that ours has a stronger spray than others but I might be wrong (since I've only ever used mine ). Spraying takes a little practice. Yes, you'll get poop flying around the first few times but you'll figure it pretty quickly. Some people claim that spraying makes the swell worse because it soaks the diaper but I've not experienced that. I would always wring the diaper out before putting it into the wet bag.

Some people find it easier to use a spatula or to swish the diaper in the toilet. I think it depends on the kid. My DD had the awful peanut-buttery poop for months and months and months because she didn't really take to solid food until she was about 18 months. I've known other moms who were able to just roll off their child's poop into the toilet as soon as the child started solids.

Personally, if you're BFing, I'd wait until baby starts solids to see what you'll need. EBF'd baby poop is completely water soluble and requires no removal from the diaper.
lovemylittlemiss likes this.

August 2nd, 2012, 05:05 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
It's worth it to me because it really gets the diapers CLEAN. It does take finesse though, before you learn how to angle it, you do get poop water all over.

August 2nd, 2012, 10:37 PM
MrsR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love my sprayer. I found this video before I started using it, luckily. Definitely kept me from spraying poop water everywhere.

How to: Diaper Sprayer - YouTube

Thank you so much to tasha_mae for my adorable signature!

August 4th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
Thanks ladies and thank you very much for the link
MrsR likes this.
August 4th, 2012, 12:56 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
interesting! I don't do it that way, but i will now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search