EC

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our Poppy went poo poo in the potty! I am SO stoked! I've put her on the potty a few times before but nothing happened; today she went 1# and 2#. We're definitely going to continue with EC...it is sooo worth it.

Some people in my PR thought EC was weird so I came here to share.
I think there are some people who do EC here, right?!

August 5th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ooo yay!!!!! We have been part time ECing M for almost 9 months now, it's awesome It is just another avenue to bond/communicate with her. It makes diaper laundry easier and she is a lighter wetter, goes through fewer diapers, and all the air time is great for keeping her rash free. I think part time EC is a great adjunct to CDs, especially the non-stay-dry kinds we use, they each support the other one in a way. Honestly I think back in the day, ALL babies were raised that way... I used to wonder "how the heck did poor people back in history diaper their babies, was it all just total filth all the time?" And then I saw EC work, and it all made a lot more sense

M still goes in and out with how much she is into the potty but generally we catch most poops and quite a few pees, just by giving potty opportunities when she wakes up and at most diaper changes. I love EC and hope to start a little sooner with hypothetical next baby, although I know going diaper free too soon would make me neurotic, so part time is perfect for our family. I believe it will help her potty learn early too but even if it doesn't, it has been a great benefit for us.

August 5th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, someone in my PR said that her daughter was out of diapers at 15 months because she put her on the toilet frequently and she just caught on. Even if it doesn't work that way for us, I don't care either. Having to deal with less dirty diapers is benefit enough!

Unfortunately I think there are a lot of misconceptions about it. I've come across some people that thought it was basically like trying to potty train a baby and said "why not just let them be babies?"

August 5th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah there were some highly coercive, punishment-heavy "infant toilet training" programs back like 80-100 years ago or something, and it traumatized many many children and was terrible. EC is soooo gentle and non-coercive and AP-oriented though. When people see how it actually goes down, they always change their tune!!!! I don't see why "diaper training" a baby benefits them and "lets them be a baby" (pretty sure they will be a baby either way!)... some people say the same thing about self feeding/baby led weaning versus spoon feeding them purees... eh, to each their own!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search