How many for NB?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Lala78's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi out there! I use BG AIO and OS for DD, but don't have any of her smaller diapers since I sold them along the way, not thinking we would be having more. For LO #2(TTC) I am not sure how many NB and SM to buy. I plan to have a couple dozen prefolds (which DH will not choose to use), but until the AIO mediums fit, I need an idea of an amount to stock up on. I already have 9 NB AIO. Want to do laundry every other day.

[url=http://lilypie.com]
August 6th, 2012, 08:42 PM
TemporaryMom's Avatar Regular
In my newborn stash I have 24 preemie prefolds, 24 newborn prefolds, 4 Rumparooz, 4 BG AIO, 4 Thirsties Duo Size 1, 4 Bummis XS. I also make fitteds (that use a snappi for closure). Someone expecting their own baby doesn't need this much fluff. I'm a foster Mom, so I could get any size newborn/preemie at any time, so I stocked to prepare.

Beyond preemie/newborn I keep a dozen in each size prefold, 3 dozen one-size dipes, 1 dozen sized pockets, 1/2 dozen PUL covers, and 1 wool cover. Also have made about a dozen snappi-fitteds in each size. Again, a Mom won't need this much, I do for the varied ages, sizes, and numbers of kids I can have.

August 8th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Thanks! We haven't even started to TTC but I already ordered 13 BG AIOs (smalls and nb). I have a problem. I used prefolds with DD then into TKCs, BGs and some generic pockets. I tried several brands and wanted the cutest dipes. In the end we switched to all BGs. I have about 1/2 OS and 1/2 AIOs (mediums and larges), plus 2doz imagine prefolds, and plenty of motherease OS for nights.

I sold all the smaller dipes along the way not thinking we'd have another. So until LO #2 fits the mediums I plan to get a couple dozen Imagine prefolds with 7 Bummis covers, and probably a dozen of Newborn BG AIOs and maybe 2 doz Small BG AIOs. Does that sound good?

I did some calculations on cost of CDing #2 and I'll come out about $350 ahead when I eventually sell off the entire stash. That is my justification. Lol.

August 8th, 2012, 10:56 AM
TemporaryMom's Avatar Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala78
Thanks! We haven't even started to TTC but I already ordered 13 BG AIOs (smalls and nb). I have a problem. I used prefolds with DD then into TKCs, BGs and some generic pockets. I tried several brands and wanted the cutest dipes. In the end we switched to all BGs. I have about 1/2 OS and 1/2 AIOs (mediums and larges), plus 2doz imagine prefolds, and plenty of motherease OS for nights.

I sold all the smaller dipes along the way not thinking we'd have another. So until LO #2 fits the mediums I plan to get a couple dozen Imagine prefolds with 7 Bummis covers, and probably a dozen of Newborn BG AIOs and maybe 2 doz Small BG AIOs. Does that sound good?

I did some calculations on cost of CDing #2 and I'll come out about $350 ahead when I eventually sell off the entire stash. That is my justification. Lol.
That sounds good if you want to be switched mostly to the AIO's by the time baby is in size small. Otherwise 2doz is a lot. I always figure 2doz dipes for each kid once past the newborn stage.

August 8th, 2012, 11:33 AM
The reason for so many is daycare. I liked sending several days worth of AIOs and still have enough diapers at home to only do laundry every other day. Now since daycare doesnt do cloth, I have enough at home to practically never wash, but the can gets full! Lol. I know the prefolds are a super easy cheap way to do the itty babies. DD has been in size med AIOs forever, so I'm hoping that's the same with the next!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search