What do you use to sun dry your diapers?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By May14th2011
  • 1 Post By *~~Shannon~~*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I'm thinking of making a rack with PVC & clothesline. Will anchor the PVC with rebar(sp?) spikes. It's a technique I've used with making plant guides in the garden but I'd make it more heavy-duty.

I want to know what you all use. If you have a permanent line, what type? Any and all info/ideas appreciated! Thanks!
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 12th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have always just laid them out in the grass on an old tablecloth, or on lawn chairs... no special equipment... your homemade rack sounds pretty neat though!

August 12th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have drying racks we use that fold up when not in use. Most people around here use these; I actually don't know anyone who owns a dryer. Cheaper and better for the environment. I'd actually like to get a permanent line because they're so practical but I don't find them very aesthetically pleasing and neither does DH.

Cool that you're making your own!

August 12th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Thank you I thought about buying the rack, and may still do so if this idea doesn't pan out. I'll post pics if I make the rack but the baby won't be here until Dec. so I'll wait a bit on it. I would just lay them out low but we have cats and they like to lay on everything! lol Plus, we have tomcats around that spray (argh! get em fixed people!) so we need our stuff up off the ground a couple feet at least.

Keep em coming! Thanks!
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 12th, 2012, 05:56 PM
The Truth is out There
What a neat idea!

We have crazy high winds here all year around, so I'll have to do something like that. I can't just set them outside and leave them be- they'd be gone in a heartbeat.
Gripstress likes this.

August 12th, 2012, 06:44 PM
It's a pretty easy concept...wish I could draw a picture. Maybe I can and just take a pic of it. You take 4 poles, two elbows(for the corner), two tee connectors(for the bottom pole), and then drill holes on either side, spaced out however far you want, and run line through the holes. Then, put two tall rebar posts into the ground and just set the whole thing onto the parts sticking out. Pretty simply and the hardware store will cut all of the PVC, you just need to make the holes with a drill and run the line. I'll try to make a drawing with measurements
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 13th, 2012, 02:48 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just use a rack. I'd love to have an actual line with clothes pins though. I think they'd dry faster flapping in the breeze, but that's just my own theory. And they're just so darn cute on the line!

Typos courtesy of my "smart" phone.
Gripstress likes this.

August 13th, 2012, 06:05 PM
See, I agree...I don't find traditional lines to be unattractive. I think the dual-post lines are super-cute but a bit too much work and $ when I rent. That's why I'll probably make one. Have you guys seen this:

Retractable Clothes Line from Franklin Brass | The Home Depot - Model 910

It's retractable so it wouldn't be visible when you don't want it up and you don't need special equipment. Looks cheap but may work well
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search