xposted Sposie troubles

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gripstress
  • 1 Post By alicenwonderland

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2012, 03:54 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
ugh. Teddy's been in sposies for about a month now because i was on bedrest, and DH couldn't keep up with the laundry. I almost never change diapers... because i have dh But tonight i was helping get him ready for bed, and saw he has some open sores on his butt and rash spots around where the elastic hits. Dh says it just started in the past couple days. I feel so bad I want to throw him back in cloth, but i definitely don't think i could keep up with it right now.

August 12th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Oh man, that is the worst! My kids have all been through that but I thought it was just a fact of life....diapers give rashes. I'm sorry you are in this delema. Can dh use a couple of cloth, even at night, to help relieve the rash and then help you launder them? Or maybe your mom or a friend would be willing to help a poor dad out. I know my dh is not washer-dryer friendly lol. If not, just air your baby out...he's a bit older so laying him out is not possible but maybe let him play outside in the backyard without a diaper(or even in just shorts) and rinse him off if he has an accident. It's harder to deal with when they are up and around...and you are not... So sorry!
lovemylittlemiss likes this.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 14th, 2012, 08:30 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Is teddy the "one" who has latex sensitivities as well? I remember someone else in here had Latex sensitivities from elastic (Liam does...it took me F.O.R.E.V.E.R to figure it out!). Because that could explain his redness and rashes around the sposie elastic. The sucky thing...there isn't much you can do about it. Liam was rashy pretty constantly in sposies and it lessened a lot when we switched to cloth. And then it was a whole year before I noticed he still got rashy in certain diapers and that those diapers used elastic with amounts of latex in them.

But anyway, that was a random tangent. I don't really know how to fix your issue. How much longer do you have? A couple weeks? Maybe see if DH would give cloth a try for a couple weeks until you are off bed rest? Or are you concerned that it will be too much with the new baby too? I didn't find it too bad, or nearly as bad a I thought, to keep up with two in cloth when one of them was a newborn. But I can imagine it would be hard to keep with cloth from being on bed rest and being almost through a pregnancy. But if your hubby would be willing, maybe he can change the diapers and spray them...and you can do the wash and you can fold them, since its not much time on your feet?

I dunno. Just throwing some things out there. Hope any thing you end up doing helps out. Even just a couple CDs a day might give his bum enough of a break to clear up some redness
August 15th, 2012, 05:41 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I'm actually off bedrest now... but in a beached whale like status. i have a hard time getting a hold on my toddler to change him. We did put him in flats for a day. DH would catch him and get him up on the changer for me, and i would put the flat on. I figure if worst comes to worst, DH can throw them in with towels after a good rinse. He is not allergic to latex as far as a i know... He doesn't like to tell us about poops... so i'm thinking maybe Dh didn't change him fast enough and it went crazy? it's looking much better with flats and desitin while he's in sposies. Only a few more weeks until we have 2 in cloth.
Dixana likes this.

August 15th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Gripstress about putting him in cloth at night. Any little bit of time out of it might help.
Glad to hear he's doing better though

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search