A typical stash?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Leanne78
  • 1 Post By *~~Shannon~~*
  • 1 Post By Dixana

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Just kind of curious what you ladies have in your cloth diaper stashes? I'm just building mine so wondering how much you really need/end up with? Also trying to justify my recent purchases!

August 14th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd say an average full time CDer stash in OS or bigger sizes is about 50 "changes" - i.e. 50 pockets + AIOs + AI2 inserts + flats + prefolds + fitteds. Covers and AI2 shells and extra inserts/doublers don't count.

You can get by with much less and many stashes are bigger too, but it seems like 4 dozen or so is where many people end up. It allows you to be lax with your washing schedule when you need to, have enough variety that you don't get bored, etc.

P.S. I have about 60 changes

August 14th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks, that's a good way to look at it! I probably will need a few more then for Akadia. I think I'm at about 30 changes. Probably just need some more prefolds.
Gripstress likes this.

August 14th, 2012, 08:10 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I started out with the intent of having a small stash. I'm up to about 80 changes. Oops. I have a very eclectic mix of pockets, PFs and fitteds.

Typos courtesy of my "smart" phone.
Gripstress likes this.

August 15th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 23 OS pockets. It's enough for me to do wash every other day with a 12 month old.
There's a slight possibility I'm buying more....

It's justified though, cuz she'll be in diapers another year. Right?
Leanne78 likes this.

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

August 15th, 2012, 05:58 AM
I've been doing a lot of justifying! I have another one on the way in a few months so I keep telling myself that everything I get for Akadia can be used for the new baby too so it's all "necessary".

August 15th, 2012, 06:29 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Now, I have 30 diapers and wash ever 2-3 days. It works great for me. My son is almost 2, though. When he was smaller, I probably had closer to 40-50 diapers, because he was changed a lot more often

August 15th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Lauren
I have 24 prefolds, 12 fitteds, 8 covers, and 8 pocket diapers. This is pretty much the same amount of diapers that I started with too back when DS was 6 months old. I wash every 2-3 days usually.
August 19th, 2012, 08:11 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I have four bazillion diapers for two kids

Okay, I am exaggerating. I agree that most folks have about 40-50 changes for one child in cloth.

I do have two children in cloth....so that justifies my having 100 changes, right?? Lol.

On a regular basis I use my 9 Elementals, my 30 TKCs, my 10 Bottombumpers, and my 3 random pockets (mostly mama made...not by me). So my average use is still around 50! I just have more options for nighttime (some fitteds, some flips, some best bottoms).
August 19th, 2012, 04:56 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I have two in cloth. My three year old finally graduated out of his diapers

I've had two in cloth for two years. Right when my three year old stopped needing diapers, I had another baby, lol. I've done GREAT with about 50 OS diapers and a newborn stash (15 pockets, 5 covers, 12 prefolds). I do laundry every day during the newborn phase, and every 2-3 days when they grow out of that.

August 19th, 2012, 05:44 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
tI have an insane stash. Totally unnecessary. All i need is 3 night time fitteds. 2 wool soakers. Then a bunch of pockets. That's really all i use.

August 19th, 2012, 07:39 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have roughly 30 diapers in his rotation. I also have 12 newborn diapers put away but those don't really count.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search